Complaint Review: Dr. Lawrence Thomas

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: Warning for Lawrence Thomas — new york city New York
Dr. Lawrence Thomas
Internet USA

Dr. Lawrence Thomas Dr. Lawrence Thomas stole $76,000 from our company London Internet

*Author of original report: I Stand By My Allegations of Dr. Lawrence Thomas

*UPDATE Employee: Dr. Lawrence is trustworthy and respected businessman

I initially posted a blog about Dr. Lawrence Thomas several years ago when the occurence happened. Since I have recently been contacted by a company who had read my blog and wanted additional information about this individual, I now have a lot more information to provide about this clown. Here is what happened.

I ordered some customized phones for my business, which I received. This was a small order. A few months later I ordered $76,000 worth of phones. In our industry, it is standard practice that customized phones are paid for in advance as they are virtually unsellable with specific customizations. Needless to say, and after a series of excuses through conversations and emails, I never received my phones. When I asked for the money back, This guy become extremely beligerent and even threatening. Back in the day, this was his website http://www. [continued below]....

.....wpworldphones.com. if still up by the time anyone reads this, notice the history and the BS part about his time in Japan and Harvard. Yes, he says he has a Phd in Business at Harvard. No, he doesn't not. For a fee you can check this, or any other degree at http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/

Just recently, as I mentioned previously, I was contacted by the principles of a reputable company that smelled something foul. I learned that his new company is called Omega Butler or Omega Refineries International - or both (it's hard to follow this guy with all his BS). In any case, this is the website http://www.omega-refineries.com.

Here are a couple of other interesting details about "Dr." Lawrence Thomas. First, he is Nigerian (yes, I should have known...but to my defense, I found that out later). He lives in London. He claims to have all sorts of ties with the government of Nigeria and he is quite flashy. He loves to play golf, he speaks Italian and he is not very tall. There are pictures of him on the first website I mention and videos of him on the second.

I hope this post prevents others from being defrauded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Lawrence-Thomas/internet/Dr-Lawrence-Thomas-Dr-Lawrence-Thomas-stole-76000-from-our-company-London-Internet-1147046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Lawrence Thomas

I Stand By My Allegations of Dr. Lawrence Thomas

AUTHOR: - ()

The only Transinvest in the UK has been dissolved several years ago according to my search on Google. In any event, here are the answers to a few of your rebuttals. First, the reason I did not pursue legal recourse is because I contacted Scotland Yard and they told me that I would more than likely be wasting my time. In addition, I was contacted by a private investigator who was hired by another company that was defrauded and when I mentioned that I would possibly be willing to becoming a joing plaintiff they said that they couldn't assertain if he had any funds or property.

Also, yes, I was contacted by Lawrence's attorney and I have also received threats for libel directly from Lawrence. Before writing anything about Dr. (Mr.) Lawrence, I spoke with my attorney and was clearly advised what constitutes and what does not constitute libel. Everything I have ever written about this guy I can substantiate by concrete evidence.

Again, the entire reason I am exerting energy posting this information is to try to avoid others from being taken by this person or any of the businesses he is associated with. My advice is this; do your own due diligence! You may want to start by contacting the registrar of the University of Harvard since he claims that he has received his doctorate from Harvard.

If you do decide to transact with this guy and get ripped off, don't say that I didn't warn you.

Dr. Lawrence is trustworthy and respected businessman

AUTHOR: Transinvest - (United Kingdom)

I have known Dr. Lawrence Thomas as a business associate and a friend for more than 5 years. He was introduced to me by well respected City of London businessman. I never had any problems in my business transaction with Dr. Lawrence and never heard of any from others. He has extensive business interests in West Africa, South East Asia and CIS countries. I run successful consultancy business based in London for many years. I personally was involved with Dr. Lawrence in project development in Nigeria and can only recommend him from good side. I also would like to point out that Dr. Lawrence has very respected family connections in Nigeria and had a successful banking career in City of London. He is a responsible and respected member of the local community who provided his services for free for many years.

I was astonished when I came across the Ripoff report website and read the report about him. Immediately I contacted Dr. Lawrence and he informed me that he had already instructed his lawyers in May 2014 to respond to the allegation made by Mr. Harrison and they had corresponded with him at that time. He understood that the matter was closed then. If it was not why then Mr. Harrison did not pursue it further in Court of Law?  Please find below a copy of letter sent to Mr. Harrison from Dr. Lawrence’s lawyers.

I also would like to point out that the report mentions Omega Refineries UK Limited. This is an engineering company based in the UK that is involved in refinery construction business as a technology provider. It has  partnership with number of Russian based technology companies. Mr. Lawrence is involved in operation of the company together with other directors and owners. There is no negative reports or references regarding this company.

You can contact me through the website if you need any additional information or my opinion in regards to the matter. My email is info@transinvest.co.uk

Report Attachments: