Complaint Review: Dr. James A. Obney, MD

• Updated: Sun, July 08, 2012

• Reported By: TheRoyalLion23 — WICHITA FALLS Texas United States of America
Dr. James A. Obney, MD
1518 Ninth Street Wichita Falls, Texas United States of America

Dr. James A. Obney, MD This Doctor Wanted To Do My Surgery BACKWARDS Wichita Falls, Texas

Dr. James A. Obney, MD, was substituting for my now FORMER Cardiologist, Dr. Bruce L. Palmer, MD of Wichita Heart & Vascular Center. Dr. Obney was wanting to operate on my right caradid artery PRIOR to Dr. Palmer, doing a quadrupal bypass on my heart. I checked into the United Regional Health Care System, 1600 11th Street, Wichita Falls, Texas on the Monday Evening after Easter Sunday, in late April, 2011.
That Monday evening, as I laid in my bed in the hospital room of United Reginal, two STUDENT nurses tried to start an IV on my left arm, only to BLOW OUT THREE VEINS in their attempt. To add to my discomfort these two student nurses then injected my left arm with saline solution that causes the blown out veins to transmit burning pain signals to my brain. I laid in that hospital bed thinking about the Easter Sunday Church Service that I had attended the day before, and I thought that this pain that was inflicted upon my body must of been somewhat how Jesus must have suffered as nails were driven through his hands as he was nailed to the cross.
FINALLY, these two student nurses decided it was time to get a REAL nurse into my room to start my IV in my right arm.
The next day, after MORE confusion and mix ups, I decided it was time for me to FIRE Dr. Obney and get dressed and leave the hospital BEFORE they killed me in there unprofessional attempt at surgery. I called the nurse down and told her to REMOVE my IV as I have FIRED Dr. Obney, and that I was going to drive to Dallas, Texas to have this life saving work done at a more competent hospital, that being Baylor Medical Center in downtown Dallas, on the Baylor University Medical Campus. Well, the nurse complied and removed my IV and gave my clothes so that I could get dressed and leave. About 30 minutes later, as I was about to l my hospital room, another nurse came into my room and informed me that if I left the hospital, Dr. Obney would FIRE ME as a patient. I told her it was a little late, as I had already FIRED Dr. Obney. I finished dressing and packing my overnight bag and left that HELL HOLE!!!
When I arrived at Baylor, Dallas, I was told by my NEW cardiologist, Dr. Barron Hammon, MD, that if I had allowed the doctors in Wichita Falls to perform surgery on my blocked right caradid artery first, that I would probably have had a stroke on the operating table as the bypass surgery needed to be performed FIRST before the caradid artery problem was operated on to relieve the blockage.
The conclusion is today I have excellent health thanks to both Dr. Hammon and Dr. Jay Vasquez of the Jack and Jane Heart and Vascular Care Center at Baylor Hospital, located on Hall Street at the Baylor University Medical Center in downtown Dallas, Texas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2012 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-James-A-Obney-MD/Wichita-Falls-Texas-76301/Dr-James-A-Obney-MD-This-Doctor-Wanted-To-Do-My-Surgery-BACKWARDS-Wichita-Falls-Texas-908415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. James A. Obney, MD