Complaint Review: Dream Vacations - R & R Escapes

• Submitted: Tue, May 10, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 10, 2005

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
Dream Vacations - R & R Escapes
1117 Desert Lane Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Dream Vacations - R & R Escapes Vacation Package Telemarketing Scam - Checking Account Las Vegas Nevada

I received a call from a telemarketer explaining I had been chosen to receive a travel award. The telemarketer had an Indian accent and told me he worked for Dream Vacations in Las Vegas.

The telemarketer said that the award was $800 in airline vouchers and lodging. They were also including a discount card for area malls, a travel agents i.d. number for further travel discounts, and more. I listened to his spill trying to be polite. When I told him I was not interested, he got VERY upset. He became aggressive insisting that I participate so I hung up on him. He immediately called back and started yelling at me for hanging up on him. I told him I was not interested and not to call my number again. He was still yelling so I hung up again.

About 30 minutes later, he called again! He wanted to confirm my entry and my bank account. Without giving him any information, I played along in order to get names and phone numbers. The name he gave was Robby Palmers and he gave me a working phone number 877-295-3927. Once I got this information, I told him that he had called me two other times about 30 minutes ago and at this point I felt that he was harassing me.

He immediately started saying, No, it wasn't me. isn't caller ID wonderful. I hung up and called the 877 number. I was told that my phone number would be removed from their call list immediately and that filing a complaint with the FTC would not be necessary. I still plan to file charges with the Federal Trade Commission and hope this might protect others who receive this type of call.

Mary Lynne
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2005 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dream-Vacations-R-R-Escapes/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/Dream-Vacations-R-R-Escapes-Vacation-Package-Telemarketing-Scam-Checking-Account-Las-142250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dream Vacations - R & R Escapes