Complaint Review: Dr. Thor Tangvald IV, MD

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By: Humiliated Patient — Kentucky United States of America
Dr. Thor Tangvald IV, MD
103 Landmark Drive Bellevue, Kentucky United States of America

Dr. Thor Tangvald IV, MD Geriatric Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, General Psychiatry CONDESCENDING, ARROGANT, HUMILIATING, HEARTLESS!! - Bellevue, Kentucky

*General Comment: This Dr. is dangerous

*General Comment: This is horrifying

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I could not disagree more

*General Comment: Dr Thor Tangvald is very honest

*UPDATE Employee: freedom of speech does not prevent lies

Thor Tangvald is a hideous excuse for a psychiatrist and should have his licensed revoked!

He has hundreds of complaints and negative reviews online and still seems to squeeze through the system. He is such an arrogant person, extremely condescending, and he will make you CRY.

He literally told me that he was a sexist and a racist and used some "big" words to justify his statement. I was literally shocked, but I went to him out of desperation for help with my anxiety and depression because as everyone knows, in this particular field it is very difficult to find a Psychiatrist that takes patients without having to wait in line for a month.

My 2 toddlers were with me and they were being "normal children" at the office and he said, "I think your problem is your children"!!!! I was flabbergasted!! After pleading with him to simply listen to me, he said "I'm not a counselor!!!!" Then he continued to say that "All I wanted was drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He walked out of the room and bought his nurse in and said "If I'm not gone by the time he gets back he will be pissed"!!!!!!!!!!!  I called the police because I felt threatened. [continued below]....
.....

Then he totally embarassed me in front of the police and his entire staff by telling them that all I wanted drugs!!!

I filed a report with the Medical board and included in the report a NEGATIVE drug test that I took the same day for my protection.

After months of an "investigation" they determined that he did not violate any laws!!!!!???!!

He is getting away with Murdering people's emotions.

If anyone searches him online you will find HUNDREDS OF COMPLAINTS about this guy.

If anyone has experienced a similar thing and is reading this, PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT with the MEDICAL BOARD.  He does not deserve to have his license.  If enough people file complaints, we might be taken seriously!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Thor-Tangvald-IV-MD/Bellevue-Kentucky-41073/Dr-Thor-Tangvald-IV-MD-Geriatric-Psychiatry-Forensic-Psychiatry-General-Psychiatry-CON-982104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Thor Tangvald IV, MD

#1 General Comment

This Dr. is dangerous

AUTHOR: Suzyq - (USA)

Perhaps your remarks are postive because Tangvald knows you have a masters degree. Good for you because that possibly saved your life.

The majority of his patients were poor,destilute, drug addicts or order by the courts to seek mental health treatment. These people were seen as low lifes by him and his staff.

Most of his patients had no jobs and received help through goverment programs. I bet you had your own insurance because those who did and were of the working class were treated with dignity and respect.

I have heard horror stories from people who put thier trust in him only to be degraded,belittled and disrespected. One of those people was my sister. During a visit with Tangvald he called her a "big fat slob and that she was nothing lazy" She called my our mother extremely upset and crying at what he said to her and how she was treated. She also recorded the incident in her journel as well. Shortly after that visit she took her life. I prefer to say he took her life. This man is a danger to his patients and certainly needs to have his license revoked.

#2 General Comment

This is horrifying

AUTHOR: Whocaresnotme - (USA)

I was reading through these comments and I am absolutely at a loss for words after having read the "freedom of speech does not prevent lies" rebuttal.

The doctor and staff at this office need to understand that taking to the internet to air concerns are is highly constructive, and it is also a great way to look for trends. In this case, all negative reviews left for this doctor and his staff match up perfectly with the sort of behavior one would expect from someone receiving such negative reviews. Especially the following comment, which I quote directly from the aforementioned rebuttal-

"...an inability to respond to most of the complaints detailed on the internet by mentally ill patients or criminals seeking to fraudulently acquire medications or a free ride from the government."

That alone says it all. You are degrading those with mental illness by carelessly lumping them into the same category with criminals and you are making the assertion that people are just looking for handouts. That is a very poor representation of the mentality at this office, and it raises several very serious red flags. Not the least of which being the overall outlook on the patients. I can tell you that, if I were to ever read anything remotely similar to what I just quoted, coming from any of my care providers- I would immediately take them to task and do all I could to expose any sort of issues, much the same way as so many others have done here. All this has done is amplify what everyone has been saying. There is a trend in the types of comments left, that being that people seem to feel degraded and belittled, and that the doctor and his staff are unprofessional and rude.

Having A PhD does not automatically make everyone around you dumber, nor does working in the same office with someone holding a PhD grant you special rights to demean and verbally abuse those looking to you for help. You should be incredibly ashamed of what has been said. Without the ability to read reviews such as these and the many others on all other websites, many people could possibly find themselves in a horrible situation by being duped into thinking that they'll get help when they'll apparently just be seen as another leach.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I could not disagree more

AUTHOR: anovo - (USA)

Although I'm wasting my time drafting a rebuttal to the previous poster (obviously angry because Dr Thor knew better than to prescribe or continue prescribing this provincial Philistine medication) I feel it necessary and compelling to let my family and the readers of this site to know that Dr Thor not only improved the quality of my life. > > And when it was necessary he made a prudent choice to reduce my meds; which in the end proved to be quite a relief. > > He is the most trusting, down to earth, loving and articulate behavioral specialist I have ever had the privilege of meeting. In my mind I couldn't imagine what my life would be like had I not been under his care for the past 8 years. > > While he may be direct in his communication he has never been remiss, myopic or glib with his advice and encouragement. I've recommended him to a number of adults my age (52 with a Masters Degree, nonetheless) and would not hesitate to continue to do so. > > A. Novogroski

#4 General Comment

Dr Thor Tangvald is very honest

AUTHOR: CLK - ()

I've been a patient of Dr Tangvald's for years and he has helped me though some very trying times. He has always treated me with respect and compassion.  My well being has always been in his best insterest.

He does have a dry sense of humor, which not all people can understand or find humorous. He is extremely knowlogable and maybe to smart for his own good but if you see him with an open mind and do not judge his strong statements about himself, you could get pasted it and allow him to do his job and treat you. I find his honesty and sense of humor refreshing.

It's hard enough to treat people now a days but trashing a doctor on the internet isn't going to make getting treatment any easier. I ask that more people stay positive and leave positive feedback.  Hate and anger take to much time and energy.

Keep up the good work Dr. Thor

freedom of speech does not prevent lies

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Dr. Tangvald & his team are serous about providing mental health care and therapeutic counseling. They are bound by personal integrity & PHI regulations resulting in an inability to respond to most of the complaints detailed on the internet by mentally ill patients or criminals seeking to fraudulently acquire medications or a free ride from the government.

Yes there have been complaints; yet in 25 years of practice none of the complaints against Dr. Tangvald have been found to have merit and all have been dismissed. None of Dr. Thor's team has ever been reprimanded or restricted from practicing. It is unfortunate people feel free to resort to internet harassment and attacks. I wish more people would take time to recount their positive experiences.

Here is an example (with names changed for PHI) of what you need to know about Dr. Thor Tangvald:

"Dr. Thor,  Jane Doe passed away on February 11th. I just wanted to take time to personally thank you for being Jane Doe's psychiatrist. You treated her with dignity and respect. We would also like to share this with Brien. He really is a true blessing as well. My wife and I feel blessed for both of you. Again thank you for everything.
John Doe"

If you are serious about addressing your mental health needs Dr. Tangvald and his associates will help you.