Complaint Review: Dr. Gary Motykie

• Reported By: crinkly — simsbury Connecticut
Dr. Gary Motykie
, Select State/Province USA

Dr. Gary Motykie ripoff Beverly Hills California

I did not have any surgery from Dr. Motykie, but I did go for a consult.  It is an expensive trip from the east coast.  First Jade his gatekeeper and scheduler is very difficult to get in contact to begin with.   Dr. Motykie does internet consults called virtual consults.  The perspective patient emails photos to his office he morphs them and sends them back to the perspective patient.  All done through ta da tahhh!  Jade!

Jade sent me unmorphed photos back to me labeled as morphed.  My mistake was going to the appointment at all after that.

Secondly, Jade the gatekeeper scheduler, likes to give her expert medical opinion because she has 12 years experience as a "scheduler"????????.

The girls at the front desk weren't all that helpful, but they are sweet angels compared to Jade.

Onward to Dr. Motykie.

I thought it would be great to see a surgeon who has an engineering backround, who knows how to put things together to last.  I really didn't want to go all the way to California for a consult because of the expense, but I did anyway thinking a plan would be clarified great lets go!  He's good right?

Dr. Motykie likes to place his hands on prospective patient shins, repeatedly swooping down on them.  I guess he was trying to make me feel secure, I guesss.  He said he could do the surgery, wasn't a problem.  He even said he would take pictures that I could keep and morph them and compare them with after surgery pictures, he sounded very sure of himself.  I thought great this guy knows what he is doing.

I did mention that a surgeon said that coming out to California for surgery would be a waste of money and that all that surgeon was going to do was move one thing.  Dr. Motykie even agreed that wasn't worth it, and there are things worth more than money.  I really believed he could have done what he said.

Then a few days later, I called to make an appointment for surgery and Jade said she would get back to me.  Well she got back to me, by email saying Dr. Motykie after thinking about consult that I should go to a revision specialist and he wasn't going to do the surgery.  HHHmmm, He is a revision specialist.

I read some bad reviews about Dr. Motykie and his rude staff, there wasn't that many, and his pictures were good on his site and his prices were better.

Jade did bring me in her office in  and tell me it may cost more if Dr. Motykie was going to do more work, I was all set to say yes and book a date.  After all he's one of the best.

I was trying to save money and I wouldn't have saved any at all.   I think maybe Dr. Motykie isn't sure of himself anymore.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2014 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Gary-Motykie/Select-StateProvince/Dr-Gary-Motykie-ripoff-Beverly-Hills-California-1153766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Gary Motykie