Complaint Review: Dr. Roberto Hernandez Pena

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: bandolas5 — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Dr. Roberto Hernandez Pena
Av. Madero #1135, Mexicali Baja California, Mexico Internet United States of America
  • Phone: 011530626869463248
  • Web:
  • Category: Doctors

Dr. Roberto Hernandez Pena Medical malpractice. Did not complete spinal fusion surgery. Refuses to provide operation report. Mexicali, Internet

Dr. Roberto Hernandez Pena is a Neurosurgeon that was recommended to me by another surgeon in Mexico. After a few consultations with him, I had a clear understanding that I would need spinal fusion surgery. The doctor explained all of the details of the surgery, including the removal of my spinal disc, the placement of a prosthetic wedge where the disc was and insertion of titanium screws and rods for the fusion. Expected recovery time was 5 - 6 weeks. The cost estimate he gave me ended up as double that he quoted me.

After 2 1/2 months there was no improvement of my condition so I had an MRI done. Dr. Hernandez Pena said everything looked fine and I should just give it more time.

I had someone in the US take a look at the MRI and they told me that I still had the disc (supposedly removed) pushin on the nerve and there was no evidence of any prosthetic wedge.

I had a partial surgery that left me in as bad of shape as when I started, except I am carrying around a bit of titanium now. I am currently trying to find a surgeon in the USA to fix the half-surgery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Roberto-Hernandez-Pena/internet/Dr-Roberto-Hernandez-Pena-Medical-malpractice-Did-not-complete-spinal-fusion-surgery-R-874103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Roberto Hernandez Pena