Complaint Review: Dr. Gilbert Lee

• Updated: Sat, January 01, 2011

• Reported By: sadeyz — Escondido California United States of America
Dr. Gilbert Lee
11515 El Camino Real San Diego, California United States of America

Dr. Gilbert Lee Dr. Lee-Changes Plastic Surgery Blepharoplasty Surgery Gone Wrong San Diego, California

*Consumer Comment: offer to have someone re-arrange his face

Dr. Lee performed a blepharoplasty on my upper and lower eye lids March of 2009. It has been a nightmare for me ever since. Big "blisters" formed on the white part (conjunctiva) of both eyes. That was the beginning of 21 months of pain and misery and continues today.

I went to see him numerous times, he prescribed drops and told me it would go away eventually. It did not.

He told me "you look good though". That is NOT true either. My eyes, especially my left eye is deeper in the socket because he did the vertical stitches at the end of my eyes so tight that it is literally squeezing my eye ball. It throbs and hurts everyday.

I have been to 6 eye doctors including an eye specialist in La Jolla. He eventually performed surgery on my left eye to tighten the conjunctiva, which gave me some relief for a few months. The blisters came back. I can't sleep on the left side of my head or it's worse. The area around my eyes are still numb and my forehead is as well.

I wake up every day regretting that I chose him to do my surgery. If you are thinking of going to see Dr. Lee for surgery I would think again. Unless you want him to butcher you like he butchered me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2010 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Gilbert-Lee/San-Diego-California-92130/Dr-Gilbert-Lee-Dr-Lee-Changes-Plastic-Surgery-Blepharoplasty-Surgery-Gone-Wrong-San-Dieg-677299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Gilbert Lee

offer to have someone re-arrange his face

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Its a shame nice persons get cheated by these quacks so often and have no real way to get justice.

I hope the day comes that we hear some person got fed up and took the matter directly to the person that is at fault.