Complaint Review: Drive Financial Services, Santander Consumer USA Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, September 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, September 19, 2009

• Reported By: Jer K — Mesa Arizona USA
Drive Financial Services, Santander Consumer USA Inc.
http://www.santanderconsumerusa.com/default.aspx Internet United States of America

Drive Financial Services, Santander Consumer USA Inc. Drive Financial, Santander Consumer Payment on loan terms changed? Internet

I have been paying my car loan since March 2006. All payments on time and above the amount due. I rounded the payment up from 292 to 300 every month. Come May 2009 payment, I did not receive a statement, nor my typical email alert that a payment was due. So I called customer service, (to me they are very hard to understand, broken English) this is when they where changing over their name from Drive Financial to Santander Consumer.

I was told a payment was not due, because I had been paying more then the amount due every month. If you calculate it out, $8 * 36 months it comes out to about $288. My normal payment is $292. I thought that sounded about right then. But I decided to mail out a payment anyways.

But I had addressed the PO Box it wrong and the payment was returned. Now come Sept 2009. They tell me I owe them $410 since I did not make a payment in May. Of course I called customer service and spoke to rep and she told me the supervisor would tell me the same thing, I held for a supervisor. So why is it 4-months later, youre telling me this.

I asked them since they record their calls, I would like them all pulled for the month of May 2009. I was told they would update my account, once accounting looked at the account. I said NO, I want someone to call me.

They will come to the same conclusion you did, no payment made in May 2009. I did not receive a statement in the mail, an e-mail alert and was told by the rep a payment was NOT due for May 2009. I had been receiving all along, all of those EVERYTIME for the last 36 months, and none come May 2009.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2009 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Financial-Services-Santander-Consumer-USA-Inc/internet/Drive-Financial-Services-Santander-Consumer-USA-Inc-Drive-Financial-Santander-Consumer-497374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial Services, Santander Consumer USA Inc.