• Report: #200278

• Submitted: Mon, July 10, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, April 14, 2007

• Reported By:Cedar Park Texas
Drive Financial Services
drivefinancial.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-417-0029
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Drive Financial Services Debited my checking account without authorization DAllas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Unauthrized account withdrawel and missing payment and harassing phone calls

*Consumer Suggestion: Alright everyone, let's get it together now....

*Consumer Suggestion: Alright everyone, let's get it together now....

*Consumer Suggestion: To aid to your first rebuttal

We had gotten behind on our payments. Drive Financial called and spoke with my wife on June 16th, asking for a payment. My wife specifically told them that we would either call in or make a payment online on June 30th. They asked if we would be making the payment out of the same checking account. My wife said yes, when we call in or make a payment online on the 30th, we would be using the same account. I know all of this because I was standing right next to her.

So June 29th rolls around, and I go online and make a payment on the Drive Financial site thinking everything's fine. All of the sudden I go online and see that Drive has debited my account twice for the payment.

I call Drive Financial last Thursday and explain to them what's going on and they lie to me and try to tell me my wife authorized the payment. I guess they figured I wasn't standing there. Anyway, they give me the runaround saying they're not going to reverse it because I was behind on my payments. I tell them they weren't authorized to make the payment in the first place and what they've done is very poor business practices at the least, if not illegal.

So the girl I'm talking to transfers me to Tara, her manager. After a little while, Tara finally says, "OK, e-mail your bank statement and I'll take care of it." Here we are three business days later, I have no responese whatsover from Drive, and they have an extra $384.41 of my money.

I will never do business with Drive Financial again.

Ed
Cedar Park, Texas

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Drive Financial

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it hasbeenmore than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist youproperly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to dealwith it,take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the chargetruth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics still worshould k. The bank can easily faxor mail toyou the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was.Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2006 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Financial-Services/Dallas-Texas/Drive-Financial-Services-Debited-my-checking-account-without-authorization-DAllas-Texas-200278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial Services

Unauthrized account withdrawel and missing payment and harassing phone calls

AUTHOR: Zimmawu - (U.S.A.)

Please add me to the class suit for drive financial they misplaced a payment in 2003 and since then it been hell for me they have taken money out of my account with outh authorization and called me numerous times

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Alright everyone, let's get it together now....

AUTHOR: Ceasar - (U.S.A.)

For those of you who wish to think that I am a current employee, you're wrong. I am a current customer to Drive Financial...for the 2nd time!! Yes you read it right, the second time!!

I am putting my own .02 in here because I have a friend who is also a customer and yes, he's going through some financial hardships and is mad and frustrated at Drive and found this website and I was curious about the site. What do you people expect??? How many times does someone have to say it? A SIMPLE INTREST LOAN!!! Blah Blah Blah on the issues of California. Yes, it is sad that people were laid off but did it ever occur to anyone that many many many companies possibly did things illegally and at one point or another re-established their business (even if they had to go to another state) in order to start fresh and clean and do things the right way? Let me let you in on a little secret....

Intrest works the same way ANYWHERE you have it. Mortgages, credit cards, cars, you name it!! Even your banks!! You pay even one day late, and yes, unbelievably, it accrues, and yes, your principal balance hardly gets paid!! I would tell you where I currently work, but that doesnt matter. You dont know me, and I dont know you but I do know common sense. I came on here and looked up all the companies I do business with and pretty much am saying the same thing. Yes, I work for a finance company and when I call Drive, I am knowledgable of how my loan works. If Drive gives you a hard time, then get answers if not from them, then DO RESEARCH!! Every state is different so yes, many of you will have outrageous intrest rates based on the limit set by the state.

