Complaint Review: Dr. Eric J. Wisdom DDS

• Submitted: Sun, September 07, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By:Manhattan Kansas
Dr. Eric J. Wisdom DDS
1445 ANDERSON AVE Manhattan, Kansas U.S.A.

Dr. Eric J. Wisdom DDS ripoff Very Shabby Work Manhattan Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Doctor Wisdom and his staff are pleasant and professional

I want to let everyone in the Manhattan Kansas area know about the kind of dentist Dr. Eric J. Wisdom is. His office is located on Anderson Avenue, directly across the street from Kansas State University. He runs his business knowing that he has a high turn over rate, due to the constant influx of university students and the constant rotation of military personnel assigned to Fort Riley. He does very shabby work.

He knows that most of his patients are in the area for a short while, and that he is in a very convenient location for them, so he takes advantage of this. After taking my wife to his office and having a bad experience, I started to ask my friends and co-workers about him. All of them told me to stay away from his office, told me of their bad experiences with him, and recommended different dentists, if only I had asked them before taking my wife to see him.

On my wife's first visit to his office, he told her that she had several cavities, along with receding gums, and that he was prescribing a dental rinse for her to use for the gum problem. My wife scheduled an appointment to take care of the cavities at a later date. After about 10 days of using the dental rinse, we noticed that it was staining my wife's teeth.

I contacted Dr. Wisdoms office and was told that, yes stained teeth is a side effect of the rinse, and that if it bothered my wife she should stop using it. While on the phone with Dr. Wisdom's office I set up an appointment for my wife to go in and have the stains cleaned.

My wife went to her cleaning appointment and not only did they do a very bad job at cleaning her teeth, most of the stains were still visible, they then charged her for cleaning the stains, stains that were a direct result of Dr. Wisdom's own work. At this point I made an appointment to have my wife's teeth cleaned again with a different dentist in town, one that came recommended by friends. This dentist removed the stains completely.

When my wife asked him about the receding gums and having her cavities filled, she was told that she didn't have receding gums and that she has no cavities. She then told the dentist about Dr. Wisdom and what she had gone through. This new dentist would not say anything negative about Dr. Wisdom, but gave my wife a knowing look of understanding and told her that many of his patients were former patients of Dr. Wisdom. I write this report only as a service to Dr. Wisdom's potential patients.

Ronald
Manhattan, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2003 04:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Eric-J-Wisdom-DDS/Manhattan-Kansas-66502/Dr-Eric-J-Wisdom-DDS-ripoff-Very-Shabby-Work-Manhattan-Kansas-66647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Eric J. Wisdom DDS

Doctor Wisdom and his staff are pleasant and professional

AUTHOR: happycamper - (United States of America)

I've went to Dr. Wisdom for years and have been very satisfied with his work. He always listens and considers your individual needs.  Every experience I've had there has been positive.  I'd give him a Five Toothbrush Positive rating.