Complaint Review: Dr. Elizabeth Ellis, Phd. Duluth Georgia

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: American Citzen — Atlanta Georgia
Dr. Elizabeth Ellis, Phd. Duluth Georgia
2400 Pleasant Hill Rd, Ste 165, Duluth, GA 30096 duluth, Georgia USA

Dr. Elizabeth Ellis, Phd. Duluth Georgia Elizabeth Ellis, Dr. Ellis, False Marketing/Advertising/Fraudlent Contract of Services for Parenting Coordination with ex spouse duluth Georgia

I was referred Dr. Ellis during a mediation between my ex wife by my ex wife's attorney and the mediator so Dr. Ellis was added as a parenting coordinator to help us mediate disputes. There was another parenting coordinator recommended but I did research and pulled her information on the internet and noticed she had written several books on divorce and seemed to be a qualified expert on high conflict disputes. In addition, if you look at her linkedin profile says she has been involved in some capacity in over 500 cases consulting or as an expert witness which now in retrospect is hugely deceptive. I have paid to have her researched as an expert witness she was only pulled up a couple of times in court testimony for trials, fyi- She is basically using my ex wife and my situation to count as involved in a "court case" or any divorce couple which is highly misleading in my opinion so any therapist since she is a psychologist by trade would be involved with thousands of potential "court cases" meaning anyone that has been divorced fyi. [continued below]....

..... That's not even my main issue. My main issue is the contract I signed with her as well as my ex wife in December 2012 references that she would direct access to the judge in our case, and would write letters to the judge to inform him/her of our situation and also that if we didn't take her recommendations there would be penalties issued by the court.  She even sells herself as being a much better option than the judge in our case and would essentially be more effective than the courts and cheaper which I will provide her false and misleading contract.   First, I didn't find out till the end that her contract was completely erroneous and false.  I took her at face value since I beleved her google searches and her linkedin profile and thought she would have access to good legal counsel to write her contracts.   This would be a huge error on my behalf because it became apparent since I and my wife had been in and out of court twice a total of almost 3 years out of 5 years.

However, when I reviewed her contract it expressedly states she reviews your documents, contacts witnesses, and makes recommendatons to the judge in our case.  Even makes statements in her contract that we will be held in contempt if we cancel a meeting with her or if we have issues and decide to stop she will write a negative letter to the judge which I find out now is HUGELY ILLEGAL!  She cant write letters to the judge no one can- she can only be called to testify by a party to a lawsuit which would be either my ex wifes attorney or mine.  In addition, I provided her many emails and documents showing a lot of evidence of my ex wife missing call times when I called, missing drop offs, making many false statements.  You have to send individual emails for each email so if she got 10 emails even if they were 8 sentences she would charge me to read them per her contract so I was fine with that if it was set up like a judge does- but it became apparent she was only taking money because I printed out cell phone records that showed point blank my ex wife to be lying and missing call times when I would call to reach my son- she would lie in Dr. Ellis room and roll her eyes and so "oh he is crazy that never happened....

I would tell her she is lying printed out 3 pages of cell phone records the next meeting to show how late she was calling and not a word was said or wrote up about my ex- without getting into many other details which I have and I am in the process of reporting her to her liscensing board because i am a business owner and you can't write contracts saying you have access to certain indivduals (Courts, and the judge) when you don't-  Any business owner would potentially be sued or lose their business.   I will provide her contract to show you how bad it really is- I do have multiple tape recordings of her bad conduct as well since I knew she would try and discredit me at the end as being mentally unstable and who is going to believe me over a Phd for over 30 years if I didn't have a tape recording? So if you go into her room under a Parenting Coordinator agreement run or secretly tape record every meeting she won't remember a lot of what goes on from meeting to meeting I can promise you that and I have evidence of it on recordings.

In addition, her contract basically reads as if she has enforcement powers by the court for us so I was under the impression that she had enforcement capabilities since her contract read that. In addition I sent her many documents of mine from our court case and emails thinking she would read them since that is what her contract says and make rulings. She took my money and acted as if she was going to make a ruling but only made fun of my emails, etc as rambling and too long more concerned about my grammar than the content in them of my ex wife and the allege misconduct.  I read many of her publications and she considers herself an expert on writing and routinely makes fun of other therapists and pyschologists for having bad writing yet her self writes poor legal contracts for her own business I find the irony in that alarming to say the least.  Then, finally after hearing my ex wife tell her multiple times she wasn't going to accept any of her recommendations I sent her an email basically calling her out on the allege inappropriate things that were going on in her office and to be honest felt like I was completely mislead.  Basically I think she signed a fraudulent contract that manipulated me into thinking she was a direct link to the judge in our case and had enforcement powers for the court and she would read my emails and evidence and hold my ex wife accountable per her contract for major decree violations it became apparent and I have evidence of Dr. Ellis on tape that she completely overlooked my decree violations assertions against my ex wife which I find that completely disturbing. What good is a PC if you say "hey my decree is being violated- drop offs are being missed, rights of first refusals missed, call times missed, and not one thing was said by dr. Ellis even after I provided documentation of it.

