Complaint Review: Dream Finder's Homes

Dream Finder's Homes
360 Corporate Orange Park, Florida USA

Dream Finder's Homes Unreputable Builder St Johns Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Dream Finders Homes Response

Dream Finder's Homes is dishonest builder.  I signed a contract to build a home.  I paid a binder.  I spent time with the Sales Agent to pick out my lot, select the elevation and several features for the home.  I was under the impression that the lot was mine and that I was building a home.  When I called to schedule my design appointment, I was told that the Builder would not honor the contract.  I was told that the price that was advertised (and still listed in all the documentation in the sales office) was too low.  He said that I needed to pay $16,000 more to buy the house.  My Realtor called several time to talk to management.  They were very unresponsive.  Her Broker was able to reach the Builder.  The Builder refused to honor the price in the contract.  I was heart broken.   It's very disappointing that Dream Finder's would let me get so far into the process and then raise the price so dramatically.  He would not budge on the price nor negotiate at all.  Completely unethical for not honoring his published prices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dream-Finders-Homes/Orange-Park-Florida-32073/Dream-Finders-Homes-Unreputable-Builder-St-Johns-Florida-1061433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dream Finder's Homes

Dream Finders Homes Response

AUTHOR: Dream Finders Homes - (USA)

We owe you a sincere apology regarding your experience with Dream Finders Homes.  It was never our intention to create such and awkward and uncomfortable situation.

It is unfortunate you were under the impression the lot was yours to build a home.

A contract written is considered an offer until it is executed and accepted by the seller.  Upon receipt of the offer to purchase, the seller realized the list price was incorrect.  After numerous communication between both parties the seller attempted to offer a price that would be suitable and beneficial to both buyer and seller.  In addition, other communities were suggested as a more acceptable price range.

Our website states the following:

*Dream Finders Homes reserves the right to change elevations, specifications, materials and pricing without prior notice. Variations within the floor plans and elevations do exist.  Square footage are approximate and will vary. All price above reflect Elevation 'A'. Pricing for other elevations may vary.

Dream Finders Homes has taken precautions to prevent this unfortunate misunderstanding going forward with a strong and efficient management team in place.

Sincerely,