Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Submitted: Mon, January 10, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 10, 2011

• Reported By: jackqulyn — Bradenton Florida United States of America
Drive Time

Drive Time DT credit company, LLC DriveTime definately is a RIP-OFF www.drivetime.com, Internet

I was leasing a car from this horrible company when I gotten into a car accident and my car was written off by my insurance company.I went to drive time to get another car but there was nothing that I was interested in also they wanted so much for down payment.

Eventually, 2 months later, I ended up getting a car from a buy here, pay here. Everything in my life was honkey dorey until my husband got hurt and was due a settlement. Finally, 7 months later, 1 week to the day of when my husband signed his paperwork, I get, no not me but my husband get a letter at my address stating that he owes DriveTime money. Omg.

I called the number on the letter and the rep said they do not have my presentaddress on file but my old address and that all of my mail were getting forwarded back to them. I forwarded all of my addresses properly because I do work for USPS, but its just another lie on their behalf.

I asked him how did they get this address and how can they send my mail in his name to this address. And thats when it dawned on me!!! They are trying to scam me out of money. If someone owed you money why would you wait 7 months to ask for it? Come on DriveTime. Stop scamming people with your $500 cars that you are selling for $12,000 and stop profiting off the poor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2011 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/internet/Drive-Time-DT-credit-company-LLC-DriveTime-definately-is-a-RIP-OFF-wwwdrivetimecom-Int-680942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time