Complaint Review: Drive Financial

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Drive Time - DFW

*Consumer Comment: good luck

*Consumer Comment: Drive Employees

*Author of original report: Drive Financial

*Consumer Comment: the "employee"

*UPDATE Employee: Not true...

*Consumer Suggestion: If Drive Time is calling you . . .

Drive is going to charge you anything they can for penalties but that does not mean they can call when you are past due and scream at you over and over. This company has the worst phone and collection ethics of any company I have ever seen and I work in the repossession industry. I have messages that I have saved from the collectors yelling and stating very unprofessional comments, but here is the kicker according to the FDCPA laws you can not leave a detailed message on a debtors phone if it does not state the debtors name and my phone states a business name and in no way ties to myself other than the bill is in my name.

I attempted to explain to the agent the reason I was past due and she just kept screaming over my voice "where is the truck, you know better" I know she had to have said this at least 10 times in a row. We may be subprime clients but we dont have to tollerate subprime collectors who dont have any consideration for the laws. I do know for a fact also that their customers personal information is being given to collectors with criminal backgrounds!! how about that!!! Why are we subject to having all our information in the hands of felons just because we used a subprime lender???

Michelle
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Financial/Fort-Worth-Texas/Drive-Financial-Services-REALLY-Fort-Worth-Texas-285953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Drive Time - DFW

AUTHOR: Friendlywarning - (U.S.A.)

Michell, I agree with you. In many instances the same thing has happend to me from the Lewisville location. There morals are in the wrong place. There has been many times I have wanted to go up there on Saturdays and just sent out front telling people not to buy cars there. I think it would be great if I could find more people in the metroplex willing to do this to help send a message to the company. One person dosen't mean alot, on location will not mean a lot, but many locations with many people I think would have a huge impact.

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Michelle, if you're behind on your car payment, which we all do get behind from time to time, they are going to call you. You just have realize most of these people are screwups, not intelligent enough to have a real job, so you have to toughen up and learn how to deal with them.

I have had 1st hand experience with Drive's CSR's. Some were professional and willing to work with me, others were morons who only wanted a payment. It seems they either get a bonus when they collect, or only get paid if they collect. Not sure which yet. When they yell at me unprofessionally, I usually refer to them as idiots or morons and ask to speak to someone with some intelligence. That usually catches them off guard and ends up with them putting me on hold til someone else answers the phone. When I am behind and talking to them to work it out, when they yell or talk over me I either yell back at them or just hangup. It is obvious at that point that we are not going to resolve anything. Then they call back and tell me "I'm coming to get my car tonight" I just say bring it moron! I have 2 cars and have had more than 1 car repossesed in my life so who cares? I also tell them to produce a Court Order to come pickup the car or the person picking it up without one will be arrested for trespassing.

Though they may threaten repeatedly, Drive does NOT want to pickup a car they are going to lose money on. So you just have to get on the levels of the morons until you get someone with a little intelligence and get it resolved.

To the person who wanted to know who the owner is..the current CEO is Tom Dundon and the Executive VP is Brad Reeves. They are privately held by Grupo Santander, a bank in Spain who is probably the only one willing to back them. Drive has been sued once a year for the past several years for their unlawful collection tactics and have been dropped by several banks and insurance companies. In your spare time, do a Google search and read the reports.

good luck

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Oh and if you will check in this list of responses or rebutals, I have where the man states "if Drive Time is calling you" oh what an idiot cause its Drive Financial so we obviously can not read well enough to even respond and they are supposedly a drive time employee how humiliating for drive time!

Yeah, well here is something for you to get the last laugh I actually work in the repossession business and they have so many of their employees that are up for repo themselves! I have myself had over 4 of their employees vehicles up for repossession! Also there is proof that when a customer has been repoed the employees have been caught driving the repossessed vehicle! I thought you might like to laugh at that one! Good luck to you getting a professional person on the phone at their company. I think there is one girl named Monica who is very educated and helpful but who knows how you could actually get her on the phone?

Drive Employees

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Drive Financial's employees provide the WORST, and I mean WORST customer service I have ever dealt with in my life.

Try to get someone up the chain of command there. It just doesn't happen. Either "My supervisor is in a meeting" or "No sir I have no supervisor" are the answers I've gotten.

I asked one employee who the owner of the company was and the name he gave me sounded like it had digits in it. I asked if he could spell that for me please. He responded "No, sir I can't." I said "You work there and you can't spell the name of the owner of the company?"
He stated back (and this IS for real) - "No, sir. I'm and idiot." as I heard laughing in the backround.

The worst part about this is that at this point I owe nothing to Drive Financial. They owe ME money and I'm getting treated like I'm a deadbeat bill payer.

Drive Financial

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Its so funny that the last person said that they do not issue out social security numbers to their employees and duh duh duh whatever else they said does not interest me due to that I KNOW for a fact what they do cause not only have I worked their accounts I know who they give their accounts to that are persons with felony charges such as forgery!! So to the EMPLOYEE you dont want to take it there cause I can prove my point!! CAN YOU???? I have proof and can back up my words!

To the last person who commented about the employee! trust me I know how intelligent they are! You should hear them on the phone! WOW!

No we cant all pay our bills things come up that we dont expect, I do hold that I am the person responsible to delinquent payments. On that note why do so many employees from drive financial have their vehicles up for repo? I have myself worked at least 4 accounts in the last year of employee of Drive Financial and 2 of them refused to give the location of the vehicle. So yes we all fall short from time to time!

the "employee"

AUTHOR: Atxpitbullmami - (U.S.A.)

With her last comment of "pay your bill and you wont have to deal with us" goes to show what kind of idiots that company has working for them.

Not true...

AUTHOR: Mom.of.4.boys - (U.S.A.)

I do not know what a previous collector may have left on your voicemail, but I can tell you for a fact, Drive Financial does not hire felons or people with a criminal background, and they do drug testing as well.

Also, credit and debit card numbers are x'd out as well as ssn's in our systems, so there should be no reason to worry regardless. All Drive does is try to protect their customers.

Also, Drive would not be calling you unless you owed us money. So pay your bill and you won't have to deal with us.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

If Drive Time is calling you . . .

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

If Drive Time is calling you directly, they can basically say whatever they want to on an answering machine. They are first party collectors, which means that they are not bound by the FDCPA.