Complaint Review: Drivetime Auto Sales

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 03, 2009

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Drivetime Auto Sales
1511 Bandera Rd San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Drivetime Auto Sales Ripped Me Off!!! San Antonio Texas

*Author of original report: Final Words

In September of 2008 I arranged to take over the payments on my friend's 2001 Hyundai Elantra. The car was financed through Drivetime. When I took over the payments I was first told I could make the same payments on the 15th of every month. When I went to do the final paperwork I'm told that's changed and I would have to pay every two weeks or risk reposession. While there were no physical problems with the vehicle except for standard transmission and I'm not certain that counts. After three weeks of learning to drive this thing I go back to Drivetime and try to explain that I have scoliosis (my spine grows wrong) and that it made standard very painful for me, I was told that my payments had to be below 3500 for me to trade in the vehicle. When I told them I had just been left with a car I could not drive I was rudely told to take it up with corporate. Make this even worse, Drivetime never put my name on anything and I was never able to register the car. I never got a copy of the title. Their favorite excuse was that it was "in the mail". On November 3, 2008 that car was involved in an accident on NW Loop 410. It was totaled to say the least. I'm told I still owe money on it. I decided that since it's not in my name and I don't have it anymore that I wouldn't make payments until I got a copy of what I signed. My favorite part of this little tale is that while all of this was happening, my husband was in IRAQ and Drivetime is trying to contact his Commanding Officer. (He's in the Army). My sad little ending is that I now have a black mark on my credit and I'm hoping to be sued.

Nikki
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime-Auto-Sales/San-Antonio-Texas-78228/Drivetime-Auto-Sales-Ripped-Me-Off-San-Antonio-Texas-440085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime Auto Sales

Final Words

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

My advice to everyone who is having a problem with Drivetime is to hide the vehicle and make them sue you. Have your day in court.