Complaint Review: Drain Right Plumbing Services

• Submitted: Tue, April 13, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 13, 2010

• Reported By: Tami — Carson California U.S.A.
Drain Right Plumbing Services
1891 N Gaffey St. Internet United States of America

Drain Right Plumbing Services Rate Hikers Internet

On 04-13-10 I contacted several companies regarding my drainage problems. When I contacted your company, I spoke with "Ray", the office manager. He was very professional and said he could not only give me a good price, but he also had someone in my area and could handle the situation immediately. I explained the following. The downstairs bathtub and sink were blocked. The kitchen sink was blocked. I took the cap off the outside release valve to clear the kitchen sink. Ray stated he could have someone at my home between 2:30-4:30. It would cost $45.00 for the clean out valve and $45 for each additional drain inside if the clean out wasn't enough. When "Tony" arrived, he checked the drains and stated it appeared all I needed was a clean out. As he brought in his equipment, he said the clean out valve would cost $75.00. When I asked him why so much he said that was the standard price. I explained that I was quoted $45.00 by Ray plus an additional $45.00 for each other outlet. He said Tony was wrong and had no right to quote prices. At that point I was upset but since he was in and ready to start I felt cornered. I told him to go ahead, but I also let him know I wasn't happy about the pricing game. After he cleared the clean out valve he discovered the bathtub needed additional clearing. He then told me he would go ahead and only charge me $45.00 for the clean out valve but he had to charge $65.00 for the bathtub because that was the set rate. I told him I didn't believe that because it seems Ray would have said that in our conversation giving I specifically said the tub was clogged. He proceeded to get the proper tool and began the work. I that point I felt taken and became quite furious. I then called the office for "Ray", who was gone for the day. I did speak with another gentleman and explained my frustration. He tried many excuses from Ray and I misunderstood each other to I must have a difficult drain and everything in between. He finally said he would talk to Tony and work something out. A few moments later Tony advised me he would only charge the original quote of $45.00 each. I guarantee I will never use your service again, nor will I refer you to anyone. This day and age we all need income but I thought ripping off women over home repairs was a thing of the past.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2010 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drain-Right-Plumbing-Services/internet/Drain-Right-Plumbing-Services-Rate-Hikers-Internet-592943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drain Right Plumbing Services