Complaint Review: Drivetime

• Submitted: Mon, January 19, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 19, 2009

• Reported By:dunedin Florida
Drivetime
drivetime.com Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Drivetime - ugly Ducking Sales my first car, bad experience with this company Clearwater Florida

At the age of 20 I decided to purchase a car something in my name to build my credit. I bought a 2003 Honda Element. I figured it was my best option based on my credit and not having anyone to co-sign for me.

Tonight, AFTER 3 years of working my ass of to make my $400.00/month payments, (200-bi-weekly payments) I take a look at my credit report because i'm trying to clear-up the small medical debt I have and realize that Drivetime has been reporting me negatively for the past few months.

Around November 08' I applied and got approved to defer my loan (4 payments) they approved to push the defered payments to the back end of my loan and PROMISED that the account would remain in good standing. Since, I have made every payment on time. Now my credit report reflects me having a 16,000 debt with them?... My loan will be satisfied late 2010.

I'm a little confused on how to resolve this considering that I can seem to get any of the drivetime employees to assist me at the corp. office.

I also looked at who has been looking at my credit report and they have viewed my credit more than five times over the past 2 years. Just because I have financed a vehicle with them does that give them authorization to do so?

Please send me an email if you can help.

Thanks,
April

Apelil
dunedin, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime/Clearwater-Florida-33778/Drivetime-ugly-Ducking-Sales-my-first-car-bad-experience-with-this-company-Clearwater-F-413904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime