Complaint Review: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, Dr. Gertner performs a very specialized form of Upper Cervical Care called NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). NUCCA is a painless spinal correction procedure that takes pressure off the nervous system and gently restores the skull, spine, and pelvis back to its proper position.

• Submitted: Fri, July 12, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 25, 2016

• Reported By: Kady75 — Kingston New York
Dr George Gertner Upper Cervical Chiropractic
311 North St Suite 410 White Plains , New York USA

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York REVIEW: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC is dedicated to customer satisfaction. Over a 14 year period UCCNY remained the standard of excellence in the healthcare profession, with its patients reporting a 99% positive satisfaction rating.
*UPDATE: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York pledges commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits consumers, ensuring complete satisfaction, confidence when doing business with a member business. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC's owner, Dr. George Gertner, has informed us that his personal philosophy is that he is 100% committed to providing the absolute best care possible to every patient. [continued below]....
..... In many offices of his size, patients are considered just a number. At UCCNY the patients are referred to as "practice members" and it feels more like a family environment...and they are treated that way.

One of the things Ripoff Report has learned in the course of its review is that customer feedback reads, "Upper Cervical Chiropractic truly communicates all aspects of patient care in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that the employees show us. They are serious about meeting all patient expectations, and deliver their promises to the level expected."

Ipper Cervical is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Dr. George Gertner during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York is a chiropractic center that offers it's patients cutting edge technology, and positive results. They provide an advanced spinal correction procedure known as NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). Dr. George Gertner stated the following about this procedure, "traditional chiropractic is effective for helping many people get relief from their symptoms, but NUCCA correction finds the actual problem. We treat the cause of the problem not the symptoms, giving people long lasting and permanent relief."

Leads for Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York are primarily direct referrals from active patients. Dr. Gertner went on to explain the typical first visit for a prospective patient, "on that first visit we gather all their information. We explain to them how we’re different and how we help them. We have the most advanced diagnostic equipment available, special x-rays, and special nerve scans that test the function of the nervous system. Once we gather the information we are able to give them back a report explaining in detail before we get started what’s wrong with them, how we help them, how long it takes to fix, and all the payment options are explained up front before we get started. Then the patient agrees upon it and we start the care."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC

During the onsite interview Dr. Gertner was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. Dr. Gertner expressed that occasionally a patient believes that insurance will cover certain procedures when in fact their insurance does not. When a situation like this arises, "we have to try and meet the needs and help our patients, be able to pay it back so we spread the payments out sometimes over a year or so. Some cases we actually reduce the fee to try and help the people that really can't afford it." Patients are highly responsive to this format of care, "they know we are working with them, and doing our best to help them get the care they need."

When asked to comment on complaints posted of Ripoff Report's website Dr. Gertner explained that they were posted by a past patient. He accumulated $2,000 more in services that what he paid for, and with his written approval they charged his credit card $1,000 instead of the full amount for being an active patient. Dr. Gertner further explained, "he disputed it with the credit card company, and he lost. Then he took me to court about this situations, and the judge ruled in my favor...after that he went to Ripoff Report and stated a complaint." To further assure future patients National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association is one of only five NUCCA offices, and one of 200 in the entire world. Additionally, all of their doctors including Dr. Gertner are highly trained and go through continuous education.

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the consumer per the request of Ripoff Report, Dr. Gertner stated, "since receiving a complaint through Ripoff Report we’ve taken extra steps to make sure that each patient's insurance information and specific payment options are thoroughly understood."

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York is proud to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "it’s important for us at Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Redemption program. We find it important that all businesses should have a certain standard, and to have customer satisfaction throughout."

UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC - STATEMENTS FROM DR GEORGE GERTNER

" We have been considered one of the top chiropractic offices worldwide, attracting patients from all over the world. We've seen more than 10,000 patients suffering with some of the most severe and chronic conditions. Our doctors have successfully treated every spine related condition. With us, you'll always receive a personalized treatment plan to not just make you "feel better", but we actually "fix" the problem.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC's team is highly trained and expressed that they are confident they are always providing the absolute best care to their patients. We were amazed by how happy the patients were, all seeming very satisfied with their care. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "Dr. Gertner provides a very positive environment to work. At weekly staff meetings, every team member provides input on how to make all aspects of patient care better. Dr. Gertner is truly concerned about our contribution and provides growth opportunities for us. He takes the time to listen and communicate with employees and patients."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Dr. George Gertner,, Ripoff Report is convinced that Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that Upper Cervical Chiropractic meets Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dr George Gertner Upper Cervical Chiropractic White Plains New York

ABOUT THE RIPOFF REPORT BELOW:

Ripoff Report would like to let readers know that Ripoff Report emailed this customer so the member business could make things right with them. When a business joins the Corporate Advocacy Program, Ripoff Report emails everyone from the past so the member business can make things right with them. Of course, everything within reason. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer. The author of the Ripoff Report below never responded to Ripoff Report’s request so Local Search for Dentists could make things right with them.The author of the Ripoff Report below never responded to Ripoff Report’s email so Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York could make things right with them.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Gertner is a predator he knows that the people who come to him a desperate, that they have exhasted all traditional medical treatments and are willing to try anything at this point, he promises them that he can cure them of anything that ails them and then makes them sign a piece of paper saying that he didn't promise anything.

I called his office to find out how much an office visit was because I was desperate they quoted me 85 dollars that was steep but I could make it work I Was one of the desperate people. They also said there was a one time consult and x-ray fee of 400 dollars. I saved up and went.

He promised me he could fix everything that was wrong with me, cure my pain all of it. It was a 2 hour drive there and back a long trip and very expensive but I had my first adjustment two days later and I felt hope for the very first time. I found out that they didn't take my insurance but at 85 dollars a pop I guess I could make it work. The worst was over the 400 dollars.

I came back and was presented with a treatment plan. 5800 if I paid up front or 6000 if I paid in monthly 375 dollar installments not including todays 85 dollar "office visit fee" I asked if I could just come for some visits the Dr said no it wouldn't work that way I had to come every week 2x a week.

This would cost me almost 200 more in travel every month bringing my monthly cost up to 575 I am on disabilty I get 850 and I pay for where I live and eat and put gas in my car off of that. He didn't care. He said that was it he wouldn't see me.

It was a total scam saying that the appointments were 85 dollars. I would never have spent 400 dollars on xrays because I would have known I could not have bought a treatment plan its a bait and switch totally a scam. Really a ripoff and totally unethical. He lures you in with the 85 dollar line and then gives you the hard sell.

He is completely unethical and cares about nothing but money. Healing and helping mean absolutly nothing to this man. Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 11:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-George-Gertner-Upper-Cervical-Chiropractic-/White-Plains-New-York-10605/Dr-George-Gertner-Upper-Cervical-Chiropractic-White-Plains-New-York-1066663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr George Gertner Upper Cervical Chiropractic

RipOff is Right

AUTHOR: DislikeScammers - (USA)

I will Just summarize as my experience is very similar to jerryd and Kady75  Starts off with this elaborate set of X-Rays with a talking Machine and a Plate face Technician. Then the one leg is shorter than the other. Pushes under your ear and its a Miracle both legs are the same length. Then plate face sets you up for another X-Ray realigning your head over and over.

Now the Second visit comes the money scam approx. $5000.00 for the year. I asked If I could pay by the Visit he refused saying the secretary was way to busy to process me every visit. It took approx 20 seconds to scan my credit card and have me sign the ticket. Then she could return to filing her nails and wathing TV.