From my understanding, Drive Financial is like a stepping stone for you to rebuild your credit, and the reason why I went through them again, is because I was late on my payments because, yes, things do come up that are out of your control and you cant avoid being late!! You want specific details? My wife left me with our 3 kids and I had to suddenly pay all bills (mortgage, car, electric, water, day care, food, gas, clothes, etc..) by myself!! I'm not complaining but in the end I feel like an exceptional father because I am responsible and make up for time lost. My intrest rate was definitely lower believe it or not! They even provided me with advise on what to do about other things I was paying for even as far as giving me info to look up at what the state offered assistance in. If people just took the time to research what they do business with, there wouldnt be problems!! Electric companies even give you defferments! I thought only women could get food stamps, and let me tell you, I have a mouthful of complaints for the Department of Human Services!! I threw a garage sale and made $300!! All from the advice from a Drive employee. I dont feel insulted, its what you have to do to survive!! I sit here and read the complaints of people not knowing when their due dates are, or what their intrest is, or how amazed they are at how much it is. DONT SIGN UNLESS YOU READ EVERYTHING!!! Common sense people!!! When you sign for your contract, it is the dealership's responsibility to tell you who is financing you, how much your payment is, how many months you'll be paying, what your APR is, what you're being financed, what your due date is, if you have a grace period and how much a late fee is, etc....DEMAND IT AT THE SIGNING OF THE CONTRACT!! Make a list of questions before you sign! Even when you go to a new job they encourage you to have a list of questions to ask them!!

Drive lost your payment? Several times? No one is perfect!! That's why on the statement they provide, they give you payment options!! Ever heard of the post office loosing mail? Sure you have to cough up another $10 for wiring your payment but at least it gets there that day!! Another thing to keep in mind is that whenever you pay something through your bank by debit card or check, IT'S ALL UP TO YOUR BANK WHEN THEY RELEASE THE PAYMENT!!! That's why you hardly ever see a payment on the same date on your statement. Checks usually take 3-5 days and debited payments take 2-4. There are banks that are so behind that they may take a payment back a month later!!

Did they take more than one payment unauthorized? Learn from that experience and never give your financial institution information again!! That's why they offer you payment options!! They shouldnt be debiting your account without authorization so if they have, then do as the editor said and ask your bank to do an unauthorized investigation. If you can prove that Drive did it illegally and unauthorized, then more power to you. But do something and dont just complain!!

Hidden fees? For what? A non-sufficient funds payment? You get that everywhere you go. Let me explain intrest to you. Its broken down daily to a certain dollar amount based on your balance and every day that you are late, that amount goes towards the intrest FROM your payment that you make. Its not a hidden fee, its what's on the contract! READ IT!! Late charges are also a certain percentage of your payment and that's not just with Drive, its with any other finance company like Americredit or other companies that finance cars.

Disgruntled employee? Guess what? I am too!! It's corporate America!! I was laid off of a major airline BEFORE 9/11. It happens, no job is ever secured!! Not even your life is secured for the next day!!

They dont refinance you? Again, a simple intrest loan. They are like a stepping stone to better your credit. They only take a chance on you once. What's wrong with that? They give you one opportunity to better yourself. Yes, again, things happen but because I am a prime example of getting through the punches that life throws you, you CAN catch up if you keep communicating with them. Yes, some of them have been very rude, but I dont waste my time on them. I simply hang up and call back. Someone will listen, I assure you. From my understanding and research, this company employs about 500 people so trust me, just like there are some of us on here that are responsible and make every effort to catch up and roll with the punches, there are people there willing to help.

Has anyone actually seen how many complaints are on this website?!?! Come on people!! We're talking about the American economy and business world!! There are city governments, car dealerships, and even the BBB and all the credit bureaus in here with complaints on them!! Do research even if it is after you sign a contract and start having complaints. If they dont educate you, educate yourself!! No one is to blame but yourself. When I purchased my home, I was there EVERYDAY it was under construction to make sure it was done right. I spent hours on the web after I put my kids to bed educating myself on the supplies and companies being done or used at my house. I have no complaints because I made sure it was done right.

Again, for those of you talking Class Action Lawsuits....for what is there NOT a class action lawsuit now a days? You win some, you loose some.

