Complaint Review: Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

• Submitted: Thu, December 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Orlando Florida United States of America
P.O.Box 142 Peck, Michigan United States of America

Dreamcatchers for Abused Children Unauthorized Background checkby CEO using FBI as a scare tactic, CEO Not Reporting to Board Members Where Donations and Sales of Books and Store items are Spent. Intimidati Peck, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Dreamcatchers is truely sincere.

*General Comment: Slander

*Consumer Comment: DIRECTLY TO SANDRA POTTER

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our Testimonials & Recommendations

*Consumer Comment: FAKE FBI INVESTIGATION BLOG

*UPDATE Employee: Known Founder of Dreamcatchers from the beginning

*Consumer Comment: #21: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

*Consumer Comment: #21: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

*UPDATE Employee: #15 should get their facts in order

*General Comment: FOUND THE BLOG FROM VP

*UPDATE Employee: #15,Slander & Malicious LIES by EX Volunteer

*UPDATE Employee: What about the children?

*UPDATE Employee: #15 is the dumbest comment ever

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bipolar disorder --- SLANDER

*Consumer Comment: Verification

*General Comment: Dreamcatchers for Abused Children Founder Sandra Potter hides the fact theh she has Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Polysubstance Abuserecover

*Consumer Comment: Our Prayers Are With You...

*Consumer Comment: Proud to be Affiliated with Dreamcatchers

*General Comment: invalid, malicious report

*Consumer Comment: Disgruntled 'Ex' Board Member...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dreamcatcher For Abused Children Is A NEEDED Organization

*UPDATE Employee: Cant Be A Rip-off When Its Non Profit

*General Comment: AN ABUSED CHILD SURVIVORS CLAIM

*Consumer Comment: I stand behind Dreamcatchers for Abused Children 100%

*UPDATE Employee: Angry Ex-Board Member & Volunteer

*UPDATE Employee: Angry Ex-Board Member & Volunteer

*UPDATE Employee: Disgruntled Ex-Board Member...

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Report was Written by a Spiteful, Disgruntled Ex-Board Member.....

*UPDATE Employee: Disgruntled 'Ex' Board Member...

*Author of original report: Donna Kshir

Dreamcatchers for Abused Children's CEO/Founder, Sandra Potter and husband Co Founderm Philip Potter devised a scheme and deceived a volunteer via  email informing her that the FBI did a background check on her and all board members (Unauthorized).

They used this scare tactic to get private information such as marital status, name on utilities, and other personal information that is not required by law for any employer to have. [continued below]....

..... This is unethical at the very least.Mrs. Potter never organized a single Board meeting according to former board members.

No records were provided on donations from fundraisers, sales from online store etc.  How donations are spent has never been disclosed to the Board. Mrs. Potter and President Donna Kirsh have co written books for Dreamcatchers for Abused Children and have not provided the Board of Directors any reports on how much money was made and how the money is spent from those sales.Mrs. Potter dismisses Volunteers & Board Members, copying people in an email.

No prior voting from the Board to determine action to take with volunteer. She posts the dismissal on Myspace and Facebook to humiliate volunteer to friends and family.Mrs. Potter dismisses Volunteers and she does not permit volunteer to address the reason/allegations for dismissal and threatens volunteer with use of legal action to prosecute if volunteer attempts to reply to the dismissal email.

Mrs. Potter used copy-written image; child angel at gate as her Dreamcatcher logo without permission.  Volunteers were at risk of a lawsuit, for using the image on all promo material.  Just recently photographer found out and Mrs.Potter  has permission.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dreamcatchers-for-Abused-Children/Peck-Michigan-48466/Dreamcatchers-for-Abused-Children-Unauthorized-Background-checkby-CEO-using-FBI-as-a-scar-533216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

Dreamcatchers is truely sincere.

AUTHOR: MichaelDavid - (United States of America)

When I read that a woman who has not recieved a dime for her own pocket for trying to raise awareness for child abuse was on this page it truely sickened me. This is obviously a backlash by an unstable person that can't be trusted. I wish more humans had the courage to stand up and make the world a better and safer place for the children.
This must and should be corrected. My hope is that there are not many other charitable and kind people being labeled as bad on this page. Please research and understand all that Dreamcatchers has done to point out and make people aware of things that most turn a blind eye to or don't want to hear about.

#2 General Comment

Slander

AUTHOR: tasha - (United States of America)

Why are you slandering this woman? I resent you insinuating that people with mental illness can not be productive members of society. You are just as wrong about that as you are about sandra. Her group has helped so many people. By the way, I am bipolar and I am a productive member of society. Since I am bipolar does that mean that I am not charitable..wrong. Not a day goes by that I don't try to help someone. How dare you make such a comment.

DIRECTLY TO SANDRA POTTER

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Testimonies!!  Did you think that copying testimonies from your site is the winning card to set you free from people questioning your integrity and wanting you to be held accountable for what you did?  You're kidding right? the individuals that wrote the testimonies were not made aware of the truth when they wrote them for you.  them as a favor so you could build a great reputation for yourself.

They knew nothing of what you did in the privacy of your home such as writing a letter to your VP trying to scare her.   They look at your myspace page, your collection of myspace people (Whicon your pageh do not even know you at all. they do not donate based on the little donation widget donate, because they really don't care).  You send a friend request, they accept, by the click of a button.  The number means nothing.  You have a volunteer working to add friends every day?

If you deleted 95% of your Dream Catchers MYSPACE friends on your page, they would not even know you deleted them.  Why not do a background check on them before adding them?  You don't even know these people.  Some of them probably are abusers themselves or sex offenders (hate to use this term, but I have to) getting off on the photos on your MYSPACE page.  Don't tell me this never entered your mind. That is exploitation to innocent children for sure. You'd feel it if it was picture of your child, I guarantee you!

So is it really helping to educate?  Are you aware of all the psychos and false profiles out in the cyber world?  You do not care if abusers get to see these pictures and are smiling every day that they click on your page to view this abused children.  There is that kind of sickness in this world.  You obviously decided to shock people with this visual,; believe me there are more effective ways without the exploitation of an already abused or even DEAD child!  I don't even have children and I cannot look at your page, yet I care and contribute to another organization that does not use your sick technique!!

Try asking all of them for one dollar, and see if they pay it. You have... what... 30,000 myspace members that GENUINELY CARE?   Some of the people may have a real good time looking at your exposed beaten burned, nude children and babies.  Don't get offended people, but this is true!

They see the cause, "saving the abused children" and they believe you can do know wrong because you started this organization.  They feel good thinking they did their part for the day by the click of a button "Accept friend". "Wow"  Now what???

You have done terrible things, you are cruel, this letter up above from Shannon Knight's blog is definitely the real deal; no doubt.  It's plain and simple, IT WAS WRONG AND DISHONEST.  Clean up your mess Sandra Potter!  Step up to the plate and make right with the ones you hurt "and there are many" and be thankful more of your awful letters have not been posted here yet.  I think they should (the letters belong to them! That's evidence) They will soon learn it is okay to expose the truth.

I've been watching this report and the rebuttals and I feel it is just the calm before the storm, you will get to someone, you will hurt the wrong person and they will not tolerate it.  It will be someone tougher and stronger and not worrying one bit about making you pay the consequences. Someone that perhaps is braver than Ms Knight and they will blow the lid off your game.  The cause is great, YOU ARE A DISGRACE!  THIS IS A TRAVESTY!

