Complaint Review: Dr. Rudolph Bertagnoli

• Updated: Wed, September 25, 2013

• Reported By: Jamie — Carrollton Texas
Dr. Rudolph Bertagnoli
, Select State/Province Germany

Dr. Rudolph Bertagnoli ProSpine Claimed a high percentage success, failed miserably, leaving me disabled. Bogen Germany

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Just for the record

*General Comment: Caution with accusations

*General Comment: Dr Rudolph Bertagnoli and Jamie - Carrollton, Texas

I went to Bogen, Germany in 2009 for a 3 level Pro-Disc replacement. I was promised by a Tim Vicnair that the success of this surgery was over 90% which cost me my entire retirement and borrowed money (Over 60k US money wired to an offshore account). I went alone to Germany, had the surgery and the discs sank into my spinal column as they did not test the bone density of my spine. Before I had disc pain and now I am left with the inability to lay down or sit down. I live in constant pain.

I blogged about it, had an author interview me for a book and spoke with countless people this doctor promised and destroyed. They are all worse off than they were before and now there is a class action lawsuit from the makers of the Pro-Disc L. I would avoid going out of the country for this surgery and avoid any surgery and always do your research. I was lied to by this doctor and was unable to get a refund. He had me wire the money to Cypus so he could avoid taxes. This is illegal. His brother, Wolfgang, is his "accountant."

I was scammed, lied to and left disabled. Avoid Tim Vicnair who courts people in the USA to see him and he is paid by Dr. Bertagnoli. I would avoid the butcher of Bogen and avoid this device and this surgery. This doctor stole my life away, not just my money. I hope others can add to my complaint so that nobody has to suffer at his hands.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Rudolph-Bertagnoli/Select-StateProvince/Dr-Rudolph-Bertagnoli-ProSpine-Claimed-a-high-percentage-success-failed-miserably-leav-1087359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Rudolph Bertagnoli

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Just for the record

AUTHOR: Gktm300 - (USA)

i want people to know that I'm not involved in this. I have been researching this doctor for four years. In that time I have heard of 4 people claiming damage. 2 are aparantly fake as they only posted once on back pain forums n don't respond to emails. This lady may in fact still be in pain I think I know her story. But bear in mind she says she is broke n can't afford anything. On Adrsupport.org, she claims she is lucky that her father owns the company she works for n can still work in bed for her father. She wants a refund. Dr Bertagnoli would fix her for free if she flew to Germany as he did not make a mistake he will not n can not fly to USA to help her. Obviously she was in pain to begin with. I don't wish this pain on anyone but she has caused me great pain in sleepless nights. I only found one other lady complain about dr b and upon talking to her she said that she was in car accident n hurt lower back n sacrum. She had the same pain post op n pre op. She confided that she is in way less pain n that dr b told her that this operation may not help her at all since her sacrum was damaged!

i don't wish misfortune or pain on anyone. We all take a chance when looking for these operations. But plz people if I were to be ruined by a gross neglect intentional mistake I would include my address n phone number. I'm pretty sure from my research which include many phone calls to actual patients that this dr is the best choice when seeking this type of surgery. Dr B tells you up front that it's a dangerous operation n doesn't always relieve pain. Also I heard of a man have his insert pop out n the dr b flu to us to replace cause no one else could do it n man could not fly.

i believe this lady whom is complaining is I pain. But I doubt much of her other claims, such as she is broke n cant afford to fly to Germany. I also believe her subsided disc is probably not the cause of the pain but I don't know. I just can't imagine a person with no pain flying to Germany n spending fifty k just for the fun of this operation. I feel bad she is in pain but I doubt she feels bad I have sleepless nights because of her brief description of what this dr did that was negligent. With her thousands of post she doesn't get specific especially when it comes to pre op pain. She has contradicted herself often especially with spending her life savings. I know my parents are dirt poor n are paying for me to go get this operation. She says she works from bed n is lucky her dad has a successful business that she can work from home n in bed???

anyways like I said people this dr b is suppose to be the best he taught everyone in USA this operation, he head the fda trials n performed all the surgeries in one trial with 99 complete satisfaction. That's why the USA sucks because people sue doctors if they fail to perform a miracle . This is all my educated opinion n if I'm wrong God forgive me. Good luck n don't worry. And to anyone in pain I pray to Jesus for the relief of your pain.

just one more thing if you go to Germany for an operation you can't sue the doctor from the USA.

#2 General Comment

Caution with accusations

AUTHOR: dew - (USA)

I was a patient of Prof Bertagnoli, having surgery in July 2013. Three levels were replaced in my neck. I have my life back and feel grateful that I was able to have this surgery than a three level fusion. I had so much nerve damage and weakness that it has taken two years to get my strength back. I am still working on building up the muscles that were lost from having insidious nerve compression that didn't become painful for eighteen months to two year.

I am sure there are some that have not done well for various reasons, but the same would be true with fusion. And for many there is no alternative than to chose your treatment and expect the best. There are always risks with any surgery, sorry yours didn't go well.

I met several Americans while I was there and post-op was very happy with the results.
I don't think he or his staff are a scam, and I would be careful with accusations.

#3 General Comment

Dr Rudolph Bertagnoli and Jamie - Carrollton, Texas

AUTHOR: Leon - (South Africa)

On Wednesday, 25 September 2013, a person named Jamie from Carrollton Texas reported on a failed treatment he received from Dr. Bertagnoli.  In this complaint he mentioned that he "spoked with countless people this doctor promised and destroyed".

I have looked everywhere on the internet to find proof of this - and could not.  As I am planning to follow the route of Dr. Bertagnoli, obviously I would like to investigate this in order to safeguard myself and my health. If someone put allegations like this on a website of this kind, surely they must be able to include names and proof - not just "countless people"!

Justify this complaint with other substantialted proof and names.