Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Reported By: REN — Kissimmee Florida
Drive Time
Internet USA

Drive Time Be AWARE Internet

*Consumer Comment: An Absolute Dead Giveaway!

*Author of original report: Really

*Author of original report: Thgis guy works for Drivetime

*Consumer Comment: Where is the RipOff

I guess I should say, when times are hard this is a easy place to go to get back on your feet. Iwas nearing the end of my payment with them. I was never late one time. I decided to go to a real car dealership to see if I could qualify for a new car. I was paying 24%! I was approved for a new loan at 10% 14% less than Drivetime.

I qualifed for a new 2103 car, i immediatley called Drivetime to let them know that I had traded my car in and. I was told they would make a note of it! Well this was ona Monday. Saturday of this week I had a payment due which I was not worried about. Guess what?? On Sunday I got a call from Drivetime telling me I was late! I explained the situation again, no go! for the next 8 dyas I was called everyday twice a day and harrassed . I was so upset, this was unbeliveable! Now keep in mind the dealr had my old car, so I told them that , but they kept saying we need your payment. I was so upset, after never being late one time!

This past Monday after the second harrsing call at 1:28pm, I had enough. I called the customer service at 1:30pm and he told me that the payment from the dealer had just posted. He assured me the phone calls would stop! Yeah right. One more call the next day telling me the payoff from the dealer was short by $200.00. I went through the ceiling. After I lost it with this rude lady from Drivetime, she checked again and found that indeed the payoff was no short. Absolutley no apolgize!

All I can say is be AWARE. I will walk before I ever deal with them again. It makes no diffrence wether your a good customer or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 04:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/internet/Drive-Time-Be-AWARE-Internet-1064366. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time

An Absolute Dead Giveaway!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

One can always tell when a rebuttal hits the nail squarely and perfectly on the head...someone comes up with some immature, innane comments like "you must work for them" rather than offering a mature, intelligent rebuttal of the points someone makes.  Don't bother wasting your time kiddies, I don't work for them either!

Really

AUTHOR: REN - ()

My guess is you work for Drivetime! Yeah your right they did help in the time of need. But the still continue to Rip consumers who are at their lowest! STAY AWAY FROM DRIVETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thgis guy works for Drivetime

AUTHOR: REN - ()

I guess you like Drivetime? you must work for this company, find something better to do then to defend this ripoff company!!!

Where is the RipOff

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Drivetime gave you a loan when no one else would.  You were able to make your payments and improve your credit(still not great at 10-14% interest but at least it is a start).  You go in and trade in your car and the new dealer was slow in making the payoff.  Yet Drivetime is the RipOff?

The fact is that regardless of if you have the car or not..YOU are responsible for the loan.  That means if the dealer was slow..it doesn't matter the payment MUST still be made.   Every time Drivetime called you..you should have been on the phone to the dealer.  Just be lucky that the dealer paid it off at apparently only 8 days late, because if they delayed until 30 days and you didn't make the payment you would then have a late payment on your credit report.