The people you have hurt do not have a thing against the cause "To Stop Child Abuse"
, it is against you and your unethical dishonest, conniving character.  NOTHING ELSE!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our Testimonials & Recommendations

AUTHOR: Sandra Potter - (United States of America)

Our organization is highly respected and run by a wonderful group of volunteers who care very deeply about our mission: TO PROMOTE CHILD ABUSE AWARENESS.
Education & knowledge is the key to prevention!!! We will not take anymore valuable or precious time away from our victims, survivors, children or members who desperately need our help by responding to such malicious ridicule and slander.

We will focus on our mission while continuing to work with professionalism, etiquette, manor & poise.

I will let DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN's
testimonials & recommendations speak for themselves:

***TESTIMONIALS***

JENNIFER---11/28/2009
As a survivor of child molestation, I would like to thank you for the amazing job you are doing! After I was assaulted I felt so alone, and your web site shows me, and many others, that we are not alone! Keep up the good work! Your story inspires me to stand up for any other child that, like I once was. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.  ~Jennifer L. Jones

IRENE--11/21/2009
I want to thank you for all that you do here on this website. I like you had a child that was sexually abused by a family member.  I never wanted that for either of my children for I, myself am I survivor of sexual abuse. Even after thirteen years of counseling still have certain words, sounds and smells that trigger bad memories. I also have a hard time remembering the good times within my life so now when certain songs play they trigger the good ones. Weird I know but that is how it has worked for me. I did a lot of hurtful things to myself over the years trying to forget that ugly past and now with nearly 6 years of recovery from alcohol and drugs many  years of therapy have become a strong woman. Do not ever beat yourself up for not seeing the signs of what happen to your beautiful daughter because the abusers are very manipulative and threaten their victims. They will offer candy, money, movies and tell their victims this is love. They threaten victims by saying if you tell I will kill myself, you, your mommy, your siblings etc. I know been there and done that.. Heard it all when it was happening to me. My daughter went through hell fighting her abuser and his family with hateful comments, looks and emotional abuse. My daughter was gracious enough to ask for only 25 years for this person for a plea on the condition he never be allowed minors ever again including his new baby. I say this cause if they had gone to court he would have been sent away for 85 years. So stop beating yourself up know that if noone else has said it today I LOVE YOU!   Thanks again, Irene

LISA MARIE---11/20/2009
I Came Across This Page about a week ago. I think what you are doing is the most amazing things. Im nineteen years old and sadly just as all these other children i was abused and molested as a child. I think it is horrible what people can do to there children. I was molested by my babysitter from the ages of 5-9 and my mother never believed me. When my sister left home my father would get drunk and beat on me..He tried to kill me he cut my body up from head to toe..i have over 60 scars from this. I will never forget what i went threw. I will never forget the abuse i went threw and will never forget how my mother never let me do anything about it. I think what your doing is so caring. Children just need somebody sometimes. I had no one but myself. i fought everyday for my life. I hope that one day there will be something that can help all those children. I think what you are doing will help. You are a good person for what you are doing. I wish there where so many more people in the world that cared as much as you do. I wish i would have had someone like you when i was little. Thank you for everything you are doing.. You truely are a hero..God Bless You..

Brittina--11/20/2009
I just had a chance to watch the video on Baby Brianna.  My heart is so broken.  Thank God for Dreamcatchers for abused children.  What you guys do everyday is so amazing.  I can only imagine how many lives you have helped save.  Baby Brianna will live in my heart forever along with all abused children.  Thank you Thank you Thank you for doing everything you do to protect the children!   Much luv and respect---Brittina

MIZ (CW)--Date:10/21/2009
hi there! my name is celina. i just wanted to say that i jus recently saw your profile and was in tears!! i never ever in my life thought that child abuse was gettin so bad. i really appreciate the fact that u took the time to create something to meaningful on ur page. it has opened my eyes and made me realize how severe child abuse is becoming! i dont personally know you but from everything on your profile i would have to say that you truely inspired me to actually take action towards child abuse and fight to stop it. i recently sent an email to everybody i knew with the link to your myspace page and they are spreading it around as well. i must say that the material on your myspace page has really opened up my eyes, including everyone i know. we really just wanted to say that its awesome that you took the time to set up something this beautiful and inspiring! i dont want to sound er.... cheesy i gues? but thank you SOO much, if it wasn't for me viewing your page i would never have had a change of heart. you truely created something beautiful here.

SHAYLYNN--9/11/2009
I really have to thank you for having the courage to show people it can happen to anyone I am seventeen years old and i honestly can't remember my childhood except the beatings my mom would get for trying to take care of me i remember me crying everytime i had to go with a man that hurt me. When i was sick laying in bed at four years old being told to suck it up and take care of myself from a man that hasn't seen me now for 13 years. when i tried to see the other side being reminded by that sound of the beer can cracking open.I have been though alot i was 14 when i got sexually assaulted by one of my friends while the other held me down. i sat there thinking to myself what did i do wrong to deserve this kind of treatment from men, then i realized it wasn't me it was them i just thank god for my mom being there to take care of me all this time on her own. she has been really sick and i just can't imagine loosing her when she has made me who i am . people think it wont happen to them but i know all to well it is more common then a cold at sometimes . you are doing a great thing and i really appericate it cause you are speaking for me when i was to young to have the words. everyone deserves to have a chance to be loved and with out my mom and her support i wouldn't have that, that is what you are giving is support and awareness and i thank you for that. people need to see the truth even when it hurts. Thank You for speaking for the ones who haven't gotten the chance yet and maybe never will. You make a difference. Thank you again, Shaylynn  (Surviving with the love of a good mother)

Donna--Date:Jul 18,2009
Subject: Want to thank, Dreamcatcher for abused Children
You have helped me come out of my shell, when I needed to have someone listen to me . you have been a god sent , you have no clue how you help people everyday. sure what you post is sometimes not happy, but their is nothing happy about children getting abused. if it was happy it would mean there wasn't no more abuse in the world. but that doesn't happen. just want everyone to know you are doing a great job. so keep on posting . I have learned to smile again . since I learned how to open up and tell people what happen to me as a child wasn't easy .but I sure am glad I did I feel 100 % better about me and now I can look in the mirror for the first time and I like who I see. thanks to her.

Nixmary Brown Soldiers--May 21, 2009
Your page is the most important page on myspace. GOD bless you and all of your team. You are amazing. I am here for you. I advocate against child abuse and hold rallies in New York. Additionally, we are trying to pass a nationwide law titled Nixzmary Brown Law Nationwide. Please continue to fight the good fight. Rosey

Midge--Mar 31, 2009
Dreamcatchers is a cause I am committed to because it is keeping me awake and beginning to mobilize me to see my part in the solution to helping our nations children. I stand in strong belief of the Integrity of Dreamcatchers...Nothing will change my mind about the purity of desire behind this work for our nations children.
Midge--Professional Counselor--Pastor of Prayer and Discipleship

Pips--February 22,2009
Well I'm not a mother,but I just wanted to tell you that I think it's amazing what you're doing and reading your profile has opened my eyes to so many things .  My neighbor was arrested for abusing his daughter ... Thanks to YOU, I was able to see the signs and understand her and reported him ..Thank you so much and keep doing a great job!

Andrea--Feb 21, 2009
hello. i wanted to express how much i appreciate ur page & cause. it has honestly made a difference within my life since i myself am a survivor of abuse. in some ways it has actually help me cope which i was unable to do for a few years. i have posted some of the facts i have found on ur page on my page to try help make people aware also.  You have honestly made a difference within my life. Your page pulled me out of a deep depression and educated me. I am now no longer ashamed of being a victim of molestation because you i can now stand strong and say i am no longer a victim I am a survivor. Thank u very much it is people like you who make a difference i know you have made a difference within my life. thank u very much. always, Andrea

Krista--Feb 21, 2009
Hi Sandra, I wanted to tell you that you are truely a blessed and courageous woman...I'm sure you do know that. I found your myspace for abused children as I was looking for pics to put on mine...and WOW! You have inspired me more to do what God wants me to do. Thank you for helping those in need. What a gift you are. I want to help abused children. I've been thinking of fostering and doing fundraisers for shelters. I wanna reach the ones who need help in anyway that I can. Thanks again.

