Complaint Review: Dr. John Tuggle - Wellness & Better Health Chiropractic

• Submitted: Tue, June 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By:cedar part Texas
Dr. John Tuggle - Wellness & Better Health Chiropractic
930 South Bell Blvd #103 Cedar Park, Texas U.S.A.

Dr. John Tuggle, Wellness & Better Health Chiropractic Crooked Chiropractor with shady business practices. Avoid at all costs. Cedar Park Texas

*Consumer Comment: Dr John Tuggle

*Consumer Comment: Retractment

I saw Dr. Tuggle around a half a dozen times for back issues in 2007. He ordered multiple tests, 4x a week visits, and treatments that were later confirmed by three other chiropractors as "completely unnecessary and potentially harmful". As I got the idea that that Dr. Tuggle was out for maximum monetary benefit instead of actually solving my pain issues, I sought out another doctor who was much more helpful in my case.

The receptionist confirmed to me that my insurance covered the services 100% and did not include a co-pay. It was new insurance to me and the first time I had visited a doctor, so I did not think to question it. I also received letters from my insurance company stating that their bills were paid in full.

Fast forward to 10 months later. I receive harassing phone calls and letters from a collection agency stating that I owe Dr. Tuggle upwards of $2000 out of the blue. This included fees and interest from both the doctor and the collection agency.

I call my insurance company to find out if he was actually paid, and I found out that they were having some serious issues with him. For each visit he did the same thing. He submitted the claim to my insurance who paid it. He resubmitted the claim to the insurance company again which was denied as duplicate. He then resubmitted again, only breaking it up into pieces and changed all the descriptions in attempt to get it paid again.

My insurance company is currently investigating the matter, while I'm currently in the process of filing suit against the collection agency for violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in their illegal and questionable attempts at collecting a debt that does not exist.

Please, save yourself the headache and AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Anonymous
cedar part, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-John-Tuggle-Wellness-Better-Health-Chiropractic/Cedar-Park-Texas-78613/Dr-John-Tuggle-Wellness-Better-Health-Chiropractic-Crooked-Chiropractor-with-shady-bus-336638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. John Tuggle - Wellness & Better Health Chiropractic

Dr John Tuggle

AUTHOR: Linda A - (United States of America)

This statement is so not true.  I have been treated by Dr. Tuggle for several years.  He does not charge for anything he does not do.  His patient's welfare is his top concern.  He works me in when I don't have a scheduled appointment.  If you have a concern, call him and talk to him.  You will find his patients love him and drive across Austin to Cedar Park just to go to him.  Sounds like this guy just didn't want to pay.

Retractment

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I am the original poster of this report.  Dr. Tuggle and I had a misunderstanding over an accounting error. He went above and beyond to follow through on resolving the situation to my satisfaction. That was all I could ask for and he provided it swiftly.