Virgin

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Warner Robins Georgia
Drive Financial
Warner Robins, Georgia U.S.A.

Drive Financial AKA Santander Rippoffs and Liars! Warner Robins Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Please understand...

I have been making payments on time with Drive financial AKA Santander now!
Back in October 2008. I lost my Job and was Diagnosed with Cancer. Which I have been in and out of the Hospital with chemotherapy. I was behind then made payments back after calling them in December 2007. I was up to date until this year February when I was in and out of the Hospital again! I called them to let them know I was in the hospital again! They did not even document me calling back in October 2007 about me going into the hospital for Chemo. I received nothing but harassing calls from them! Call us ASAP! When I did! All they stated is that they wanted their Money they do not care what is happening to me! They did not even Discuss payment arrangements at all! I regained Employment in April of this Year! Which I am still going in and out of the hospital which the doctors told me I needed to take it easy! After calling Drive Financial and getting no where! With no assistance or Help from them I was at Wits end! June Tuesday 30, 2009 at about 2 am they came and Repo'ed my car without even telling me they were going to do that. when I have called them over and over from March until June 29th of 2009. I spoke to Flew Ellen who said it would only cost me $1508.80 to only get my car back and she said I would have to pay it in the form of a money Gram or Western Union. She made note of that! I called back early this evening to make sure that is all I had to Do and that was the only amount! Sandra who was a Real "Bitch" over the phone was asking me tons of Questions where I worked how long have I had Cancer? I was Shocked at all the rudeness of this Woman! She then told me that Flew Ellen told me Wrong that my Payment would have to be $1905.80. That if I had called them earlier that they would of worked with me! I told this Woman Sandra that I did not like her Tone that I would like to talk to someone who was in charge there. She then just Laughed and put me on Hold! She then got back on the phone saying she was transferring me to Regional Manager which I was transferred to someone voice mail and not a live person! I have been calling since April and received NO Help or any assistance! They have miss Quoted me and put more fees on top of what they said! This Company meaning Drive Financial AKA Santander! Is a huge ripoff of a Company who Hire Lying people who are Heartless and very Rude when dealing with you! She Meaning Sandra Acted like it was my fault that I had CANCER! This Company needs to Shut down and put out of Business! If there is anyone that can Recommend me to another Company I can Refinance from Please Do ASAP! I would like to take My business else where and make sure this business Buried and put to REST!!!

Anthony
Warner Robins, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Financial/Warner-Robins-Georgia-31093/Drive-Financial-AKA-Santander-Rippoffs-and-Liars-Warner-Robins-Georgia-466613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Please understand...

AUTHOR: Realitycheck - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to hear about your illness, it sounds like things are getting better. Congrats on the new job.

There are a few points to make. They do not have to tell you that they are going to repo your car, if they told people this, they may try and hide the car. (hard to believe huh?)

The reason you are financed with this company is because you have bad credit...no other reason. In fact, this is the "last chance" lender...which means that nobody else will probably finance you (especially refinance). Sorry.

If you were up to date since February, that means that you've been late for 4 months. Does this seem right? No wonder they took the car...I would have too. Again, sorry for being blunt.

The point is, always cover yourself when contacting a finance company for anything (credit card, mortgage, car), ask for a confirmation of the conversation to be recorded, faxed or emailed even. (they may not be able to, but at least you asked).

This is one of the largest finance companies in the country (lending to people with bad credit) so imagine how many people are late on their payments. Chances are that they have a third party collection company, so good customer service is thrown out the window.

If you did not get your car back then getting another one will be a bit of a challenge. You will need money down for sure and a dealership who specializes in special finance. Good luck with your next vehicle!