Judy--Feb 21 2009
This site is one of the best use of "Myspace" content I have run across!! Thank you for what you are doing and continue to do for those who cannot speak for themselves!! Take care my friend, Judy

Jen--Feb 13, 2009
Hey! my names jennifer and i just wanted to say i looked at your website and your story was very impacting, i just wanted to say that i hope you daughter is doing ok and that i hope that you can help more people and abused kids. just tell me what i can do to help! and i think that you are a great person for doing what you are doing, and im sure that those millions of kids are so thankful for people like you. Getting things out like this is very important, when i looked at you page i thought oh my gosh could this of really happend to those poor kids. i thought things like that just didnt happen! boy was i wrong! just let me know what i can do to help!!!!

DAVID---Feb 8, 2009
Your myspace was part of a power point in my church. It was veiwed by 78 people/ it made people cry/ it was so powerful we just might show it next sunday/with your blessing of course! THE RESULTS-- 1 guy arrested for touching a kid in the nursery. Children are no longer silent here! Thank you for all you do and GOD bless!

MARISSA--- Jan 30 2009
Honestly I have never read any of your bulletins, because I am a survivor of severe abuse, and I knew what each of the stories you post would say. I lived it, and I was afraid to live it again...But tonight I made up my mind to check out your page. What you do is amazing, no matter what anyone says. I cried for an hour before writing this, because your page rocked me to my core. You are truly an angel, you just have not gotten your wings yet...Please let me know anyway I can help. Please, ask of me, and I will give whatever you need help with my all. You are a saint, and God Bless You! You are truly one of the last few good people left!

JANICE---Dec 31, 2008
We All Have Scars and Pretend We Don't, This is Hard to Look At but Past Time WE Do Something!! God Bless, My Prayer Is For All Who Have Been Abused and I will say this Prayer Every Day, Love Janice

TABBY-CAT---Dec 28, 2008
This page is a blessing for me... i was sexually abused when i was little and my aunt introduced me to this page because i wanted to cut... it let me see that there is other people out there that went through even worse than me... unfortunately. so i wanted to thank you... you kept me from hurting myself once again last night... thanks.

DENEA---Nov 16, 2008
You are a blessing to so many but escpecially those who don't have the resources to fight for their kids or children the think or know are being abused or neglected. so many in my experience don't have a clue about the reality of this problem everyone seems to want to ignore. hopefully after viewing your site and your liked sites they will have a clue and they can no longer ignore it. God bless you, you've given me more hope.

DOLPHINLOVER---Nov 15, 2008
I had a life time of abuse. If I would of seen something like this page in my childhood, I would have told someone and made them believe me. I am healed because the Lord touched my life.

DD---Nov 14, 2008
Thank you for the add. And thank you for being there for the hurting and for me. It mean's alot to me to have someone out there that care's for the hurting and abuse. May God bless you for what you are doing and angel's watch over you at all time's.

RICK---Nov 12, 2008
You have a very eye opening page, Its very well put together, Thank You for caring about the children in need, I fully support your efforts.

EDDIE---Nov 5, 2008
Just stopping by to say Thanks for all you do and keep up the good work, your pages are a wonderful resource and inspiration. Thank you for making a difference!

MARY---Nov 1, 2008
I am so proud to have u as my friends! I am making sure I tell everyone on my space and friends and family I know about your page so they will pass the word and awareness of abused children . People I tell do look on Dreamcatchers and can not look at all of the pictures even though I tell them it will be upsetting but, I want many others to see this is happening to so many little ones not all children are blessed to have love from the beginning from their homes . God bless you! and lets keep protecting the children they need us. I wish Georgia would have a Dreamcatchers Thank you take care

TANKO---Sep 28, 2008
THIS PAGE IS WONDERFUL AND VERY INFORMATIVE. STAY STRONG AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. TANKO

HEATHER---Sep 25, 2008
I looked over your page and I think what you guys are doing is amazing...its something that needs to be put out there, I will share your site to others. if there is anything I can ever do for you...im always here, just comment/message me anytime okay? tc and god bless P.S There is hope much love Heather-

***********************************************************

****Recommendations****

at

8 visible recommendations

for this position:

[ Edit ]

Dreamcatchers For Abused Children is one of the best NonProfits around. I was welcomed into their organization with open arms. The founder of DFAC, Sandra Potter, has been a blessing to work with. She is very professional and puts the charity above everything. Mrs. Potter is defiantly the voice for these children. It has been a pleasure to work with all the volunteers of Dreamcatchers For Abused Children. I hope to continue this journey and help further education on Child Abuse Awareness. Angela Roy Mommy PR LLC www.MommyPR.com Angela@MommyPR.com

December 7, 2009

Angela Roy

, CEO

, Mommy PR

was a consultant or contractor to Dreamcatchers at Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

Dreamcatchers is such a worthwhile cause. CEO and Founder, Sandra Potter works 150% to bring the awareness of child abuse to the public eye. We support Dreamcatchers by having links posted on websites, through blogs and bulletins. The more CD's we can sell the more we can help by making a donation to this very worthwhile cause.

October 4, 2009

Cathy Janisse

, President

, CatJan Productions & Records Inc.

was with another company when working with Dreamcatchers at Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

Sandra Potter, CEO & Founder, Dreamcatchers for Abused Children, is dedicated to spreading the word about the plight of children in abusive situations. She has co-authored Unnecessary Roughness: Till Death Do Us Part, and also, The Child Abuse Survivor Project, and has another book forthcoming. Potter has also placed her website,DreamCatchers, on MySpace, FaceBook in her efforts to help us forcus on the widespread tragedy of child abuse.

September 20, 2009

Carol Smallwood

, author, editor, poet

, Self Employed

worked with Dreamcatchers at Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

Dreamcatchers is a great group of people that work very well together, for a common cause of protecting children from harm, and have the same interest of changing the laws to better protect children from harm, as we do. We can always trust the information that we get from Dreamcatchers as being accurate, and we can always trust them to be there to help when needed. Dreamcatchers is, without a doubt, one of the best groups of people that we of Pedophile Hunters, Inc. have ever worked with, and we're proud to call them our friends and colleagues. -Pedophile Hunters, Inc. Administration

June 9, 2009

Top qualities:

Personable

Expert

High Integrity

Pedophile Hunters Incorperated

hired Dreamcatchers as a

Ally in protecting children from harm, and help in legal reformation.

in 2008

, and hired Dreamcatchers more than once

I became a sponsor for this wonderful nonprofit, Dreamcatchers, who assists physical, sexual and verbal abused children. I applaud Sandra, the founder of Dreamcatchers, for doing so much to help children. It is not common to find supportive parents of abused children. Sandra is supportive and I believe it is because of women like her many other parents, especially mothers, will join the support bandwagon. Thank you, Sandra, for all of your hard work and for advocating for children!

