Complaint Review: Driver's Auto Repair

• Reported By: Cypress Customer — Cypress Texas
Driver's Auto Repair
26206 Hempstead Hwy cypress, Texas USA

Driver's Auto Repair Fraudulent business practices cypress Texas

On 6/28/13, I left my 08 Jeep at Driver's Auto Repair. GM, Darroll Hardee advised me that the diagnostic found an issue with the Windshield Washer Pump that needed to be replaced. He advised that the part cost $227 and labor would be $130, total $357. I told Darroll I would call him back. I had concern about the cost of the part. Darroll called back and stated that he contacted Chrysler and found that my model vehicle was issued a recall from Chrysler (Recall K24) for the Windshield Wiper Motor, but that my vehicle's VIN was not part of the recall. I told Darroll I would like to call him back before authorizing the work.

I contacted Auto Zone to quote the cost of a Windshield Washer Pump. They quoted $14.99. I also obtained a quote on a Windshield Washer Motor which was $59.99. I called Darroll to clarify the parts that required replacing since was being charged $227 for a part I could obtain at Auto Zone for $14.99. He said he misspoke and that the pump and the motor needed to be replaced. This seemed feasible given the recall information he provided which after checking, was in fact a valid recall by Chrysler for the Windshield Wiper Motor (Google Search Chrysler Recall K24). I informed Darroll that I would still not pay $227 for parts I can obtain for $75. After negotiating, he lowered the cost of parts to $130.

Returned to pick up the car on 6/29. Work order receipt stated only the pump was replaced, no Wiper "Motor". I questioned Darroll who stated that the motor is a component inside the pump of which I argued is the part that only cost $15 and that our arrangement was based on replacing both parts. He said if I could find wiper parts for $15 as I claimed, he would adjust the bill. I returned with the $15 part from Auto Zone that matched the part replaced from the vehicle. He said that it was a universal part and not the same brand of part as he installed and refused to adjust bill. Bottom line, he negotiated work based on replacing 2 parts and only replaced 1 at a mark up of 866%. Beware! Don't do business with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivers-Auto-Repair/cypress-Texas-77433/Drivers-Auto-Repair-Fraudulent-business-practices-cypress-Texas-1063184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Driver's Auto Repair