Complaint Review: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, Dr. Gertner performs a very specialized form of Upper Cervical Care called NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). NUCCA is a painless spinal correction procedure that takes pressure off the nervous system and gently restores the skull, spine, and pelvis back to its proper position.

• Submitted: Tue, July 02, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2016

• Reported By: jerryd — port chester New York
Dr. George Gertner
311 North Street Suite 410 White Plains, New York USA

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York REVIEW: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC patients feel safe, confident & secure that they are being taken care of by qualifed doctors and staff. Patients report they have had exceptional experiences and success at UCCNY. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program benefiting consumers, ensuring complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business.
*UPDATE: Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC's owner, Dr. George Gertner, has informed us that his personal philosophy is that he is 100% committed to providing the absolute best care possible to every patient. In many offices of his size, patients are considered just a number. At UCCNY the patients are referred to as "practice members" and it feels more like a family environment...and they are treated that way.

One of the things Ripoff Report has learned in the course of its review is that customer feedback reads, "Upper Cervical Chiropractic truly communicates all aspects of patient care in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that the employees show us. They are serious about meeting all patient expectations, and deliver their promises to the level expected."

Ipper Cervical is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Dr. George Gertner during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York is a chiropractic center that offers it's patients cutting edge technology, and positive results. They provide an advanced spinal correction procedure known as NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). Dr. George Gertner stated the following about this procedure, "traditional chiropractic is effective for helping many people get relief from their symptoms, but NUCCA correction finds the actual problem. We treat the cause of the problem not the symptoms, giving people long lasting and permanent relief."

Leads for Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York are primarily direct referrals from active patients. Dr. Gertner went on to explain the typical first visit for a prospective patient, "on that first visit we gather all their information. We explain to them how we’re different and how we help them. We have the most advanced diagnostic equipment available, special x-rays, and special nerve scans that test the function of the nervous system. Once we gather the information we are able to give them back a report explaining in detail before we get started what’s wrong with them, how we help them, how long it takes to fix, and all the payment options are explained up front before we get started. Then the patient agrees upon it and we start the care."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC

During the onsite interview Dr. Gertner was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. Dr. Gertner expressed that occasionally a patient believes that insurance will cover certain procedures when in fact their insurance does not. When a situation like this arises, "we have to try and meet the needs and help our patients, be able to pay it back so we spread the payments out sometimes over a year or so. Some cases we actually reduce the fee to try and help the people that really can't afford it." Patients are highly responsive to this format of care, "they know we are working with them, and doing our best to help them get the care they need."

When asked to comment on complaints posted of Ripoff Report's website Dr. Gertner explained that they were posted by a past patient. He accumulated $2,000 more in services that what he paid for, and with his written approval they charged his credit card $1,000 instead of the full amount for being an active patient. Dr. Gertner further explained, "he disputed it with the credit card company, and he lost. Then he took me to court about this situations, and the judge ruled in my favor...after that he went to Ripoff Report and stated a complaint." To further assure future patients National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association is one of only five NUCCA offices, and one of 200 in the entire world. Additionally, all of their doctors including Dr. Gertner are highly trained and go through continuous education.

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the consumer per the request of Ripoff Report, Dr. Gertner stated, "since receiving a complaint through Ripoff Report we’ve taken extra steps to make sure that each patient's insurance information and specific payment options are thoroughly understood."

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York is proud to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "it’s important for us at Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Redemption program. We find it important that all businesses should have a certain standard, and to have customer satisfaction throughout."

UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC - STATEMENTS FROM DR GEORGE GERTNER

" We have been considered one of the top chiropractic offices worldwide, attracting patients from all over the world. We've seen more than 10,000 patients suffering with some of the most severe and chronic conditions. Our doctors have successfully treated every spine related condition. With us, you'll always receive a personalized treatment plan to not just make you "feel better", but we actually "fix" the problem.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC's team is highly trained and expressed that they are confident they are always providing the absolute best care to their patients. We were amazed by how happy the patients were, all seeming very satisfied with their care. Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "Dr. Gertner provides a very positive environment to work. At weekly staff meetings, every team member provides input on how to make all aspects of patient care better. Dr. Gertner is truly concerned about our contribution and provides growth opportunities for us. He takes the time to listen and communicate with employees and patients."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC

Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Dr. George Gertner,, Ripoff Report is convinced that Upper Cervical Chiropractic of New York, PC is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that Upper Cervical Chiropractic meets Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. George Gertner AKA Upper CervicalChiropratic of White Plains White Plains New York

I want to describe my experience with this "Doctor" and hope to find others that have been in a similar way.

I should preface this by saying that whatever ails you, Dr. Gertner has a "study" that will show that Upper Cervical treatments will cure it. I had elevated blood pressure and a pinch nerve in the upper cervical spine that was causing me pain and discomfort. Dr. Gertner was able to convince me that his treatments would fix my blood pressure and cure by bulging disc. After allowing over 16 months of treatments, I was convinced that neither was true, at least not for me. I know when people are in pain, they will try anything to alleviate the pain. This Doctor uses this to convince you to sign his form with monthly charges on your credit card. I should warn you to not let him have access to your credit card number, if you decide to find out for yourself. Pay him monthly, but not automatically give him your number.

