Complaint Review: Dr. Yosef Saleeby

• Reported By: livinginclt — Matthews North Carolina United States of America
Dr. Yosef Saleeby
4736 US 17 Bypass Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States of America

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Personal Attack for filing a legitimate complaint

Dr. Yosef Saleeby practices very questionable medical ethics. He claims to offer excellent care; however I imagine he's inducing great stress on his patients considering what he charges! He charges $300 for a 20-30 consult! That's $600 per hour..... what a RIP OFF. I have spoken other doctors in this same field and they all charge far LESS than this for the exact same consult. Be Warned!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Yosef-Saleeby/Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina-29588/Dr-Yosef-Saleeby-Wellness-One-Medical-unfair-mark-up-ripp-off-more-than-most-doctors-M-966936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Yosef Saleeby

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Personal Attack for filing a legitimate complaint

AUTHOR: JP - (USA)

I have been attached personally in this forum for filing a legitimate complaint about an appliance service company.  The employee has placed this ''complaint'' but have never been a patient of mine, seen me in the office or even inquired about services from me as a doctor.  He is attacking ''me'' personally not addressing the complaint.  This is called a ad hominem attack in Philosophy, when someone cannot "man-up" and defend themselves in a rational and logical way, they attack the ''person'' who is arguing the case.  This is indicative of an immature and unethical approach or response to debating an issue or argument.  This is my letter to the editors of RipOffReports:

From:JP <jpsaleeby
To:EDitor <EDitor@ripoffreport.com>
Subject:Retaliatory PostingDate:Tue, Nov 27, 2012 10:58 am

Dear sir,

Regarding:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/dr-yosef-saleeby/alternative-health/myrtle-beach-south-carolina-092D4.htm#

and regarding the original complaint filed by me:  http://www.ripoffreport.com/aviv-service-today/appliances/charleston-south-carolina-de3f0.htm

This posting by "livinginclt" was a retaliatory posting after I posted a negative report on an overpriced appliance service company called AVIV.  I have a letter from AVIV's COO stating such slander about my office practice (ad hominem argument) which are actually unfounded and not true... my office in Myrtle Beach has nothing to do with his claims which he is getting off my personal web site pricing schedule which is out of date and does not apply today.  My solo practice prices are actually far less than what the industry charges for anti-aging consultations (check out BodyLogics and Cenegenics).  So this person from ''Matthews NC"  who is Mr. Bradford, has never even seen me in the office, I have never encountered them as a patient and Matthews is the home base (HQ) of AVIV Service Today.  They should be reprimanded for such unethical postings and attacking my ''person'' and not rebutting the actual issue.  Can you please remove this listing or at least place a notice (as IO aware of your policy not to remove complaints, but I am sure that applies to legitimate complaints and not spam) that this is fictitious and was done in retaliation for a posting I made legitimately against their company.

Will cut and paste the response from Mr. Bradford, their COO on RipOff Reports own website.  If you read the last paragraph, it mirrors his attack on my private practice (having nothing to do with the complaint).   I am convinced this was a blatant attack on me and my office resulting from a legitimate complaint about his company.  Additionally the web site listed is NOT the WellnessOne web site (so information in the complaint is erroneous) and they misspelled my first name too.

#1 Employee
Aviv Service Today
AUTHOR: Aviv Service Today - Charleston (United States of America)
SUBMITTED: Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.  First of all, the cost of repair was not $400; it was $233.76 plus tax, which totaled $253.63. Yes there was an $80 service charge for the service technician to come to the rental property and diagnose the appliance. This is a separate charge from the cost of repair, much like a physician charges you an office visit and then an additional charge to treat your illness. The total charge came to $333.63, NOT $400. Yet, somehow you continue to claim that the cost of repair was $400.

Your review implies that your phone call and emails were never addressed, which in fact is not true. You called our office one time and I personally returned your call within 30 minutes. Every email that you sent was given an immediate and appropriate response. You claim that you were able to go out and find two other companies in Charleston that would do the work for a lower price. This I completely agree with. I could have given you more than two companies, but they would have been companies that do not guarantee their work by ensuring that each and every customer is completely satisfied with the work theyve hired us to do and they also do not offer a 5 year part warranty and a 90 day warranty on all related service, as Aviv Service Today does.

Its interesting that you had absolutely no problem when the property manager called us, approved and paid for the repair. Did you question the amount they were paying, or were you just happy that you and your family had a working appliance again?

For someone who is so concerned with the practice of customary and usual pricing, Id like to know how you justify charging your patients $300 for a 20 minute anti-aging consultation? (Please see link below) That is $900 an hour! (I had a monkey double check my math)  I bet your answer would be the same as mine; you get what you pay for. If you want to pay less and receive a lower quality of service, then you need to go somewhere else.

Todd Bradford
Director of Operations
Aviv Service Today, Inc

Regarding this posting:
111/9/2012
Dr. Yosef Saleeby Wellness One Medical unfair mark up, ripp off, more than most doctors Myrtle Beach, South CarolinaAuthor: Matthews North CarolinaAlternative Health: Dr. Yosef Saleeby
------

This complaint should in no way be taken seriously, as our office at WellnessOne is highly regarded as offering exemplary patient care at very affordable prices.  If you have any questions please visit www.WellnessOneAmerica.com (the center's correct web address)

Regards,

Yusuf (JP) Saleeby, MD

PS:  Shame on you Mr. Bradford!