March 27, 2009

LaQuisha Hall

, International Spokesperson & Volunteer Coordinator

, Stop the Silence

I have been drawn to Dreamcatchers for two simple reasons. First of course is the noble cause of educating the public about and therefore helping to prevent child abuse. Second is the incredible amount of work, the quality of the work and magnitude of the reach that has been achieved through the effort of essentially one person; Sandra Potter Founder and President of Dreamcathers for Abused Children. In the last few years with little funding and a lot of sweat and tears, Sandra has reached tens of thousands of people. She is proud of saying that "I am just a mother of five beautiful children on a mission!" Wow, I don't know of anything more powerful than a mother on a mission. Just think what she could do with some funding. Getting her that funding is my mission! Gary Berthelson President Market$hare Unlimited Simi Valley, CA

March 26, 2009

Gary Berthelson (TopLinked) (LION 1600+)

, President-Owner

, Market$hare Unlimited

worked directly with Dreamcatchers at Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

This is one of the most worthiest and needed companies in the world! We should support, endorse and sponsor them with our lives... They care for our kids - that has my undying devotion and support!

February 16, 2009

Claudia duPreez

, Founder

, Dreamcatcher Marketing

Dreamcatcher's

An organization devoted to reform of Abused Children. It is time to rally together and be part of the solution!

February 14, 2009

Kurt Kelly

, Founder

, Live Video Inc

FAKE FBI INVESTIGATION BLOG

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

For those people with blinders this is the one part in the blog Dream Catchers refers to that is horrific and absolutely true.  This Organization needs to be run by someone else, especially because of this treatment to an innocent volunteer.  People wake up! Sandra Potter HERSELF CLAIMED IN HER REBUTTAL THAT THIS BLOG IS ABOUT HER ORGANIZATION.

The children need to be saved, ABSOLUTELY, but this woman needs to be stopped. SHANNON REPORT HER ALREADY! HOW COULD YOU WRITE A BLOG  ON YOUR PAGE AND FEEL LIKE PROTECTING HER.  SHE ALREADY CLAIMS YOU HAD THEIR NAME ON IT ORIGINALLY, SO PUT IT BACK.  LET EVERYONE KNOW SANDRA POTTER DID THIS TO YOU?  IT'S AWFUL!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM THE BLOG REFERRED TO BY SANDRA POTTER FROM THEIR FORMER VP SHANNON KNIGHT.

Here is a copy of the incident; that happened on July 22nd.  It is absolutely necessary for people to be informed of the deceitfulness these two are capable of.   It is in it's authentic form except for personal information. XYZ is for business names. John and Jane for anonymity. The entire letter was twisted and deceitful which you will find out when you get to the end.
Anyone that reads these letters she wrote me and thinks they are a fabrication on my part.  Ask yourself this one question, "Why would Shannon make up such a story about a woman with such a great cause?  Who would do this to an organization that is trying to end child abuse?  It's not about the cause, it's because I feel if I don't tell the truth, someone else might have to go through this. No improvements will be made, nothing will change and no one will hold her accountable. So if I can help even one person, than it will not have been a waste.  This blog is the only way.  I pray some people will believe me and be grateful I had the courage to write it down. However ideal this would be, I am still a realist and I know exposing the ugly truth about an organization for abused children will seem heartless.  Those who knew when I got this letter were very worried about me and warned me; I did not listen.  Including my 20 year old daughter.  I forgave this woman and her husband (no apology from them) for what they did to me, turned my head the other way and forged ahead because of the cause. It was because of the passion I had for what the organization represented; ending child abuse.

Here is her letter to me with my response...

FALSE FBI BACKGROUND CORRESPONDENCE BELOW.

To: Shannon Knight
Subject: QUESTION

Hello Shannon,
I see you've been very busy with preparing to move--congratulations!!!! I hope all goes well for you. I have a question for you. I told you that "XYZ" is being investigated by the FBI due to fraud charges. They have contacted me because they needed information regarding my contact history with them. They asked for my organization's information & the names of my board members which I supplied them with. They contacted me again today to tell me that "Shannon Knight" is actually "Jennifer Shannon Knight" and wanted to know if I was aware of this. Well, needless to say, I was extremely surprised.

They then went on to give me the following information:
MySpace profiles:
They also told me that your address's land-line phone is listed to a: JOHN DOE
Could you please fill me in on what's going on????????
Last I remember, you told me you were single.
Why would you tell me your name was Shannon, when it's actually Jennifer?
Also I understood your sister, JANE DOE, worked for JOHN DOE (http://www.*******.******* ),
but she is not mentioned on his myspace and you are. SHE works for him and you don't, but you are in his top friends?
I guess I'm a little confused......Please let me know what is going on, okay? I was very embarrassed when the FBI gave me this info and I couldn't explain anything to them. I need ALL of my board members to be upfront & honest with me. I do NOT want the FBI to think we are scandalous like XYZ!!!
Subject: RE: QUESTION
You need to please call me and spend time on the phone with me. This has me upset and I need you to respect me enough to call me ASAP. I'm am very serious. this is not OK with me. I need your time and I deserve it.
Shannon
------------------ Original Message -----------------
Subject: RE: QUESTION

I'll answer questions in a short form because I'm busy tagging for garage sale :)
Shannon Jennifer Knight (Full name)
Social security number PLEASE give to FBI if you need to ***-**-****
JOHN DOE and Shannon Knight are on the same lease of a 3 bedroom apartment I AM SINGLE. I have been for 2 years.

JANE DOE she is my sister and has never worked for or even met JOHN DOE and I am a personal friend of his, he is very dear to me and vice verse. (I never worked for him either)

Who is this FBI agent and why was I not informed about this ahead of time out of courtesy, the same courtesy I would afford you or anyone else.
How would you feel? Every job I ever needed a background check for informed me ahead of time of a background check.
(I have 27 family members on my Facebook to vouch for my existence and integrity. I am not sure what you are checking for?

Sincerely
~Shannon
To: Shannon Knight
Subject: RE: QUESTION

I believe you are who you say you are....I was just confused about the two different first names.
I did NOT know the FBI was looking into my organization as well. They are doing a thorough investigation regarding everyone who was ever in contact with XYZ. (I'm sure to rule out the possibility of us being involved with their scam---which, of course we have NEVER jeopardized our name or organization.)
So, what is the profile on MySpace with "Jennifer & JOHN DOE" with all of your photos on it? I see it's still active & it's been updated---I'm just curious?
Believe me, Shannon---If I had known they were looking into EVERYONE, I would have said something!!! I had no idea.
None of this is a big deal...I just wanted to ask you about it since it was brought to my attention.
------------------ Original Message -----------------
Dear CEO,
I appreciate you being forthcoming with information regarding the fact that you gave permission for the FBI to run a background check on me. However, I must tell you, I feel completely violated especially since I am a volunteer servant and I did not give permission for anyone to investigate me. I am not a criminal.

At the risk of having to surrender my position as Associate Director/Program Supervisor I believe it is my civil right to seek legal council so that I may learn for myself whether my privacy has been violated.

Yours Truly
~Shannon Jennifer Knight
T
o: Shannon Knight
Jul 22, 2009
Shannon,
There was NO background check performed!!
I have already told you that.
The person that found your profile page was not an FBI agent.
It was my HUSBAND.
He found your "Jennifer & JOHN DOE" profile simply by searching on MySpace using your old email address: XXXXXXXXX

I just didn't want you thinking we were "spying" on you because we weren't. After XYZ contacted me about XYZ we decided to look a little closer @ our board members. That is when he found your other profile....and, that is when I decided to ask you who "Jennifer" was.

I do not need your social security number.
I do not need to perform a background check.
You explained everything to me & I am not questioning you ever again about it....End of story.

I apologize if you are upset about this, but I was upset about not knowing what your name really was---until you explained it to me.
Yes, you are a volunteer--but, you are also representing MY organization & I have EVERY right to know who is on my board.
As far as I'm concerned, this subject is closed.

CEO,
I also would like to retract the permission I gave you to give my social security number to the FBI. I did nothing wrong and unless you need it for payroll purposes, there is no need for you or anyone to have it.