After agreeing to treatments from Dr. George Gertner of Upper Cervical Chiropractic on August 2011 for $4,280.00, I began to pay him $357.00 monthly. It appears that this was for only 54 treatments per year, although this information was never clearly explained to me nor in the 16 months that I received treatment from him, was I ever notified that I had gone over the allotted treatment number and would begin accruing a bill that would only eventually be revealed to me when I decided to end my treatments. I was hit with a whopping $2,000.00 bill that the "Doctor" "generously" cut in half and billed my credit card nearly $1,000.00 for overage when I stopped.

In all this time, I was under the wrong assumption that the $357.00 per month I was paying was for services rendered during that particular month. The reason I assumed that is because the Doctor would tell me when I should come again. I would ask at the end of each session when I should return and was given the next recommended appointment day. With no regards to my financial situation, this Doctor took advantage of me by having me visit his office twice per week without ever once mentioning that I was over the 54 treatments.

When I finally got an itemized bill when I terminated his services, I was able to count how long it took me to reach 54 visits. I had reached 54 visits within 6 months. So for over 10 months, no one in his office or the Doctor bothered to inform me that I was over the allotted visists. I know now that this information was withheld because had I been told, he would have risked my stopping the treatments sooner. I was strung along so that I would continue to come and pay. I was only a revenue source to this Doctor.

Another reason I felt that the monthly payment of $357.00 was inclusive of each monthly treatment was because the Doctor began to charge $15.00 for missed appointments. Why would he do that, wouldn't he just deduct that from the 54 treatments. So if I missed an appointment, wouldn't I have used up one? With no clear policy anywhere, this Doctor does what he wants and changes the rules as he goes along. The patients are his victims. I know of no other Doctors office that would not want to be paid when due. Have you ever been to a Doctor that did not give you a bill after services?

Why would this particular Doctor not want to get paid right away?? Why would he wait until the end to present the Super Bill?? The answer is because he does not want you to know for fear of losing you as his patient. He may justify this anyway he wants, but it is a disgrace that a licensed professional would be allowed to practice medicine in the State of New York with such deception. The patient puts their trust in a Doctor and in this case it is misguided, because this Doctor is more concerned about money than his patient care.

If you decide to find out for yourself, notice the hard sell and the monthly "meetings" to try and recruit more "patients". Once he even was giving away a huge flat panel television, all in trying to recruit more "victims". I want to send a message to this Doctor in smalls claims court that this unacceptable. If anyone knows of soeone that has been duped by this Doctor in a similar manner, please respond to this report. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-George-Gertner/White-Plains-New-York-10605/Dr-George-Gertner-AKA-Upper-CervicalChiropratic-of-White-Plains-White-Plains-New-York-1063777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. George Gertner

Re: Response to your questions

AUTHOR: jerryd - ()

I found Dr. Gertner through his marketing. It seemed everytime I picked up a health magazine or circular, I saw his ad. I did read reviews about him before I went to see him and even though I found many that described him as being money driven, I thought I should check it out for myself. He was located at a different address at the time and I remember being left alone for a few minutes in his office on my first appointment. I was looking around and came across a bookself and many of the books were about marketing and making money. I did think it odd for a "Doctor" to have more books on marketing than on anatomy or health related books. Even with that, he convinced me to sign up ( as he said, I could stop at anytime) and it was a struggle financially and with time, since he had me coming 2 times per week. He told me I would need to see him less and less over time, but for me this did not happen as he continued to have me see him twice a week for the better part of the 16 months.

I should explain that in addition to seeing Dr. Gertner, I also tried prolotherapy and I thought I experienced better results for me with that. The only problem was traveling to the City every week to have it done. Eventually, I purchased a hang-up and I try and invert 20 secs - for 10 minutes back and forth -2 times a day morning and night. This has helped me the most and is the least expensive.

I have stopped seeing Dr. Gertner for many months now and do I think I feel better or worse. I would say that while doing the treatments I may have experienced some improvement, they were not long lasting. I think this is why I had to see him so often. The treatments would not hold. I can not say for you if they would hold or not, but I would advise you to perhaps find a Doctor that was more interested in your health than his pocketbook. I think there are other Doctors in Westchester that offer the same type of therapy that he does. I do not know how they are, but I doubt they would be any worse than Dr. Gertner.

Best of luck in finding a solution to your health problem.

Curious

AUTHOR: curious - ()

Hello,

Thank you for your report on Dr. George Gertner. I purchased a groupon coupon for the initial consultation and 4 adjustments for $70. I have been for the consult and the xrays and scans and 2 adjustments so far. He has already gone over the course of treatment and costs but I have not decided yet if I will proceed. I will be going to the monthly "meeting" tomorrow night and ask some questions and see what others have to say. I am curious if after your 16 months of treatment with him, did you feel a difference in your symptoms? How did you find him, was he recommended by someone you know who had good results with him? What made you seek him out? Does the treatment actually alleviate pain? Does it really work? Yes it is a lot of money, and I don't want to be used in any way. If the treatment actually works and I am relieved of 25 years of chronic pain, I think it would be worth it. Did you continue seeing him for so long because you felt the adjustments were actually working? Please let me know if there was any change in our overall health.

Thank you so much for your response.