Complaint Review: Dr. Thomas Rojy MD

• Submitted: Thu, June 23, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By: HonestConsumer — New Bern North Carolina United States of America
Dr. Thomas Rojy MD
43 Office Park Dr. Jacksonville, North Carolina United States of America

Dr. Thomas Rojy MD Plastic Clinic, Med Spa & Laser Center Awful Doctor in Jacksonville, Jacksonville, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Re: Zerona Laser and Dr. Thomas Rojy

I had been researching the Zerona Laser for quite some time. I'm getting married in a few months and since it was guaranteed, I decided to take the plunge and try it out.

Dr. Thomas Rojy in Jacksonville, NC was offering a treatment (6 sessions) for 2500.00! That is double the price of most offices, but we live in a small town and I didnt have another option. I spoke with Dr. Rojy and offered to purchase 2 treatments (total of 12 sessions) for a discounted rate. He offered 3500.00, which was still too much, but i agreed.

I was told by the nurses, signs in the office, and brochures that i was guaranteed to lose 3-9 inches per treatment. Zerona (the company that manufactures the laser also guarantees the results). I thought 3500.00 was a good trade for 6-18 inches, so I paid the money and started my treatments.

I had to drive an hour 3 times a week for 4 weeks to perform the sessions and complete the treatments. After my final Zerona treatment I had only lost 2 inches. Keep in mind I was told to drink 8 cups of water and work out for 30 min. a day. I'm sure the 2 inches was from that.

When I asked Dr. Rojy what he was going to do, he offered 3 more treatments for $500. I was mad! The only reason I paid for this to begin with was because I was guaranteed. I called Zerona and spoke to them about the guarantee and reported Dr. Rojy. Within 2 hours the office manager called me and offered 3 free sessions.

That is what Zerona guarantees for one treatment (if you dont lose 3 inches) I paid for 2 treatments and didn't lose the guantee from one treatment. I chargedback the charge to my visa and Dr. Rojy sent documentation stating it was not guanteed. The consent form i signed didn't include the page he sent up. I felt like he added that page so I wouldnt get my money back. He also had his office manager send a letter stating that they had offered me the treatments...when they first tried to charge me, then they offered me 3 sessions when I paid for 12! Dr. Thomas Rojy does not care about his patients, He only cares about money. I'm unhappy with my results and I'm guanteed to lose an amount of inches.

Even if Zerona was not guaranteed, which it is, if a patient is unhappy I would do everything in my power to make them happy. I don't want the free sessions that I had to fight out of him. I want my money back! Why would I ever want to step foot into this office again? They were extremely overpriced and I felt ripped off to begin with. After the results failed and he sent up documentation showing that it was not guarateed it made me more angry.

I'm going to spend my time telling other consumers to stay away from this doctor. He will lose the $3500 no matter what. He should have just tried to make me a happy patient. Empty promises can't be made just Dr. Rojy to make a sale! He promised me results and I paid $3500 for them and I didnt get them. The signs in his office and his brochure clearly state that I will lose 3-9 inches per session. What a waste of money. What an awful doctor. He needs an infomercial not a medical license.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Thomas-Rojy-MD/Jacksonville-North-Carolina-28546/Dr-Thomas-Rojy-MD-Plastic-Clinic-Med-Spa-Laser-Center-Awful-Doctor-in-Jacksonville-Ja-744601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Thomas Rojy MD

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Re: Zerona Laser and Dr. Thomas Rojy

AUTHOR: SCRUBNURSE - (United States of America)

I worked in the Operating Room and in a Surgeons office a total of 11 yrs. I specialized in Cosmetic Surgery and Neurosurgery. I do personally know Dr. Rojy as he has done procedures on me in the past. I also know that Dr. Richard Winters (retired) was a phenominal Cosmetic Surgeon for 30+ years. I assisted him in nearly all of his cases while I worked in the O.R. After Dr. Winters retired he regularly referred most of his patients to Dr. Rojy. Dr. Winters still does referrals and continues to refer patie.ts to Dr. Rojy.

It is a known fact that every patient might respond different from other patients. As we all should know some patients are capable of sticking to a low fat and low carb diet. Due to each persons metabolism (controlled by the thyroid gland) each person will obtain different results from diets and also procedures that shink or emulsify fat cells like the (A ZERONA LASER THERAPY) this particular patient had done in Dr. Rojys office. The total inches loss are accumulative and not precribed for someone hallucinating and hoping the Zerona is a magic wand that's gonna melt away 25" off of your waist or rearend.

Sure you have the same 1st Ammendment Rights I have but when literally SLANDERING Dr. Rojy, saying he should not have his medical license is absolutely absurd! What I found with so many patients they really do detour from the truth and blame the Dr for whatever reason that somehow makes them feel good. It would be the same thing if you had children and Dr. Rojy had the power to have your children taken away because for whatever reason he believes you are a horrible mother and do not need custody of your children when he probably does not know everything you do for your children.

With that said Dr. Rojy or his nurses are not with you in your home or restaurant monitoring all the garbage you are eating, fast food carcinogens you shove do your throat twice daily. They are not with you to make sure you are atleast working out three times a week at a cardio level which will all together help assist in a more successful outcome along with the Zerona Laser.

Happens all the time gastric bypass patients. They have their surgery. Next week they bust their fat rump eating all the crap they have been eating all their life. They come back blaming the Dr when they should have been in counselling to find out why devouring unhealthy food makes them feel warm and fuzzy. They don't lose the average weight and also end up perforating their stomach from over stretching it to a thickness of a contact lens.

I wish you and other non-medically educated patients would first really find all the facts they can on their disorder or a procedure they are having done. Secondly, I wish they would be rational about the outcome, side effects, follow-up care ect... of the procedure. Last, I wish to God people would have respect for Specialist that work so hard preparing to obtain their medical license, attempt to follow all of the instructions a specialist and their nurse gives them and KNOW THAT EVEN IF YOU LIVE IN NEW BERN OR ANYWHERE ELSE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GO TO A SPECIFIC COSMETIC SURGEON SINCE YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT VERSES INSURANCE. IF YOU CHECKED PRICES AS YOU CLAIMED THEN THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE NEEDED TO BE SEEN, MEASURED AND CONSULTEDBY OTHER COSMETIC SURGEONS. YOU GOTTA PAY FOR THOSE SO YOU PICKED DR. ROJY AND MAYBE YOU HAVE HAD THE SAME OR WORSE RESULTS BY ANOTHER SURGEON.

IT IS SO, SO WRONG TO SLANDER A SURGEON THAT DOES SO MUCH FREE AND REDUCED SURGERY TO THOSE REALLY IN NEED AND IS A EXCELLENT SURGEON. I KNOW THE REAL DIFFERENCE IN A QUACK AND A GREAT COMPASSIONATE SURGEON!