Complaint Review: Driver Support

• Updated: Sun, March 23, 2014

• Reported By: T.F. — Saline Michigan
Driver Support
9433 FM 2244, Building 1, Suite 200 Austin, Texas USA

Driver Support DriverSupport.com, Driver Detective Complete Scam BEWARE! Austin Texas

To Whom it May Concern,

I recently purchased DriverSupport software because I had a missing driver on my PC and I could not solve the problem.  The software scanned my PC and said I had 20+ driver problems that would be fixed.  When I ran the software I seemed to download drivers and asked me to install manually.  When I did, it asked me to verify that the problem was fixed!?!  I thought that is why I bought the software.  So, I called Tech support.  The gentleman on the line remotely accessed my PC and began downloading drivers and installing.  While he did that he started a sales pitch for advanced assistance and began to show me "serius problems" with my PC.  I was shocked at all teh things he alleged were wrong.  I kept asking him to show me the driver fix process.  Each time one downloaded, he would quickly click "OK" when asked if the PC was now functioning properly--even though he never actually tested it!  I soon realized this was a scam.  He went on for 30 minutes pressuring me to buy the advanced service.  When I told him I could not afford it, he insisted I pay with a credit card "because I would not have to pay untillater."  What a complete scam artist!  I thanked him for his help and hung up.  The next day I got help from a tech saavy friend who went through all the "alleged problems" identified by the DriverSupport tech.  They were all FALSE.  DriverSupport was just trying to use my ignorance about computers to scam me out of hundreds of dollars. I have demanded a refund but have not heard back.  STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUSINESS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2014 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Driver-Support/Austin-Texas-78733/Driver-Support-DriverSupportcom-Driver-Detective-Complete-Scam-BEWARE-Austin-Texas-1132894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Driver Support