Complaint Review: Dr. Steemer

• Reported By: Rachel D — Miami Florida United States of America
Dr. Steemer
Miami, Florida United States of America

Dr. Steemer Complete Ripoff and Scam Miami, Florida

I called Dr. Steemer after finding them on the internet and talking with other companies to get the best deal to clean the carpets in 1 room of an apartment.  Was told by the man on the phone it would be $20.00 so I said great and scheduled them.  Also it says 1 room is $19.99 on the website.   So after scheduling them for my boss I left town for a few days.  When I returned she told me they charged her $171.20.  To my disbelief I called them and spoke with the same man that I had scheduled it with, he immediately told me to call his supervisor so I did.  So I explain the situation and told him nicely how I felt this was a ridiculous price difference, and all he could say to me was well the carpets were probably dirty (of course they were since I called them) and the price has to do with how much extra they have to do.  I begin to feel like I was getting taken advantage of since I am a woman.  Now I am very frustrated and angry from the 'supervisor' talking over me when I tried to speak to resolve this problem.  He then said he would talk to the tech and call me back.  The call back was the same story all over again, not letting me speak and no reason why the price was so much higher.  After not coming to a resolution with him he said the tech would call me to explain what he did.  I dont need an explianation of how to clean carpets since I have done it before.  I want an explination of why I am being ripped off.  DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2010 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Steemer/Miami-Florida-/Dr-Steemer-Complete-Ripoff-and-Scam-Miami-Florida-665161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Steemer