Shannon J Knight

BLOG LINK COPY AND PASTE!

Known Founder of Dreamcatchers from the beginning

AUTHOR: MMiller - (United States of America)

I have known Sandra, the CEO and Founder of Dreamcatchers for at least 2 years. Shortly after she founded Dreamcatchers for Abused Children I came aboard to help raise awareness with her and have donated money that I made from selling my dreamcatchers. I know for a fact that money she has recieved as donations goes towards a good cause. She has had flyers and brochures made to help spread the word on signs and symptoms and who to contact if you are a victim. And I also know that this is not the first time that someone has tried to jepordize this Non-Profit Organization.

Also as a member, if you are wanting information, to know where the money is going, or how much has been donated, the easy way to get it, is just to ask. If there are any doubts, just ask. Instead of trying to hurt an organization that ONE person started because she wanted to Stop the hurt and pain that hit her family, from reaching others! Sandra has spent so much of her time and her money and found many of her own resources to make this a Non-Profit Organiztion, I dont see how anyone could find any wrong doing in this matter.

In my opinion it is a shame that there are people out there that would rather hurt an organization that is trying to help our children. When will people realize that children and teens need someone to reach out to them, to hear there cries and pleas for help, even the silent ones!? That is all that Sandra has been guilty of, is trying to reach out and give hope to so many young people! Even older people that have been victims at one time or another have come out to share there stories, stories that have been with them for years, and have given others the hope that they too can survive such tragedies.

#21: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

#21... I too read the blogs of the EX-VP. I personally read the statements she made about those people. Those blogs have been changed more times than I can count. I have proof to back up my statement! The changes are endless and daily.

It has only been in the last few days she removed the name "Dreamcatchers" from her blogs. I have proof these blogs have been changed several times. Do you have proof they haven't been changed?

You know nothing about this woman's dismissal or why she was voted off the board in the first place. I can honestly say when you are working with children you can't have secrets.

#21: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

#21... I too read the blogs of the Ex-VP. I personally read the statements she made about these people. Those blogs has been changed more times than I can count. I have proof to back up my statement! The changes are endless and daily!

It has only been within the last few days she removed the name "Dreamcatchers" from her blogs.  I have proof this blog has been changed several times. Do you have proof it hasn't been changed?

You know nothing about this woman's dismissal or why these people voted her off the board in the first place. I can honestly say when you are working with children you can't have secrets. You must be upfront and honest at all times!

#15 should get their facts in order

HERE IS THE "SANDRA POTTER" THAT YOU POSTED ABOUT:

I DON'T THINK SHE LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE THE DREAMCATCHERS SANDRA!
All her info matches what you dug up....
I am sure she will be happy to know you are publicly bashing her.
Try to get your facts straight before posting them.

For Commenter #21 its one thing to be concerned, its another to go around and slander and bash this organization as much as this person has. If it would have only been a blog post, it would have been one thing. But this has continued to many many sites, and tons of unwanted emails to people who dont want involved. The ex VP has tried to Force their opinions on others and its uncalled for and needs to end.

#10 General Comment

FOUND THE BLOG FROM VP

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

I received an email from a myspace friend, to put in a good word for Dream Catchers For Abused Children at this "Rip Off Report" site.  I read the report & rebuttals, got half way through the comments and had to stop.  Dream Catchers refers to a blog by the ex VP and I had to read it start to finish before commenting. I'm glad I did.  Everyone should.

Rebuttals to the rip off report are claiming, the VOLUNTEER VP was disgruntled, slandering, and maliciously lying? Are you kidding me,  I read the blog, Dream Catchers is not even mentioned  in it.  The ex VP seems genuinely concerned about volunteers in her blog and not having their rights violated.  She took a stand.

Thank you to M.S.F. for sending this link to me in a group email.  I'm sorry I couldn't do as you requested and put in a good word for Dream Catchers.

I doubt the ex VP wrote the original & anonymous rip off report, even though the report covers stated facts from her blog, of what happened to her and volunteers. Many people have read it, anyone could have written the rip off report that cares. Dream Catchers is only assuming who did.  Anonymous means anonymous.

Here's the blog referred to by Dream Catchers for Abused Children's former VP

Speaking up Finally...

I gave careful thought and consideration before posting this blog. It took soul searching, self introspection, prayer and most of all deep consideration and concern for the former volunteers that all endured grief from this one woman, the CEO/Founder of a non profit child abuse organization.

Anytime someone attempts to expose the truth, injustice, or harm done to them, with the single goal to inform others so they will be spared from going through the same experience, it poses a great risk of being ridiculed, scrutinized, intimidated or harassed. It takes courage to make the decision to do this in spite of all I might have to face, to expose the truth. One thing I know, is you stand firm on the truth and NEVER compromise that. I knew the repercussions that would fall upon me before I sat down at my keyboard and hit the first key. It took me nearly a month to research what our civil rights as volunteers are, before deciding to write my story.

Blog Continued here at link below...

#15,Slander & Malicious LIES by EX Volunteer

AUTHOR: Elizabeth Brawley - (United States of America)

First, Where someone does their work from does not matter to those who are greatly helped by the organization. Home Offices are where Many do there work from these days.

Secondly, ALL are welcome to view the financial reports on the website.

Next, you state "I checked this Sandra Potter out." Well allow me to share something with YOU. YOU have the wrong Sandra Potter and therefore have posted INCORRECT and FALSE information about the Founder and CEO of a most Wonderful organization that has already helped numerous children of abuse.

"If Sandra Potter and Philip Potter are unemployed"

Let's see...Raising children, and Raising Awareness...Founder & CEO of an Organization that helps save children's lives and educate the public on child abuse prevention bringing awareness to the forefront praying one day to eradicate child abuse for good.

"By the way, received a document from a former board member about "Founder's Sundrome...?" I think what is going on here is far worse than anything called Founder's Syndrome (where the Founder refuses to delegate to board members and micfromanages the board members not allowing them to vote or even discuss matters as a board."

You received the document from a FORMER Board Member. That speaks volumes in itself. Were YOU even a Board Member yourself??? How would YOU know what occurs on the Board of Directors??? You also state you think you know what is going on. WHERE is YOUR EVIDENCE?

"There has never been a vote for anything that I can recall and I am quite sure she is lying. Why would the board support her in these lies?

Let's see, the Reason You are unable to recall anything regarding the BOARD is because YOU were Likely NEVER a Board Member therefore YOU REALLY SHOULD BE CAUTIOUS of What YOU post...

"

That website...is just a website."

THAT WEBSITE IS SO MUCH MORE THAN A WEBSITE. It is a place for people to go and get information, resources. It is updated DAILY. sO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN AIDED BY THE RESOURCES POSTED AND SO MANNY EYES AND HEARTS OPENED TO THE ABUSE THAT IS OUT THERE. I, personally can attest to the kindness of those I work alongside as the Volunteers we all are. We are all here fro the same reason and that is to help the children.

I cannot understand your vengeful, hateful and spiteful attitude. I truly does nothing positive for you.

As far as meeting Sandra,

Why did you not ask here for a meeting. I am sure she would have happily met you somewhere. I have spoke with her countless times on the phone, via email, and in chats.

I am BLESSED as are ALL those who have been helped and those who will be helped by the wonderful people with Dreamcatchers For Abused Children

Thank You ALL for your support we greatly appreciate you.......

What about the children?

AUTHOR: Donna Kshir - (USA)

This situation is getting completely out of hand. When I got involved with Dreamcatchers for Abused Children it was for one reason and one reason only, TO HELP CHILDREN! I have been a part of Dreamcatchers since July 2008 and I am happy and proud to be a part of it today. During this time I have seen many people come and go. Some of those people I hated to lose and others I couldn't wait to see leave. But thru it all, I have never seen anyone so angry and upset to be dismissed, as in this situation.

Many people enter this organization pumped and ready to change and take on the world, but something always seems to claim their spirits. What I will never understand is when did it go from helping kids to arguing, bickering and slandering people and their reputations? And why? What good can or will come out of it? How is this helping kids?

This year alone Dreamcatchers has helped over 150 victims and survivors. Those people didn't care where we operated from or who had a job and who didn't. All they cared about was someone being there to help them and their child in their time of need. I know not one person I provided resources to or counseled asked or cared if I had a job, where I operated from, how many books I sold or where the money from my private book sales went. That was my private business. All theses people in need cared about was getting the help they so desperately needed to begin their road to recovery. Isn't that what's important? Children getting the help they need and recovering from abuse.

That's what Dreamcatchers for Abused Children is all about; helping others in need, not seeing who can dig up the most dirt, who can play the dirtiest and who can go the lowest. I am shocked anyone would take this situation and run with it as they have. We are all adults and human. We all make mistakes, but it's time to move on and get back to what's important... the children. Not once in all of this have I heard anything about the children... and in my opinion that's sad!

If anyone wants to know "where the proceeds go?" As I stated before, I welcome and I suggest you visit www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com and read our financial reports. They are posted online for the world to see.

As for the statement Sandra has "borderline personality disorder" and is a "supervisor of a community mental health crisis intervention services program." You do not know the Sandra Potter of Dreamcatchers for Abused Children I know personally!

Do you know just how many Sandra Potter's there are? and how many results come up when you google the name Sandra Potter? 7, 070,000 results for Sandra Potter! I know for a fact, I googled her today.

I can safely say the author of that rebuttal who claims Sandra has "borderline personality disorder" and is a "supervisor of a community mental health crisis intervention services program" does not know the Sandra Potter I know! I know Sandra Potter on a personal level. I have been in her company and presents many times, and not just on the telephone as it has been stated.

Sandra is one of the nicest, kindest, most caring people I have ever met. Dreamcatchers is her life. I can safely say the Sandra Potter I know does not have a bachelors or masters degree, and she has never been diagnosed with a mental condition or being bi-polar.

How sad is it to google or bing someone's name and post false information on a public website out of spite, anger or to get revenge when you are not even sure if it is the person you are trying to identify. As for the Rip Off Report, one would think your website would want to post facts, not malicious rumors, gossip or slander.

FYI: On Sunday nights at 7 p.m. EST we hold weekly board meetings. It is optional, but only for board members. Regional and State directors are not board members and they do not take part in meetings. This is a fact because I take part every Sunday night! I have for the last five months, only missing one meeting due to illness. We can not meet face to face because we are spread out around the country and we have other commitments.

Do you really think for one second these little kids that are being beaten, tortured and raped care if any of us has a job, where we work from, how many books we sells or if someone has founders syndrome. NO! All they care about is getting the help they so desperately need to start their road to recovery!!! It's that what's important? and that is what these people are missing! Helping children in their time of need!

This is a great organization, ran by a wonderful woman and a group of individuals with one goal in mind... helping innocent children! One I am thrilled and proud to be a part of!

President- Dreamcatchers for Abused Children

#15 is the dumbest comment ever

AUTHOR: MPR - (United States of America)

"where she operates from (her couch...?)"

Do you need an office to save children???

"where the proceeds go"

Thats what the financial reports are for.. go read them.

"Anyone who admits they suffer from borderline personality disorder,..."

Do you understand how many Sandra Potters there are? Plus it says shes a "Supervisor of a community mental health crisis intervention services program". That is not the Dreamcatchers Founder.

"If Sandra Potter and Philip Potter are unemployed,..."

Do you have proof? And why do you care..the economy sucks!? Do you need a job to save children?

"Good Luck all of you who are still working for her. I am glas she fired all me for I never would have bothered to check her out."

1st- Thank you  2nd- I am now too.

Mrs Potter does meet with board members every Sunday and the meetings are optional. We can not meet with her personally because we have thousands of people all over the world. However if you remember we do have fundraisers and im pretty sure the hundreds that showed up would vouch shes a real person who runs a wonderful non profit. If you wanted to meet her so bad why not ask her to meet up somewhere?

"That website...is just a website. There is no actual building."
Not sure how to respond to that at all. I thought it clearly had a purpose. You have to post these child abuse cases so ppl will open there eyes and understand this crap goes on in the world.

You know, all you negative ppl.. what would you tell the children we helped this year? That is was all fake? Do you really think these kids care if shes is unemployed, or has founders syndrome, or has freakin cooties???? Why not just do this for the children, why does it have to be about who runs this organization. So long as we do our roles, we will create change.
I have seen nothing but good in this Organization. I am thrilled to be a part of it.

For the person who files this report- Beware Beware..Karmas a B****!!

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bipolar disorder --- SLANDER

To Voices of Recovery---

I do not know where you got your information from, but I have NEVER, EVER in my entire life been diagnosed with ANY mental disorder.

* I do NOT have bipolar disorder
* I have NEVER been diagnosed with bipolar disorder
* I have NEVER been diagnosed with ANY mental disorder
* I have NEVER joined any forum and/or group on "Bing"

There are MILLIONS of people in the world with the name: Sandra Potter
I suggest you check your facts before publicly posting such slander & libel!

Sandra Potter
DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN

Verification

AUTHOR: Terry - (United States of America)

You know,
             This is just about the dumbest thing I've heard of in a long time. A disgruntled former volunteer\employee, is going to file a slanderous report without offering any proof whatsoever. If she does have any, where is it? This comment below? Sandra doesn't hide this at all, as a matter of fact she will tell anyone. She is a survivor of one of the most horrible things that can happen to a child. What would you expect? Just because this person got their feelings hurt, they are now going to slander this organization, it's founders, and probably anyone who supports them. How stupid is that. Something else, in this day and time in the world in which we live, any organization that does NOT do a background check on it's volunteers or employees, is just asking for trouble. I very highly commend Sandra for doing so. By the way, as an employer you don't have to have authorization to run a background check.

(*General Comment... Dreamcatchers for Abused Children Founder Sandra Potter hides the fact theh she has Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Polysubstance Abuserecover)

#16 General Comment

AUTHOR: voiceforrecovery - (United States of America)

I recommend that anyone who is considering donating money to this organization or take a real hard look at who Sandra Potter is, where she operates from (her couch...?) and where the proceeds go.

I checked this Sandra Potter out. Was anyone aware she is an admitted mental health/substance abuse recovery patient? I searched from Bing. (Search: Sandra Potter Recovery Month 2009)

Anyone who admits they suffer from borderline personality disorder,  bipolar disorder or polysubstance abuse disorder and then goes on to admit there are  she received while in treatment is going to have some minor or major people skill problems. Should we fault her for that? Maybe not. Can we trust her? Does  she really have a bachelors and masters degree in counseling? Has anyone bothered to check?  She has been caught in lies by all of us who were fired but why haven't those who donate checked this out. They can't be fired, but will at least be able to pull back on funds. Maybe she has recovered, but my guess is that she has tendencies that are now revealing themselves and are rather  consistent with the mental illnesses that she herself admits.

This is a huge red flag.

If Sandra Potter and Philip Potter are unemployed, it becomes much more difficult for me to imagine that she has a masters degree in counseling. I would ask for proof.

