Complaint Review: DriveTime

• Submitted: Tue, October 17, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 11, 2006

• Reported By:Anytown California
DriveTime
18313 HAWTHORNE BLVD Torrance, California U.S.A.

DriveTime, Ugly Duckling, Cars Yes Cheated me with my registration fees, overcharged on my vehicle, refused to take car back, complete and total unfair business practices. Torrance California

*Consumer Comment: used cars

*Consumer Comment: I fell behind too

*Consumer Comment: check the date of your registration

I purchased my vehicle in June, 2006. It was a fairly new vehicle, 2004, and it had low mileage on it. I paid for my registration and license upon purchase, but 3 months later, I recieve a notice telling me my registration was due. How could that be, when I just purchased and paid for my registration 3 months ago???

I called the dealership, and they began the tranfer game..First customer service transferred me to a dept. in Long Beach, then I was transferred to another department in Montebello, and so on and so forth. To make a long transfer short, I talked to 7 different departments, and no one could help me. Eventually, they referred me to the location I purchased it from(the beginning),and neither manager that I spoke to, could help me.

I was told to give them my information, they would look up my account, and get back to me...never recieved any information. I drove out there...still no solutions to my problem. Also, about 2 hours after I purchased my car, my husband and I agreed that the car was a little too small for our family, we asked if we could exchange it for another car that was a little bigger, but of course, they said no. I was upset, but not too much, becuse that was my fault...I should have looked for a bigger car BEFORE purchasing it. I am stuck with the car, and I have been EXTREMELY overcharged. Any information on how to get this registration dilemma taken care of, will be greatly appreciated.

K
Anytown, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2006 09:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DriveTime/Torrance-California-90504/DriveTime-Ugly-Duckling-Cars-Yes-Cheated-me-with-my-registration-fees-overcharged-on-my-216331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DriveTime

used cars

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I took a friend up to drive time to buy a car she had awful credit and you know what she got approved yeah her interest is outragous but you have to take what you can get their old car did not have a/c and her daughter was in a car accident she needed something a little better..they explained everything to her and somethings twice..I've always been told though you buy a used car your buying someone elses problem you can't expect for nothing to go wrong...sorry..

I fell behind too

AUTHOR: Shannon - (U.S.A.)

I fell behind on my payments too, because of the major repairs we had to do every month, and they did not help us. They called every body in the family looking for us and even asking them for payments. The only reason why it got caught up is because they had to re fi it because MO is a state that holds the title and they would not release the title to them unless it was caught up.

I pretty much had to tell them we would end up jail because of them if they did not do it because all the tags were out and I could not get them renewed. the car did not pass inspection either and we had it for a year. so they re fi'ed it and added a few hundred extra dollars on there for good measure.

check the date of your registration

AUTHOR: Lois - (U.S.A.)

I am not certain how california works, but in Florida the registration of any vehicle is the month of your birth each calendar year. I too purchased from drive time back in 2001, a 1998 mercury mountaineer that I still have to this day, no issues, not problems, runs perfectly and is paid off early and in full. My purchase was in June, my registration was paid by me up to the December of that calendar year (6 months), which is the month I was born.

Having worked for a car dealership long ago, I knew this at the time of purchase and required no explanation at that time, and I am a single mother that by most standards someone would consider an easy target; could it be that maybe no one has explained this procedure at the time of purchase or that they did and you simply did not hear them - I hope that helps... and by the way, for all you uncredity worthy people complaining about this company, their terms, interest or price of vehicle, which you see in black and white in a federally regulated truth in lending aka "regulation Z", there are always ample buy here pay here places for you to go that offer no such thing as credit reporting to improve what we alone did to our own private credit standings - being a single mother, I fell behind several times, they worked with me each time..all in all, they are not as bad as these people make them out to be the best to all