Complaint Review: Dressale

• Submitted: Sun, September 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Astrid (Sydney, Australia) — Seven Hills, NSW, 2147 Australia
Dressale

Dressale Masodressgroup Chan Dressale - Rubbish Garments and Rubbish After Sales Service Hong Kong, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: just only buy something simple online

*Consumer Suggestion: just only buy something simple online

I ordered a two piece outfit for my son's wedding.  The photo on the Dressale website looked lovely.  In fact the whole Dressale website looked lovely.  Very professional.  How wrong I was to ever order the outfit.  It looked nothing like the picture on their website.  On the same measurements, they made a dress that would not zip up and a jacket that was too big and bulky.  The dress and jacket were different colours.

The dress was made in a dusty pink material.  The jacket was made in a baby pink material.  The jacket was big and bulky.  The collar on the jacket was about three times larger than it should have been, was uneven and bulky, and the trim was attached in a very unprofessional manner.  The sleeves on the jacket were too long.  The width of the sleeves was also too big.  This was not an outfit made by a professional dressmaker or tailor, particularly the jacket.

It looked like it had been made by someone who had never made anything before.  When I politely raised all the issues with Dressale their solution was for me to go to a local dressmaker and get alterations made.  I was given the runaround by several different people. I was eventually offered $10 compensation plus some promises about discounts on future orders.   I was not prepared to have alterations made that it would have meant spending more money without any guarantee that Dressale would pay for it.

And I wasn't prepared to have the outfit re-made as I wasn't convinced that it would magically become wearable.  It was a completely unwearable outfit and an enormous disappointment and waste of almost $200.00 which Dressale took from my credit card as soon as the order was placed.  Unfortunately I did not see the reviews on your site until after I had ordered the outfit, and I was hoping my outfit would be okay, but it wasn't.  It was a rubbish outfit topped off by rubbish aftersales service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 01:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dressale/internet/Dressale-Masodressgroup-Chan-Dressale-Rubbish-Garments-and-Rubbish-After-Sales-Service-H-948615. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dressale

#1 Consumer Suggestion

just only buy something simple online

AUTHOR: vamatn - (United States of America)

I ordered my bridesmaid dress a few months ago also on Dressale.com. The dress is actually not so bad with the right color and fabric which i specifically ordered. i can understand your painful experience since i had to communicate with the customer service explaining my exact orders and tracking my dress ever after! it took almost 2 months until i finally got it and i know the process is really annoying.

but i think that you should have full consideration before your order. my bridesmaid dress looks just chic and simple on the pictures, you can't do anything wrong as you get the right color and fabric. look at the price!what are you expecting for!!especially online website!!just find some simple silhouette you have already knew that it will look good on you. that's how you can get the right piece and stop wasting money. some friends see me on the wedding asked where i got it from and wanted to buy some themselves, i can only suggest them the same, and btw, be ready to wait forever!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

just only buy something simple online

AUTHOR: vamatn - (United States of America)