- Report: #619484
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dreams Model and Talent, Dreams Model & Talent
Dreams Model and Talent, Dreams Model & Talent3080 s. durango blvd., #205 Internet United States of America
Dreams Model and Talent, Dreams Model & Talent Dreams Models, Dreams Acting, www.dreamsmodelandtalent.com Modeling-Acting Scam in Las Vegas! Don't pay them a DIME! RUN! READ! Internet
*General Comment: Talent Development In Albuquerque NM
*Consumer Comment: DREAMS IS FINALLY.... CLOSED...... FOR GOOD!
*Consumer Comment: Why is Dreams still open? With what Kim Flowers has done?
*Author of original report: Dreams Model and Talent is a TOTAL SCAM!!!!! DON'T PAY!
*General Comment: Top Model and Talent Development Scam - Run for the door!
I have been with Dreams Model & Talent for almost 6 months. I was already skeptical of them, they seem very amateur and they're very expensive. Then, to add to my fears, I found this on line posted by another angry parent. Here's what I've now learned:
1) Dreams is actually owned by Kim Flowers, who was sued by the DA for stealing the "dreams" and money of parents and kids here in Vegas for years. Just do a Google search on Kim Flowers or Kim Flowers Development or John Robert Powers (they all owned a JRP too). Also, put the word scam after each name.
2) It's operated by her sisters, who claim (of course) to have no part of the infamous Kim Flowers......... yeah, right! I guess they think parents are real stupid.
3) Their training is the worst! Their teachers are all wanna be actors just working for the money. My daughter came home 2 times crying saying how bad the classes are! There's a guy there named Mr. Lee that has come to train KIDS a few times while stoned! Awful!! With kids? OMG!
4) Dreams represents themselves as an agency. Even their name Dreams Model & Talent sounds like an agency. They scouted us at my daughters school. Not once did they say they were a school, which is fine, but, they should flat out say that. We also complained to the school. It was completely misrepresented.
5) I got placed with an agency through Dreams. To this day, we have received not one call, or even an audition from this "agency" (Spectrum Talent). The lady from Spectrum seemed very nice but, I hear (from so many parents I've spoken too about this and other agencies in Vegas and LA-we now live in both states) she (and many other agencies like her) get paid to appear at these schools to scout. "It's really sad", one agency in LA said. "These companies prey on Hollywood newbies". We feel so taken.
6) Most all agencies we have conversed with say that, although training definately is a plus especially for the teens, if the training center has poor intructors, hence our issue with Dreams, you mind as well take no traning. It's worse to get "bad" training. This came directly from an agent for the Ford Models Agency in Los Angeles.
7) Dreams does not carry the proper license in Nevada. They are a school and need a license for that. They do not have one. Simply go to the Las Vegas Business License website and do a search.
8) The owner of Dream is showed as "Donna Ray". Who the heck is this? A ficticious name? Cover up? Is Donna really Kim? Someone has video showing Kim going in and out of Dreams offices in Las Vegas. Again, just check their public license.
9) DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASONS TO RUN FOR THE EXIT? SAVE YOUR MONEY!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2010 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dreams-Model-and-Talent-Dreams-Model-Talent/internet/Dreams-Model-and-Talent-Dreams-Model-Talent-Dreams-Models-Dreams-Acting-wwwdreamsmod-619484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.