Complaint Review: Dream Walker Ranch

• Updated: Sun, September 25, 2011

• Reported By: ron — kennett Missouri United States of America
Dream Walker Ranch
kennett, Missouri United States of America

ro Dream Walker Ranch sold me a horse for much more than it is worth. The horse looked gaunt when he arrived. They said he was 16 hands but in reality was only 15 hands tall. kennett, Missouri

I noticed a report about Dream Walker Ranch on your website. A woman had bought, as I did a horse sight unseen, for $5900 and her horse arrived looking 200 lbs. under weight. I, too, bought a horse from this same ranch after looking at videos online. The horse looked gorgeous online. How they could make him look so good is a mystery. I really wanted to buy a horse named Painted Master Piece but they talked me into buying this horse. I was so disappointed when he arrived. She told me to expect a weight loss of about 75 lbs in transit. The horse cost me $6200 and $650 to ship him to me. When the horse, "Highwayman", arrived he looked gaunt. Over the next 2 months he just would not gain weight, which she said he would gain back in a few weeks. His ribs showed and his hind quarters looked hollowed out. They told me he had a beautiful head but his eyes had two deep pits above them and his head looked like a long mulely head. They told me he was 16 hands tall when in reality he was only 15 hands. They said he was an excellent trail horse but on the trail you had to constantly work him to keep him going where you wanted. I finally sold the horse to Cloud 9 Ranch in Hardin, Texas. The trainer and owner traded me a beautiful, superior gaited mare for $3500. She took Highwayman and $2000 in trade. I lost $5350 on Highwayman.  The horse was worth about $1500 but probably wouldn't bring that much in an auction. The owners of Dream Walker Ranch should reimburse me for my loss. I feel that they should at least refund $3000 of my loss for scamming me on this horse. Anyone considering buying a horse from Dream Walker Ranch in Las Vegas, Nevada. BEWARE! These people are good at ripping you off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2011 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dream-Walker-Ranch/kennett-Missouri-/ro-Dream-Walker-Ranch-sold-me-a-horse-for-much-more-than-it-is-worth-The-horse-looked-gau-781134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dream Walker Ranch