Complaint Review: Dressale.com

• Submitted: Tue, April 02, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: LMH — LW Florida
Dressale.com

Dressale.com MISLED-DRESS DID NOT LOOK LIKE PICTURE-COMES FROM CHINA-CHEAP MATERIAL Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dressale.com

I recently ordered a custom made dress from Dressale.com, an online company in Hong Kong that appeared to have a professional business in California and a quality product based on their website.  I provided measurements in writing, taken by a professional tailor.  They also called me to verify all custom measurements, yet they made the dress too small, or possibly did not make the dress custom at all, I don't know which, but when I notified them, their response was several email exchanges asking for photos for proof, just an unnecessary time delay.  After finally getting the proof that the dress had in fact been made far too small, their solution was "please take it local alteration

I have emailed and had live chat several times with no responsibility taken on their part.  They continue the silly game of "sorry for the inconvenience, please be peaceful"  They will not correct their mistake, they will not accept the dress back, they will not refund my money.  They simply repeat "we understand your frustration, so sorry for the inconvenience"  "Please take local to fix".

I spent $150 for this dress and this is a complete ripoff and I am not the only victim.  I now see numerous complaints about this company.  There has to be a way to stop these people from stealing our money and not providing the quality they guarantee at the time of sale.  Another company doing the same thing and selling clothing that looks nothing like the website is Tidebuy.

Are there no laws to protect American consumers that buy products on the internet?  If a foreign company chooses to do business with American citizens, do we not have any trade laws to protect us from this kind of rip off?  I should think a class action lawsuit could stop these people in China from stealing from us.  What options do we have?  Is there not any restrictions in the Federal Trade Commission to prevent this type of Internet theft?  If they are allowed to sell merchandise to and ship to this country, do we not have any consumer protection laws?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dressalecom/internet/Dressalecom-MISLED-DRESS-DID-NOT-LOOK-LIKE-PICTURE-COMES-FROM-CHINA-CHEAP-MATERIAL-Inter-1040176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dressale.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dressale.com

AUTHOR: Dressale - ()

Dear customer:

We would like to apologize for the confusion and inconvenience you have experienced while shopping at Dressale.com. We are continuously working on improving our products and service, so we very much value your feedback.
    As for your issues, you can cantact us via our email customer_service@dressale.com ,or the live chat http://livechat.dressale.com/chat.php , and our customer service team will help you there.
   Dressale