Complaint Review: Dri Tech/Torry Phillips

• Reported By: DebG — davie United States of America
Dri Tech/Torry Phillips
11110 w oakland park blvd 33351 sunrise, Florida United States of America

Dri Tech/Torry Phillips mold problem sunrise, Florida

I made the misrake of calling Torry Phillips of Dri Tech in Sunrise Florida, to look at a spot of mold on my ceiling before my insurance adjuster looked at it.

On Nov 6th, Mr Phillips came to my home, looked at the spot and immediatly asked me for my insurance policy. I told him I didn't have it available. He said call your insurance company now, and let me speak with them. Which I did. He wanted to know what my general liability was and also what they would pay out on mold.

I thought this highly unusual at the time and should have listened to my instincts.

He proceeded to tell me I needed air filters in the home immediately, even though I was leaving town in a few days. I asked him how much and he said 2 machines for 2 days at 478.00.

I agreed, but he said don't worry about it I am going to bill your insurance company directly, and you won't have to pay anything. He pulled out an agreement that stated whatever he turned into the insurance I would authorize to pay.

When he came to retreive the machines, I asked him to bring the bill and I would pay it and submit it to my insurance company. He didn't want to do this but I insisted. When he showed up the bill was 1440.00.

I said I absolutely would not pay that, but would pay the amount agreed on.

In the meantime my adjuster showed up and said since I only had a square foot of mold all I had to do was spray bleach on it. nothing more was required, it is not considered a health problem.

So at this point I realized I was lied to.

The inurance biller called me to tell me he had a check for Dri Tech in the amount of 1440.00. I called my brother who sells insurance and he told me since I had a 2500.00 deductable, that Mr Phillps Bill to St James insurance was around $5000.00 which was all they would allow on mold issues.

Mr Phillips is scamming the insurance companies ut of thousands of dollars. He put in air purifier and humidifier, all which can easily be bought under 1000.00 to do the same job, and in this case wasn't needed at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dri-TechTorry-Phillips/sunrise-Florida-33351/Dri-TechTorry-Phillips-mold-problem-sunrise-Florida-979557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dri Tech/Torry Phillips