Complaint Review: DriveTime And DT Acceptance Corportation

• Submitted: Sun, March 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, March 25, 2009

• Reported By:Queen creek Arizona
DriveTime And DT Acceptance Corportation
333 S Alma School Road Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

DriveTime And DT Acceptance Corportation Strong Arm Tactacts/ LoanSharks/ Threats Mesa Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Not sure what you're complaining about.

I brought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport to use for work. My job requires a working car. I must respond to different situations that happen within my company. I also have to travel within 3 states for my job.

Everything was going good for the first 2 years, then the motor went out in the jeep. I did not have the $2400 plus dollars to get a rebuilt motor put in. The jeep set for over a year while I made the payments. I did have a truck that I could use. I put alot of miles on that truck in the years time. I finally got the money and brought a junkyard motor and installed it myself. I got the jeep running but had a problem with the wiring show up.

Got that fixed and then a problem with the rear wheel bearings shows up. then the fuel pump goes out, that alone is a $225 dollar part. I did not have my truck to drive this time. I set at home or had to borrow rides from friends to get to work. I was told by my job to get a working car after I could not respond to an accident at work. I went out a got another car from a different dealership.

I called Drivetime to tell them I was giving them the jeep back. I was TOLD if very strong words that I would keep the Jeep and I WOULD make the payments or they would garnish my wages. They started calling my work, payroll and my boss trying to get information on me. They called me at work, I told them they cannot call me at work, the young punk Jimmy said they can call me anytime they (DT) wants because I owe them money. I have been told several times that they will ruin my credit and garnish my wages by Jeannett Garbo and her manager. All they do is make threats.

I told Drivetime that I was going to talk with a lawyer, I was told to "Listen very closely to what the lawyer tells me". Under Arizona law no matter what I will pay for the jeep. Drivetime is not willing to work with anyone short of a lawyer. I have told them I cannot pay for 2 cars but I could make smaller payments to them and keep the Jeep. ON NO they say it has to the FULL payment. The only thing they know how to do is bullying people.

Well I do have a meeting with a Lawyer coming up, I will be telling him about this website and all the complaints on it.

Jackie
Queen creek, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2009 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DriveTime-And-DT-Acceptance-Corportation/Mesa-Arizona-85210/DriveTime-And-DT-Acceptance-Corportation-Strong-Arm-Tactacts-LoanSharks-Threats-Mesa-Ari-436537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DriveTime And DT Acceptance Corportation

Not sure what you're complaining about.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

You bought a used vehicle, which you imply worked great for 2 years and it seems like you put some major mileage on (travelling between 3 states for work). Then, when it started having mechanical issues (not uncommon for a used car that is driven a lot), you think you should just be able to give it back with no consequences? Get real. What Drivetime is trying to tell you is that you signed a contract that says you'll pay them back what you borrowed, plus (probably ridiculously high) interest. They are going to hold you to that contract. Frankly, I can't imagine any finance company NOT holding you to that contract.

I think you'll be wasting your money on a lawyer in this case. Eventually, Drivetime is going to repo the car, sell it at auction and come after you for the balance of the loan. This will damage your credit and there's not much you can do other than paying them what you owe them.