One of my females just turned 4 in January. My other one turns 6 in July. I got them both from Jennifer after my 14 year old died of CHF. I contacted her not knowing what I know now. After I got Payton I got at least three emails in 2 years, telling me she was not going to be breeding anymore, that she couldn't do it and would ask me if I would take a dog. I should have done more research but thought I was doing a good thing. Both my girls are awesome. I paid $150 for Patches and she gave me Dottie for free. I was told that she was in great conditions and had no issues. She told me that I had to wait for Dottie to ween her nine pups before I could get her. We have a cabin about two hours south of where she is located. I told her we were going to be up north over Labor Day weekend. I knew that the pups were not going to be weened by then and I told her that I would make an extra trip up a few weeks after that to get Dottie. Not a big deal. She told me that Dottie was ready Labor Day weekend and that the pups had rejected her milk so we could get her. I believed her. Later she told me that the reason Dottie was ready was because all of her pups died of Parvo but she didn't want to tell me. After I got Dottie I brought her to the vet and I was told she had stage two luxating patellas and a deformity on the top of her rib cage. The vet also felt that Patches and Dottie were both bred way too young, to the point where their adult teeth (especially Dottie's) never fully grew in from all the calcium that was being taken away from her and given to the puppies that she was carrying. The reason Jenni gave me Dottie for free was because Dottie had to have an emergency C section on her when she was ready to deliver and they had to spay her right after (so of course Dot was of no use to her anymore spayed). All I can praise her for is saving my dog's life, but that may have just been a decision made by the vet. It took Dottie a year to actually be somewhat social. She is still very afraid of strangers. In fact that day my mother and I picker her up, Dottie forced herself into the wheel well of Jenni's minivan because of all the fear she had. I even said to Jenni that I didn't know if I could take her because there are so many other dogs and children in our lives. She said she would be fine. She was because of our patience. About a year after we got Dottie, she emailed me offering Dottie's sister, Payton to me. I of course said yes and agreed to even bring another one of her dogs to a woman in the Chicago land area. The woman was showing her dogs in a dog show and I looked her up and she was a reputable breeder and ALL her dachshunds lived in her home (Big Timbers Kennel, Ohio). After emails and phone calls over the course of a month and agreeing on the terms, payment and travel, I thought all was set. I called and emailed her to let her know when we were going to meet. I received no responses. I went on her website and she was trying to sell Payton (now pregnant) for $500. She offered me the dog and then sold her to another breeder. Then she finally emailed me back when I said something on her Facebook. She then agreed to give me Payton after her pups were weened. I was fine with that. Well apparently she got a better offer and was no longer willing to sell her to me. I have every email that she sent me. What she did not know was that an email is a legal contract. I have been in contact with a lawyer and State Officials to find out my rights. I have also spoken with people that have dealt with her and her mother and had even worse experiences than I. I have never been to her property because ironically she always insisted on meeting me somewhere, but I have spoken with people that have been there and from what I have heard of what they saw, it is nothing less than a puppy mill.