Complaint Review: Drivetime Credit

• Submitted: Tue, May 02, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, May 02, 2006

• Reported By:Orange County California
Drivetime Credit
16401 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach, California U.S.A.

Drivetime Credit Big Ripoff!! Huntington Beach California

I bought my vehicle in September of 2005. I do have bad credit that's why I went to "Drivetime". I first contacted them online and they said to come on in because "they wanted to help me out".

To make a long story short they sold me a 1999 Ford Explorer with 73,000 miles for $13,000. I needed a car at the time and they told me that it was a good deal so believed them and I signed the papers.

Now I have realized the mistake I made. Blue Book Value on this car is between $4,000.00 and $5,000.00 and they gave me a 29% interest rate on top of that for a grand total of $22,000.00.

Furthermore, I tried sending in payments that were larger than what was due to try to pay money on the principal. Of course they said I couldn't do that because the interest is accrued daily.

Drivetime targets people with bad credit and uses the opportunity to take advantage of their situation by making you think that you got a good deal. I think that this whole deal seems very unfair, does anyone else?

D
Orange County, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2006 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime-Credit/Huntington-Beach-California-92647/Drivetime-Credit-Big-Ripoff-Huntington-Beach-California-189677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime Credit