Complaint Review: Drive Time / DT Credit Corporation

• Updated: Wed, May 19, 2010

• Reported By: F Wells — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Drive Time / DT Credit Corporation
6124 S Blvd Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Drive Time / DT Credit Corporation Ugly Duckling They are charingme 4 times what this car is worth and not willing to make repairs on it..reporting negative and fradulent reports on my credit file. Charlotte, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Maybe So...

This company is truly a report and something has to be done about it and fast.They are preying on people with bad or no credit at all.They get you in with everyone is approved but the vehicles are lemons.Immediatley after I bought the car it started making strange noises in my break system.My salesperson would never return my calls and when I did speak with a rep for Drive Time they wanted to charge me $50 for one of their mechanics just to look at it.I took the car to my own personal mechanic only to find out that I needed a $2500 strut job which drive time told me would not be covered.I am paying them $400 a month for a vehicle for that already had 85,ooo miles.They told me if I wanted I could pay down my interest rate but it had to be done in 30days.They are deceitful in their practices.I want to file a lawsuit and fast!!!!They need to be closed down and fast before they really do more damage to people's lives.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2010 07:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time-DT-Credit-Corporation/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28217/Drive-Time-DT-Credit-Corporation-Ugly-Duckling-They-are-charingme-4-times-what-this-car-604794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time / DT Credit Corporation

Maybe So...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

These types of sub prime car dealers generally have a reputation of selling substandard cars but several points are in order here!

How are they "preying on people" when it was the person's choice to go there in the first place?  Nobody forced them or you to do business with them!

Its a "BRAKE SYSTEM"!  They told you it was not covered?  Do you have a written warranty?  What does it say?  Why rely on them for an explanation if you have the paperwork to read for yourself?  How do you know what they are saying is true?

You want to file a lawsuit?  OK, go ahead.  What are you going to sue for?

"Damage to people's lives"?  Again, NOBODY FORCED ANYBODY to go there!  They may have a garbage reputation, but you or I can CHOOSE where we do business!  They are a subprime dealer.  Why not work your way out of being a subprime buyer so that you never need to deal with them again???