In sum, always do research on anything involved in your life. The information is available. But make sure you get it from the right source!! Get names, operator numbers, receipts of payment, write down dates and times of calls, get any proof you can!! Its sad yes, and it takes up your time, but sadly, this is corporate America. When and where are you actually pleased with something?!?!?!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Alright everyone, let's get it together now....

AUTHOR: Ceasar - (U.S.A.)

#4 Consumer Suggestion

To aid to your first rebuttal

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

It was good that the editor added in, and it is nice to know that he is active to his sites. He is right in all, and you still need to fight with Drive Financial Services because they believe as along as your signature is on that little piece of paper call a contract, they have you at there mercy, which we all know they don't have any. It's all about business, not mercy, and the rules to which it is played is unmerciful.

Your living your life, your way..after all this is American, the land of free and the home of once was the brave..but now its the slave to the lender. In business there are rules and laws that protect you, but you haven't been reading the fine print, and not one told you the rules to the game, and no one will, after all education is a free man liberty, one you need to respect and allow in your life if you seek help from deep inside yourself.

So here I go again....get everything in writting, I don't mean just the contract I mean everytime you deal with them directly, with Drive that is...write only, no phone calls, they won't record it so they can make a transcript for you later when you need to go to court, it won't ever be used for you, it will however be used to show to a judge how you can't keep your word, by that way Drive Financial Services looks as if they have accounted for everything in their view of recording keeping, it's on their court, not your playing field remember.

Certified your mail going out everytime, and I mean everytime, and docurment all in coming mail and make sure in each letter from them, you agree to everything they said otherwise you need to write back saying you dont before 30 days is up, just like the same time line they have with your letters, and make sure you state that at the end of all your letters, that if they dont' agree, they need to put it in writting, otherwise they agree' and make sure they really answers all your questions each time, they like to jump over some things you ask, so keep that in mind too, you will still have to write again to get them to face your questions so redirect it each time so to get an answer in writing. Get a folder, and keep everything in that folder in date line time and make three copies so to use for court when it comes to that, which it will.

Get names, and write to them over and over again till you feel you have ask them a million question about your account. You just may find where they messed up, and ask for company policies ...you know the one's that the law of this land will ask them to show which law that allowed them to take your money out of your account illegally?... that would be the first question I would ask of them... like this way.. Policy question I wish to ask Drive Financial Services is this... "What are your collection policies that hold your company to a binding and legally limits and rights to collection out of your customers bank accounts without authoriztion if your customers falls behind in payments?" Ask that one, and don't stop asking till you get an answers, even if you have to write it to them 80 million times, get 80 million letters explaining why they did it, and use that to sue them.

Make sure to, your writing to someone who has authoriztion to speak for Drive in legal matters and field, so be sure when you first write, you ask to only work with one who can be authorized. This way, you hold the company to it, not a person who they will fire so to get out of legally ground. Get a letter from your bank..and ask them to put in writting why they allowed Drive to take money out, use that in court as well.

Once you have them, claim breach of contract and put that in a RE: NOTICATION OF BREACH OF CONTRACT (letter)...because it is the only and best way to put Drive Finanical Service on the spot in front of a judge, with all the violations penning them with your paper trail ..it will also open doors up for other families like yourself to fight for the same wrongs you just faced from this company. One more note...breach of contract can be proven in a Class Action Lawsuit, on that you can file at Civil courts in your country and state..and you can bridge other Class Action lawsuit with the same problems together with yours even if they are in a different state, so to show that it is more likly that Drive Financial Services is violation Ferderal laws more than state laws, because states are not as welling to fight unless they are backed by Ferderal.

So keep in mind, breach of contract.. it is the key to you winning, and breach of contract allows you out, because of their acts again your rights, they can not lie to you, it a breach contract just as if you did, and falsification to credit reports is such an act on them as well.. so dig..and dig deep, and keep on task to your goal, after all, Drive Financial is. You stated you don't want to do business every again with them, then know this, if you fight today, then might not be doing business with others if they refuse to follow the law.. you might be one of those reasons.

Good Luck