Complaint Review: Dr. Fraydoon Zerafat

• Submitted: Sat, August 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 30, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
Dr. Fraydoon Zerafat
4501 Mission Bay Dr Ste 2e San Diego, California U.S.A.

Dr. Fraydoon Zerafat Suspicious Dentist San Diego California

I went for an initial exam and was told I had 2 cavaties and needed crowns...also told I needed a deep cleaning as well as a regular cleaning. They said I needed to schedule another appointment for the work to be done (a second appointment=another co-pay). In my past experience with dentists I have always had a cleaning the same day as my exam! I felt suspicious when quoted an out-of-pocket cost of $800+ for all this work, above and beyond what my insurance would cover. After getting a second opinion from a different dentist I was told I DID NOT have any cavaties and I DID NOT need a deep cleaning and in fact, the second dentist told me my teeth were in great condition. I'm seeing similar reports online from other customers who were told they needed a crown by Dr. Zerafat when they had never had one before as well...seems to be an unusually common experience. I am glad I waited to get a second opinion.

San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2008 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Fraydoon-Zerafat/San-Diego-California-92109/Dr-Fraydoon-Zerafat-Suspicious-Dentist-San-Diego-California-368494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Fraydoon Zerafat