Complaint Review: Drive Financial-Santander Consumer USA

• Submitted: Thu, July 30, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:winfield Kansas
Drive Financial-Santander Consumer USA
www.santanderconsumerusa.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Drive Financial-Santander Consumer USA harrassing phone calls and changing previously made agreements Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Learn the guidlines for collecting money from consumers!!

*Consumer Comment: It is a car

I am a married college student trying to finish nursing school this last year. Our payments were typically a week or so late because of how our money had to be managed to meet our budget and take care of our family.

Our payment never went over 30 days late until April 2009 when I had a choice of either making ou car payment or paying th efees for graduation and to get my state nursing license. My husband called Drive and made arrangements but the phone calls never stopped. They call multiple times a day. Some of these phone calls included threats to come and take the vehicle for being 34 days behind. Others informed me that they can call over and over (and some did) until I made the account current. It got to the point that I instructed my children not to answer the phone because one individual even tried talking to my 7 year old son about howmommy and daddy need to pay their bills.

The first week of June we made arrangements to defer one payment to the end of the loan so that the account was current. I was told over the phone that the deferrment was approved and the new end date of the loan was November of 2012 I believe. A few weeks later I begin getting phone calls from Santander who claimed they bought out Drive Financial. They informed me that because I had made one payment on a Monday instead of the Sunday (I guess the payment arrangement date was a Sunday and so the electronic payment did not go through until the next day), they had decided not to honor the originally agreed upon deferrment. Now I am behind again because of this.

I graduated in May and started working in June. Now it is the end of July and now I am getting anywhere from 3-5 phone calls from Santander a day. Everyday they want a different amount of money and they call from different phone numbers every time. I have been told that once I talk to them one time for the day they are not allowed to call back again. It is after I asked one of the operators that called about this that they started calling from different numbers. Now they call from 2 different Dallas phone numbers and the rest are from blocked numbers.

I am so frustrated because we are expecting our fourth child in a few months and I do not hav ethe extra $500 they are wanting top bring my account current. When I called to make my monthly payment I changed my mind and scheduled it online because they tried to tell me that they would take the whole amount because that was what was owed. I knew that by doing it online I have a record of what I authorized them to take out of my bank account. My husband and I are starting to wonder if the best way to get away fromthis company is to sacrifice our credit, which is already not great, and give the van back. We could afford an older vehicle but the van is our only vehicle that will hold the entire family.

Crystal
winfield, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2009 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Financial-Santander-Consumer-USA/Dallas-Texas-75266/Drive-Financial-Santander-Consumer-USA-harrassing-phone-calls-and-changing-previously-made-475063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial-Santander Consumer USA

Learn the guidlines for collecting money from consumers!!

AUTHOR: Lhinton - (U.S.A.)

It is very simple!! beileve me I know exactly what you are dealing with. Go to the Texas Attorney General website, click on consumer protection, on the left side of the next page click on debt collection, the rules as they are written by the Attorney General, that debt collectors must follow will be there, if they are violating even one of them report them to the Consumer Credit Commission they regulate loan companies like Santander. report them. They will do something about the harrassment!!!!

It is a car

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Have you checked the blue book value of the car to see if you can sell for it for what you owe on it?

Any finance company cant be blaimed when you don't make your payments.

Their calls, you said "I have been told that once I talk to them one time for the day they are not allowed to call back again." What idiot told you that?

The finance company owns your car. You say "and I do not hav ethe extra $500 they are wanting top bring my account current. When I called to make my monthly payment I changed my mind and scheduled it online because they tried to tell me that they would take the whole amount because that was what was owed. I knew that by doing it online I have a record of what I authorized them to take out of my bank account."

Umm.. your bank account is proof of payment. If you don't trust the company why in the world would you pay them online? Online is giving your account info and permission to access your account more than on the phone. No payment you are asking for calls.

No matter, you owe for this van that you are enjoying the use of. The fact that you are pregnant with a 4th child is not the loan companies fault.