Complaint Review: Dr. Gregory C. Greaney

• Submitted: Tue, May 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 14, 2011

• Reported By:Fullerton California
Dr. Gregory C. Greaney
Sansum Medical Clinic Santa BarbaraSansum-Santa Barbara Medical Foundation Clinic:, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 805-681-7500
  • Web:
  • Category: Doctors

Dr. Gregory C. Greaney Sansum-Santa Barbara Medical Foundation Clinic - sansumclinic.org Dr. Greaney was to fix 3ccm hernia on left side of stomach He made a 5 inch incision and stapled down the center of my stomach which tore open immediately after surgery he left the wound open and it caused a scar like an open heart surgeon would have left. He said he'd use self absorbing stitches but he used a huge clamp. the hernia is still prevalent. A plastic surgeon took photos of leissons. Santa Barbara California

*Consumer Comment: Dr. Greany saved my life and continues to do so

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

Dr. Gregory C. Greaney. aka gastrointestinal surgeon USC graduate causes other ailing symptoms when he operates on hernia's. Upon operating on a ventral hernia he severed arteries and nerves to legs and caused poor circulation cutting longitude 5 ccm center of patients stomach. He then asked patient where the hernia was during anesthesia physician or staff, didn't even mark cutting area. Doctor Greaney subsequently missed the hernia on the left side of patients stomach. Greaney was to busy to put the "invisable stitching in that absorbs onto the flesh" as he was quoted at his consultation. He grabbed a clamp and threw stitches into a slanted mess down the center of the abdomin. Patient complained hospital refused to repair or pay for corrective surgery upon board review. Wound healed open because staple tore flesh a reputable plastic surgeon took photo's we sent formal complaints a Board review of Sansum's surgeons decided that was exceptable surgrey proceedure. I'll post photos tomorrow, Surgeon Greaney is a butcher, and shouldn't be allowed to operate when he doesn't even know where your colon or hernia is located. Or nerve and arteries to your legs. It has taken more than a year to heal and I still have pain when I walk. I was a swimmer and runner before he did the surgery. Don't ever go to him.

Vicktor lee m
Fullerton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2008 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Gregory-C-Greaney/Santa-BarbaraSansum-Santa-Barbara-Medical-Foundation-Clinic-California-93105/Dr-Gregory-C-Greaney-Sansum-Santa-Barbara-Medical-Foundation-Clinic-sansumclinicorg-D-332333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Gregory C. Greaney

Dr. Greany saved my life and continues to do so

AUTHOR: Ann Gamble - ()

I am a patient of Dr. Greany and have been since 1999. I had a massive amount of polups in my colon. At just 30 at the time he performed an amazing surgery to where I did not have to live my life with a colostomy bag. He had to remove my entire colon and reattach my small intestine to my rectum. Major surgery. If he had not done this surgery I was told I would have had full blown colon cancer and died by the age of 40. I am turning 43 this year. I see him twice a year and have since 1999/2000. I live a normal life and have never had any complications from this surgery. He is an amazing doctor/surgeon. To hear someone bash him is very sad.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: ggreaney - (United States of America)

This report has been on this web site for 3 years. I have not responded until now because I have discovered the same accusations on another Doctor ratings site. The accusations are false and without merit. Unfortunately I have no legal recourse despite the libelous staements. Please be assured that I strive my utmost to give the best possible care to my patients. Thank you Gregory Greaney M.D.