Good Luck all of you who are still working for her. I am glas she fired all me for I never would have bothered to check her out.  By the way,  received a document from a former board member about "Founder's Sundrome...?" I think what is going on here is far worse than anything called Founder's Syndrome (where the Founder refuses to delegate to board members and micfromanages the board members not allowing them to vote or even discuss matters as a board. She There has never been a vote for anything that I can recall and I am quite sure she is lying. Why would the board support her in these lies?

That website...is just a website. There is no actual building. She has never met any of us who worked for her. She talks to us on the phone and that is it. Yes, even the board members have never met thsi Sandra Potter. BEWARE BEWARE.

Our Prayers Are With You...

AUTHOR: Liana Preble - (United States of America)

It is very sad when things like this happen and that people who have become excluded or asked to step down turn towards harsh feelings of rejection.

My name is Liana P Founder of (((Redacted))) Sandra has stood by us from our birth in 2006. I have yet to meet a person like Sandra who has put all of her faith and devotion on the line to stand for a cause that, although many organizations claim to "end child abuse" Dreamcatchers is an organization that reaches out to the broken we service to and provides them with facts. Cold hard facts of what child abuse looks like. We have been able to "wake up" many moms who were harming their children just based on Sandra and her teams support for the overall mission of helping effectively end child abuse. And that results in safer households for innocent children.

I am praying for the young lady who has filed this claim. I understand how she may be feeling and how once we start out on a path of hurting those who we may feel have hurt us ...we end up weaving a web too tight. I pray for her that she will reach deep inside herself and find the mission inside of her that God has given her, as surely it is not to destroy a fellow woman's mission. I have been let go of places, it stung it hurt... but you never know what blessing the Lord is setting up for you when you are let go from somewhere. It is never too late to just stop and take a new path.

In closing, I am not surprised by this situation. As agents of social change we are expected to come up against situations as such. I consider it a blessing though that you are under this trial and I pray for the protection of all involved. The world needs Dreamcatchers, I know I need them and the millions of women we provide outreach to do as well.

Be Well With Love,

Liana P
Founder & CEO
Broken Moms Victorious
(((Redacted)))

Proud to be Affiliated with Dreamcatchers

AUTHOR: Cathy - (Canada)

When I saw and reviewed this malicious report against DreamCatchers for Abused Children I was appalled and upset that there are such ruthless people out there.

I am the President and owner of CatJan Productions and Records Inc. which were formed to help get our daughter, Allison Janisse into the entertainment industry. Allison was thrilled and honored to be asked to be on the Board of Directors as an Advocate for the Organization. She is donating monies from the sale of her CDs to this cause and is very proud to do so. The banners for Dreamcatchers are posted on all of her websites and we are constantly directing people to this great cause.

Dreamcatchers reaches out to those in need and has brought out the awareness of this worldwide epidemic. We are all very proud and blessed to be a part of it.

The allegations made by this disgruntled ex-employee are uncalled for. Dreamcatchers is a non-profit organization and have made great headway in the short time that it has been formed. A lot of time and hard work goes into organizations of this nature. They all work tirelessly to bring peoples awareness to what is happening to a lot of defenseless children who need the help of others to survive.

Dreamcatchers welcome ANYONE to visit any of their websites, view testimonials, financial reports (it is all posted), achievements, sponsors and other information pertaining to their official non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization at: www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com

#19 General Comment

invalid, malicious report

AUTHOR: Doug - (U.S.A.)

rip off report should not have been posted to- this is one of the times they should have investigated  whatwas being stated.thataside, i am a child abuse survivor.without organizationsthat care and the people who give of their time to see that they are administered properly not as many of us would make it through.dreamcatchers is one of the bestfor helping the plight of children who are still trying to live to adulthood. the author of this report should have been beaten.she's a nasty conniving thief of citizens compassion and beliefs.

Disgruntled 'Ex' Board Member...

AUTHOR: Roger - (United States of America)

The allegations made by this woman is totally and completely absurd.  Donna Kshir, Sandra Potter, Philip Potter and the all wonderful Dreamcatchers for Abused Children volunteers are all highly respected men and women of their field. They unselfishly dedicate their time, energy and selves to educate the public and help people affected by child abuse.

#21 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dreamcatcher For Abused Children Is A NEEDED Organization

AUTHOR: Jordasche Bledsoe - (United States of America)

My name is Jordasche Bledsoe and I was formerly CA State Director for this organization. I resigned on my own simply because I hadn't dealt with my own child abuse issues and didn't realize throwing myself into such an organization would make my situation worse until I learned to deal with things. While I did work under Sandra's direction none of the things mentioned above were a problem or issue. Sandra never told me I was being investigated by the FBI nor would I and she was also extremely willing to show any documents asked for. Sandra and her husband and crew spend endless hours on this organization and all any of them want is to see children being taken care of, loved, and put in a position where they can succeed in life. I myself am in a better mental position today, opposed to a year ago, because of Sandra Potter, due to her kindness, genuine care, and support. Its wrong and shameful of this disgruntled employee who doesn't even have the balls to put her real name to try and trash this organization because its one that really does care.

Cant Be A Rip-off When Its Non Profit

AUTHOR: MPR - (United States of America)

I am just going to state (my) facts because this has gotten out of hand.

- This needs to be over already!!!
- Ex Employee/Volunteer who is obviously upset she was let go
- I have received many emails from Sandra and Donna on Costs and where the funds are used.
- The logo has full rights and you can see that on DFAC website. (www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com)
- No one has ever been at risk of lawsuit.
- No one ever has used scare tactics in my opinion. Ex Employee/Volunteer received a letter of dismissal and has never stopped harassing all members of the organization.
- Ex Volunteer had family email everyone on board several times. In one night i recieved over 10 emails about this issue from herself and family/friends. Talk about slander? Please tell everyone about "Founders Syndrome".
- Personally asked Ex Volunteer to kindly remove me from her mailing list, next day i received 3 more after being told i would.
-Board meetings are held every Sunday via live Phone conference. Its optional.
-If she was worried about reputation she should not be PUBLICLY putting her story/ information everywhere on the web (hence rip off report, myspace,emails)
- Its a Non Profit, why not ask for a receipt for her time and duties when she was relieved if its that big of a deal to her to post all this malicious content.

Not sure why she would file this on Rip-Off Report since there is no pay. Its a NON PROFIT.  501(c)3 to be exact.
By The way, we just sent 100 Bears to children for the holidays. I hope everyone will see that we are here for the children, not for self pity.

#23 General Comment

AN ABUSED CHILD SURVIVORS CLAIM

AUTHOR: POETIC WARREN - (United States of America)

"AS A CHILD ABUSE SURVIVOR FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO BE MEMBER OF DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN I CAN'T JUST STAND BY BECAUSE OF WHAT I HAVE TO SAY; THIS MALICIOUS REPORT SUBMITTED BY OUR EX BOARD MEMBER CAN'T BE BELIEVED AND SHOULD BE JUST THROWN AWAY; FORE IF SHE WERE IN A TRUE CARING AND LOVING VOLUNTEER AS SHE CLAIMED TO BE; SHE WOULD BE GIVING TESTIMONY OF  OUR SITES BLESSINGS GIVEN TO OTHERS AND ME; EVERYTHING ABOUT DREAMCATCHERS HAS BEEN ONLY AN ESCAPE AND HELP FROM OUR ABUSES AND IN SETTING US FREE; ITS A SHAME THEY TRY TO BLACKEN THE LIGHT UPON VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN THAT DREAMCATCHERS SITE DOES SHED; THE SITE IS TRULY A BLESSING THAT OPENS SO MANY EYES AND BRINGS WE VICTIMS BACK FROM THE DEAD; SO INSTEAD OF PUTTING OUT FALSE CLAIMS OF ITS DOINGS YOU SHOULD PRAISE DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN AND JOIN ITS CAUSE INSTEAD"
WARREN KEITH VAN GAASBECK
SURVIVOR AND MEMBER OF DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN

I stand behind Dreamcatchers for Abused Children 100%

AUTHOR: Stacey - (United States of America)

This organization does a lot to bring the issue of child abuse to light. For someone to accuse these people of such things is absurd. This woman is obviously mad about being let go. Trying to smear the name of these people that give so much time and effort to this issue, child abuse, so she can get some revenge. This woman needs to grow up and Im glad she has been let go because she has proven what kind of person she really is.

