Complaint Review: Drivetime

• Updated: Sat, July 28, 2012

• Reported By: Tampa Bay — Seminole Florida United States of America
Drivetime
16211 US HIGHWAY 19 N CLEARWATER, Florida United States of America

Drivetime DT Credit Corporation, Ugly Duckling, DT Credit Corp Unreasonable Prices, Excessive Interest, Defective Vehicles, Poor Customer Service, Worthless Warranty CLEARWATER, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Don't

*UPDATE Employee: DriveTime Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: Another One..

I bought a minivan from Drivetime in February of 2010. I have been paying on it for 28 months. It has broken down repeatedly and they do not honor the warranty. They change around the payment due dates without notifying me so that they can add on late fees. They charge $5 per day that the payment is late and $10 to make an instant payment.

Every single day that I have this minivan they are adding on a $4.50 "daily interest charge" on top of charging double Kelley Blue Book value plus the highest interest rate allowed in Florida.

They have the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. They have no intention of ever backing the product that they sell, and they seem to go out of their way to bilk their customers for every cent they can manage.

In the contract they made me sign it makes me liable for their attorney's fees if I sue them during the course of the loan. They told me that if I turn the vehicle in as a voluntary reposession they will sue me for the amount left due on the loan minus what the vehicle sells for at auction. Due to the fact that I'm basically paying about $24,000 for a vehicle that was worth $5900 when I bought it, that means I'm basically screwed.

If there is anyone out there who would like to join me in a class action lawsuit, I can manage to be ready to file this summer. Just file a rebuttal or feel free to contact me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2012 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime/CLEARWATER-Florida-33764/Drivetime-DT-Credit-Corporation-Ugly-Duckling-DT-Credit-Corp-Unreasonable-Prices-Excess-890728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime

Don't

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Don't want to pay late charges? Don't pay late! Don't want to pay a fee for an "instant payment"? Don't wait until the last minute to pay! How much simpler can it become?

DriveTime Customer Service

AUTHOR: DriveTime Customer Service - (United States of America)

Thank you for your feed back.  Please be assured that at DriveTime we are committed to providing excellent service to all our customers.  We would like an opportunity to address you concerns directly at 888-290-0148.

DriveTime Customer Service

Another One..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Another Sub-Prime borrower who doesn't want to take responsibility for their actions.

- They did not make you sign it now did they.  You had a choice to get up, walk out the door and never look back.  But you didn't because YOU wanted the car and they were probably the only dealer that would even talk to you about a loan let alone approve you for one.

- And EVERY other lender will tell you the exact same thing.

- You must watch too much CourtTV or are a 1st Year Law Student who thinks they know it all.  You need to do some research as to not only how long but what it actually takes to file a Class Action Lawsuit.  Because when you do that you will realize how silly your statement actually is.

But with that said, there are two issues that you may have a case on, of course the devil is in the details as they say.  So with the Warranty are the parts that are breaking covered under the warranty?  If so it should be a pretty easy small claims suit(depending on the amount).  As for the due dates do you have proof that they are changing the due dates?  Does the original paperwork give them this permission to change the dates or is it a set date per month?