Complaint Review: Drive Financial/Santander

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — Stout Ohio United States of America
Drive Financial/Santander

Drive Financial/Santander Santander Consumer Misplaced maypents, Internet

We have a jeep cherokee leased through Drive Financial/Santander Consumer.  Back in May my jeep was reposessed for what they said was lack of payment for March and April.

In order to gain posession of my vehicle back, I had to western union the company 1800 dollars, which supposibly would catch the payment up.  In the meantime, I knew I had not missed March and Aprils payment, it was just a matter of finding the money order recipts.  Thank goodness, I found them.

I had the money orders traced and wow, they had actually cashed them.  When I called, they said yes, they did cash and they accidentally applied my payment to someone else's account.  ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?

I was charged a 370 dollar repo fee from Drive/ Santander, had to get a loan for the 1800 dollars that I had to pay before I could get my jeep back, and the tow company charged me 215 dollars..

So when I called to find out where my 1800 dollars had went they said to February March and April.  I told them that we had figured out the payment issue with March and April and they had falsly repoed my jeep.  They then went on to say that they didn't repo the jeep due to March and Aprils payment being misplaced it was repoed because January's payment wasn't made.

So to make this long long long story short, they falsy reposessed my jeep. Which in the long run cost me awhole lot of money considering the interest on the 1800 dollar I had to get, the 370 dollar repo fee and the 215 dollar tow bill....so, they agree to credit my account the 370 dollars and the 215 dollars which would have brought my balance to a POSTIVIE 4 dollars...I said screw the 4 dollars send me my title....

Two weeks later after they agreed to credit my account and bring to a paid off status, they still hadn't processed anything and were saying my pay off was still 500 something dollars.  I told them, I give you 72 hours to get my title in the Mail.  So this is now Thursday night, the title was supposibly put in the mail Tuesday....I will give them til monday...I hate this company and am so ready to receive my title and be finished with the run arouns.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 07:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-FinancialSantander/internet/Drive-FinancialSantander-Santander-Consumer-Misplaced-maypents-Internet-935084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial/Santander