Complaint Review: Dr. Jones

• Reported By: jord177 — Key West Florida United States of America
Dr. Jones
1111 12th St, Suite #103 Key West, Florida United States of America

Dr. Jones Jerk boyfriend runs the office! Key West, Florida

*Author of original report: By the way.

My name is William Jordan; I came to your office on 10/30/06 to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. My appointment was at 2:30pm and you were able to see me right away. We discussed, preparing the night before the procedure and arranging for a ride home after the procedure. You took my blood pressure, listened to my lungs and felt around my pelvic area. We decided on a week from that coming Wednesday to have the procedure done.  That part of the visit was just as I expected, less than 10 minutes. You turned me over to your assistant, Michel, (who was so arrogant and rude I almost walked out) what I didnt expect was to be charged $462.00 for a short visit like that. I guess that Michel could see I thought that was excessive and told me if I gave him CASH not a check he would give me a 40% discount. Even though I thought it was a rip-off I assumed that amount would be taken off the final bill and I agreed. I went to the bank and made a withdrawal (My receipt says 3:05 my point is; the appointment was at 2:30 and after the check-up by you, the interview by Michael and driving to the bank was 35 minutes in total). On my way back to your office I got a call that I was needed at my job. After I went to fix the problem at my work (about 4:30) I called your office to tell Michel I would drop the cash off first thing in the morning on my way to work. He said he checked with the bookkeeper and if I didnt get there today the deal was off (what deal?) and the bill would be $462.00 in the morning. I told him there was no way I could make it there till morning; he said he would bill me for $462.00 and if I did not pay it he said he would report me to the credit bureau. (Very rude and arrogant as he was the whole time).

I spoke with some friends and business associates, 2 of them are doctors. They feel like I do, that that was not a Level 5 consultation (it was less than 10 minutes with you) even though Michel was trying to strong arm me for one. Also I found it very unsettling that it was so important for me to drop what I was doing and drive all the way across town to drop off $300.00 in CASH at 5:00pm or the bill would be $462.00 at 9:00am.

I originally called your office to make an appointment to have a colonoscopy done. I was told that the Doctor has to meet me before they could make the appointment for the procedure. I explained that I just left Dr. Boross office where I had a complete check up and I am very healthy. I gave her my age, height and weight and the fact I am very healthy I thought that a consult would be a waste of time and money.

My partner just had the procedure done by Dr. Rakov. He also met the Doctor before the procedure. The Doctor explained the preparation to him and did the same basic checkup. There was no bill that day, if there was a charge it was added to the final bill for the procedure. That is what I had expected.

After the terrible time I had ar your office I had the procedure done by Dr. Rakov in December of 2006. I called his office explained that I just had a complete check up and I was healthy. We set a date, we met in the hospital and the procedure was done that afternoon. He billed my insurance company and I have not had to pay a penny out of pocket. That is what I had expected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Jones/Key-West-Florida-33040/Dr-Jones-Jerk-boyfriend-runs-the-office-Key-West-Florida-940644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Jones

By the way.

AUTHOR: jord177 - (United States of America)

I think I put Michael Jones the Doctor with the young arrogant, psycotic boy friend is Dan Jones the gastronomist.

Dan M Jones MD
1111 12th St Suite 103
Key West, FL 33040

I ended up paying the $462 bill.