Complaint Review: Dr. Marianna Weiner

• Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: Julia — New York
Dr. Marianna Weiner
1738 E 13th Street Brooklyn, New York USA

Dr. Marianna Weiner Envy Smile Dental Spa Over 6 years of treatment with no results Brooklyn New York

I came to Dr. Weiner around 2002. I left Dr. Weiner roughly around 2008 after recieving "treatment" for crooked teeth and underbite. The treatment included wearing braces and what the Dr. refferred to as a dental appliance for correcting the underbite. I started off with the appliance, wearing it for approximatley 1 year. After that, I wore the braces for about 5 years or so. Because the top teeth were moving slower than my bottom, I got the bottom braces taken off about a year before my top teeth. When the Dr. removed my bottom braces, she told me to wear a retainer for 6 months all day and all night. After 6 months, she told me to wear the retainer only at night every night. During the course of the next year, I was still seeing the doctor for my top braces every month. My bottom teeth started to relapse dramatically during that time, even though I was wearing the retainer. Eventually, it had looked as though I never even wore braces to correct my bottom teeth. Meanwhile, the Dr. was seeing me routinely and saw what was happening. She did not suggest anything or tell me how to improve the situation, in fact she did not even comment on what was happening. One visit, I finally brought up the fact that my teeth are crooked again and that I wasted my time and money for no reason. Her suggestion was for me to now do an Invisalign treatment which required me to shave off a substantial amount of my teeth or she would do VENEERS on a 16 year old. It was completely ubsurd. She brought in some other dentist who I have never seen in my life to give me a "second opinion" of what I should do. The doctor was clearly informed of the situation by her and was defintly told by her to agree with her suggstion. I lost all confidence in her as a health provider and she broke the trust between patient and doctor. Further, it seemed she was just trying to scam more money out of me as if over $7,000 on treatment was not enough. Six years later, I had to consult with a different dentist and spend $4,500 on an Invisalign treatment to get the smile I initially paid for but never got.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Marianna-Weiner/Brooklyn-New-York-11235/Dr-Marianna-Weiner-Envy-Smile-Dental-Spa-Over-6-years-of-treatment-with-no-results-Brook-1169556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Marianna Weiner