Then, after about 8-10 meetings and Dr. Ellis charging me multiple times to read my emails I started to figure out that she was basically milking us for fees and had zero enforcement capabilities as she pretended to have. In addition, she was making fun of me and painting me as crazy for sending her so many emails only after I expressed my disappoinment in her process and called her out on all of the innappropriate things I believe were going on and not what I signed in our contract.    In addition, she never gave me or my ex wife ever a receipt for any of our services which normally I wouldn't think anything about it if we were still using her, but I had a credit of 225 when I over paid the last meeting when I sent my bill pay out and she just took the money even after I requested it back.   It also became apparent to me after reviewing her CV online she appears to be a single mom of a boy and a girl similar years apart as my ex wifes children (son with me and another daugher with another guy)

Now I fnd out GA LAW has no rules or regulations governing parenting coordinators-  In addition, it became apparent she had known my ex wifes attorney which she admitted a year ago but told me she had barely met her.  However, after I cancelled my services and expressed my dissapointmen in her contract and thought she had violated she started saying she thought I had mental problems and I told her how conveint only when someone questions your expertise and calls you out do you lash out and make such assertions?

Which I knew she would do that she started to become predictable at the end.  uckily I taped her making callous and inappropriate comments.  I told her I thought she had some affiliation with my ex wifes attorney and she told me like 5 times she had no idea who she was.  However, I went back and reviewed my initial emails and wouldn't you know I got lucky and references my ex wifes attorney by name and says- yes, I email Jessica to see if she was going to participate-  I sent her that email and said how did you have her email then if you didn't know her?  I write this becuae I made the cardinal sin in family law I sold out my rights for money since I didn't want to keep paying high attorney fees but in retrospect I wanted to write this so others don't have to experience it. Most parenting coordinators videotape the sessions so this doesn't happen, fyi make sure you go to those that do that otherwise think about you think if an attorney refers a couple of people over that had to be 4000k you think she is going to burn her client potentially?  Probably not thats just the way the world works a lot of times.   Judgest aren't compensated by referred clients and that is what is erroneous looking back at the PC set up it can be hugely political since PC's need to make money right?  Judges aren't compensated that way and the only use a PC is as a witness at trial only if they are impartial.

I cancelled a week in advance a meeting and let her know I wasn't interested in moving forward till my ex wife was held accountable per her contract that she had us sign, etc- Then, she calls me up and begins to lash out at me for cancelling the meeting even though my dad had just been put in 24 hour care for having stage 4 cancer and I explained that to her she seemed more concerned about a lost fee than anything. Luckily I taped recorded some of our conversations because she did no research of the truth and her contract said she did. I think its important for me to tell people about this so they won't fall for the same thing I did.  Someone of her nature knows better than to write a bad contract saying you have enforcement powers with a court when you don't, and I wouldn't have continued to pay her and go there much less send her emails to review like a court does if she had no enforcement capabilities. Also, its illegal to write letters to a judge in cases, and I don't want to see other people be manipulated like me thinking you are saving money not going to court when someone isn't even reading your evidence like a court would have.   I would have never signed up to listen to my ex wife throw verbal grenades at me and watch Dr. Ellis do nothing.  She kept saying " She can't be lying about everyting.." i was like really?  Oh okay, you never heard the old saying throw enough up see what sticks?  In addition, I argued with her I said in family if that is the case you motivate people to lie in those circumstances then all someone has to do like my ex is lie and make up stuff and watch someone get mad - you can't do that in court if she talks like this and provides no evidence she loses custody probably.

In additon, when has anyone been allowed to be taken at face value with ZERO evidence thats hardly fair especially in family law?  Run from these pareting coordinating sessions with her. There are other credible physcologists that video tape them to avoid it go to those that will insure your ex spouse isn't allowed like mine to make up bold faced lies then have an empathetic single mom (Dr. Ellis) empathising with your ex wife since it appears she has possibe issues with guys in my opionion.  Luckily, I have multiple tape recordings to prove all of this too. In additon, please review the contract attached I made notes so if somone that is supposed to be such an expert can write such a poor contract when she supposedly has such vast legal experience and should have access to great legal counsel.  That should tell you the the truth.  Also, in my opinion she fits the profile of an arrogant Dr. that when you question their expertise they lash out at you and take it personal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2014 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Elizabeth-Ellis-Phd-Duluth-Georgia/duluth-Georgia/Dr-Elizabeth-Ellis-Phd-Duluth-Georgia-Elizabeth-Ellis-Dr-Ellis-False-MarketingAdve-1123488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Elizabeth Ellis, Phd. Duluth Georgia