Complaint Review: Dri*ca.com

• Submitted: Tue, April 01, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 03, 2008

• Reported By:San Diego California
Dri*ca.com
dri*ca.com Unknown, Minnesota U.S.A.

Dri*ca.com unauthorized credit card charge by DRI*ca.com Tigerdirect.com assocaieted with this scam Minnesota

*Author of original report: Mistake in filing ripoff report!

I recently received my credit card statement and a charge for 49.99 showed up on 1 March 2008 for Dri*ca.com 877 694-8509 Mn. I do not ever recall making any such purchase and called my credit card company to report an unauthorized charge. of course it was after hours and the person answering was in India and ave me another number to vcall during normal business hours.

I also found out from ripoffreport.com that this is a computer associates anti virus scam occuring from using the tigerdirect.com order site and previously ordering a Laptop with Computer Associates anti virus software and an alleged rebate scam.

I am very upset that Tigerdirect.com is assocaieted with this scam as I have been a faithful customer of theirs for years.

Walter
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2008 01:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dricacom/Unknown-Minnesota/Dricacom-unauthorized-credit-card-charge-by-DRIcacom-Tigerdirectcom-assocaieted-with-322744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dri*ca.com

Mistake in filing ripoff report!

AUTHOR: Walter - (U.S.A.)

I found out with more invetigation with Computer Associates that the fee of 49.99 was an anti virus software renewal fee which was automatically charged and I either forgot or do not recall the agreement to the automatic renewal being charged. I did receive an email telling me that the charge was going to occur but as I do not read my email every day, I missed the email and read it after the fact. I want to appologize for posting a ripoff report prematurely but I still am not happy about being automatically charged. I did use CA software on my old Toshiba laptop which crashed many moons ago and was satisfied with the CA software. The anti virus software program is good but the automatic CA charging tactic should have a better option to allow the software user to actually OK or approve the charges before it goes through. Too many internet enterprises use this auto billing/payment tactic to profit. I would like to remove my rip off report.