rank

DriveTime
2335 S IH 35 Round Rock, Texas United States of America

DriveTime FRAUD - double check your car title! Round Rock, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Almost the same problem

I purchased a car from DriveTime in 2010 signing documents stating the car had a clean title.

Last week I went to trade in the car for another vehicle. When the dealership pulled the CARFAX report it showed the car I had purchased from DriveTime has a branded-lemon law buy back title. For that reason and at reason only they would not take the car at all

The title was 'branded' in 2004, I purchased the car in 2010. I went to drive time with my paperwork and the general manager was kind enough and said he would look in to it and get back to me.

He did as he said and called the next day. However, he called to tell us there was nothing he could do and go call customer support!!

Calling customer support was a joke! I have had to call them back two more times and they still claim they did not receive the paperwork Art Hellman (GM at Round Rock) faxed them.

I would like every penny I paid in to the car paid back to me and they can come get this car or I will be more than happy to take it back to them. [continued below]....
.....

I understand having to pay a lot more for a car because of bad credit. I am not angry about already paying $14k on the car and owe another $9500, it is ridiculous but it's the price I have to pay for having bad credit.

However, having bad credit does not mean I should be lied to.

This is full out fraud no matter how you spin it

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DriveTime/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/DriveTime-FRAUD-double-check-your-car-title-Round-Rock-Texas-999954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DriveTime

Almost the same problem

AUTHOR: Lu1962 - (United States of America)

I know exactly how you feel!  I ran a "CarFax" report on my car and found it had been in not one but two accidents, one which was major!!!  I am looking into filing suit against this horrible company!  I cannot get rid of my car due to the remaining damage, and the amount of my loan.  Please let me know what comes of your situation.

Lesa