Angry Ex-Board Member & Volunteer

AUTHOR: Elizabeth Brawley - (United States of America)

I am the Southern Regional Director with Dreamcatchers whose mission is to educate the public on child abuse signs/symptoms, statistics, intervention, reporting, prevention & to assist victims & survivors in locating the proper resources to help achieve a full recovery.

The Malicious report was written by an Ex-Board member and volunteer who was dismissed on 4NOV2009 after the Organization followed their proper procedures.

This person has also written blogs with remarks to the same. She has also stated she will see to it that this organization's 501(c)3 revoked, has threatened lawsuits and/or legal action, posted a public blog which slanders Dreamcatchers and harassed board members.

I personally, have received Multiple, Unsolicited Emails from this disgruntled Ex-board member & volunteer after her dismissal containing degrading and slanderous remarks about.

Dreamcatchers is one of great Positivity reaching out to those in need. I am Proud and Blessed to be a part of their "Giving Circle."  Many people have already been helped through this Organization and I am currently getting ready to help make Christmas brighter for many through Dreamcatchers due to the generosity of the multitudes who support us.

Respectfully,

Angry Ex-Board Member & Volunteer

AUTHOR: Elizabeth Brawley - (United States of America)

I personally, have received Multiple, Unsolicited Emails from this disgruntled Ex-board member & volunteer after her dismissal containing degrading and slanderous remarks about Dreamacatchers.

Dreamcatchers is one of great Positivity reaching out to those in need. I am Proud and Blessed to be a part of their "Giving Circle."  Many people have already been helped through this Organization and I am currently getting ready to help make Christmas brighter for many through Dreamcatchers due to the generosiy of the multitudes who support us.

Respectfully,

Disgruntled Ex-Board Member...

AUTHOR: Donna Kshir - (United States of America)

My name is Donna Kshir and I am the president of Dreamcatchers for Abused Children, which is a worldwide non-profit 501(c)3 child abuse organization dedicated to child abuse awareness, neglect and education. Our mission is to educate society on child abuse the signs, symptoms, statistics, intervention, reporting and prevention, as well as assisting victims and survivors in locating the proper resources to help achieve and enable a full recovery. We have many testimonials of our work and a positive reputation, with over 30,000+ active members.

In my opinion, the information provided in this Ripoff Report is from and "EX Board Member" who was dismissed on November 4, 2009 after the Board of Directors voted for her dismissal. This individual is no more than a disgruntled ex-volunteer who is upset because she was dismissed and whom is trying to ruin the reputation of myself, Sandra Potter, Philip Potter and this non-profit organization.

She has posted several public "untruthful" blogs about me, Sandra, Philip and our organization. She has sent many unsolicited emails to me, my fellow board members and members of our websites.

- NO background checks has ever been performed.

"Scare Tactics" are NEVER performed on ANY volunteer.

- The Board of Directors DOES hold weekly board meetings via conference calls. The minutes have been and are documented by the CEO & Founder Sandra Potter.

- Currently we have volunteer regional directors, but they are NOT board members.

- We DO have financial reports which document how ALL donations have been allocated and applied towards our mission. This information IS POSTED PUBLICLY on our websites.

- I have wrote, published books and been an established author since April 2007. Sandra Potter and I have co-wrote and published books together, but my/our books are a SEPARATE business from the non-profit organization!!!

- On November 4, 2009 our board members DID vote in favor for this individual to be dismissed from the Board of Directors. The ONLY members notified via email of this individual's dismissal was our current board members; whom had a right to know of her dismissal.

- During THREE different conference calls our board members DID discuss her dismissal, prior to the decision to vote and her dismissal was put into place. This information is WELL documented.

- Our organization DOES have written permission from the photographer to use our current logo.

I welcome ANYONE to visit any of our websites, view our testimonials, financial reports, achievements, sponsors and other information pertaining to our official non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization at:  www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com

President- Dreamcatchers for Abused Children
donna@dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com

#28 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Report was Written by a Spiteful, Disgruntled Ex-Board Member.....

AUTHOR: Sandra Potter - (United States of America)

I am the CEO & Founder of DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN which is a nationwide non-profit 501(c)3 child abuse organization dedicated to child abuse awareness & education.  We currently have over 30,000 active members and many, many testimonials to back up our positive reputation.  Our mission is to educate the public on child abuse signs/symptoms, statistics, intervention, reporting, prevention & to assist victims & survivors in locating the proper resources to help achieve a full recovery.

The author of this malicious Ripoff Report is an "EX" board member who was dismissed on November 4, 2009 after the board voted in favor of her dismissal. This individual is a disgruntled ex-volunteer who is upset because she was dismissed and has vowed to try to ruin our non-profit organization's reputation. She has posted public slanderous blogs about our organization, harassed our board members and sent many unsolicited emails to my immediate family, board members and members of my websites.

*********************************

We did NOT perform a background check on this individual.

We do NOT perform "scare tactics" on our volunteers.

Our board DOES hold weekly board meeting via conference calls & I have those minutes documented. We have volunteer regional directors, but they are NOT board members.

We DO have financial reports which document how ALL donations have been allocated & applied towards our mission. These are posted publicly on our websites.

Donna Kshir & I have co-written books together, but our books are a SEPARATE business from the non-profit organization and always has been.

Our board members DID vote in favor for this individual to be dismissed and the ONLY members notified via email were the other current board members.

Our board members DID discuss her dismissal during THREE conference calls prior to the decision to vote & dismiss her and this is documented.

Our organization DOES have full written permission to use our current logo.

*********************************

I welcome anyone to visit our website and see our testimonials, financial reports, achievements, sponsors or further information pertaining to our official organization at:  www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com

Sandra Potter
(810) 275-0755

Disgruntled 'Ex' Board Member...

AUTHOR: PhilPotter - (United States of America)

The individual that filed this malicious report is a disgruntled "ex" board member who is upset that she was dismissed from her position. She was dismissed following proper procedure of 2/3 of the board voting in FAVOR of her dismissal. I have PROOF of this decision & the voting that applied and would be happy to provide it to anyone with questions.

This same individual has vowed to try to get this organization's 501(c)3 revoked, has threatened lawsuits and/or legal action, has harassed all members of the board and posted a public blog which slanders Dreamcatchers.

All board members and regional directors are volunteers.  Anyone who has ever been dismissed in the past was done so using proper voting procedure with majority rule.

Sandra Potter & Donna Kshir have co-authored 4 books together, but their books are a SEPARATE entity/business from the non-profit organization.

Dreamcatchers for Abused Children DOES have written permission to use their logo.

If anyone would like to see Financial Reports and/or how all donations have been applied towards this non-profit 501(c)3 organization, please feel free to do so at their website: www.dreamcatchersforabusedchildren.com

If anyone should have any questions, please feel free to contact the organization directly at: (810) 275-0755

Philip Potter
Co-Founder

Donna Kshir

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Dreamcatchers CEO Founder Sandra Potter and President, Donna Kshir (spelled wrong in original report) this update has correct spelling.  They have not reported to Board of Directors how much money is made from book sales and where the donation from sales is being applied.