Complaint Review: Drivetime

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: alice — norfolk Virginia United States of America
Drivetime

Drivetime Seeking other dissatisfied Drivetime customers in Norfolk Va let's get a lawyer, Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I will defintley join you !!!

*Consumer Comment: The Facts of Financial Life

*UPDATE Employee: DriveTime Customer Service

*Author of original report: Several typos in my report (I was using my iphone0

*Consumer Comment: A vehicle's awkward age

I purchased a 2006 Sonata from Drivetime approximately 1 year ago. Before leaving the lot I brought to the attention of the salesman a noise in the frontend and the car was leaning. He said that he noticed the right front tire being a little low And the noise sounds like a shock and that the warranty would take care of that. I proceeded with buying the car be pause if their "useless" warranty. I took the car to the shop that they told me. I was told that the chastise need greased and he did it and told me to drive it for a while to let it puberty properly.

After the holidays I took it back and he said that he had mus diagnosed it and that it was the strut. Drivetime denied the claim due to it not being a covered part after I was assured it would be fixed. We had the strut replaced on our own. Dix not curd the problem. Then the brakes went bad. Fixed them. Had someone drive the car the other day and was told that we should get a carfzx that it appears that the car has been previously wrecked. Both ftint tires are even wearing unevenly due to front end issues. If you hit a bump you better hold on because the car gears off to the right and still makes horrible noises.

I need a safe car to drive and tried to trade the car in but Drivetime ripped me off so bad I owe $14000.00 for a car only worth $5000.00 to trade in. The dealership is suggesting that I contact a lawyer due to the safety concerns and the usery laws that are in place against companies that over charge at a high rate. I have spoken to dt several times asking for help to get a safe car by either taking it back or lowering the payoff so that I can get a safe car and only get talked to poorly by customer service.

I am going to seek a lawyer within the next week either alone or as a group. Contact me if you have been ripped off by Drivetime and live in the Norfolk area and lets put a stop to people being taken advantage of by this company!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime/internet/Drivetime-Seeking-other-dissatisfied-Drivetime-customers-in-Norfolk-Va-lets-get-a-lawye-946616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

I will defintley join you !!!

AUTHOR: disgusted - ()

Let me start off saying this!! Having challenged credit has nothing to do with be treated fairly, just because you have what you call “bad credit “does not mean that you have to be taken advantage of and it will take someone to hide behind a computer to make such a derogatory comment.

I also would like to say I am in Norfolk Virginia, and definitely would like to nail this company to the wall.

Last year around Feb I went to Drive Time in Richmond, and purchased a 2007 Camry nice car loved it I always wanted a Camry, now mind you I brought this car from an ex-coworker that’s right I worked for these bastards and they screwed me over then too.  I got the car loved it no issues with the car I was satisfied with the payments and everything. I put 1700.00 down to get this car and within a week I was notified by DMV and was told that it was a lien on my license , I had to pay 2000.00 to get back , my car note was due the same month and my 30 day tags was about to expire . I contacted Drive Time two weeks before my note was due and explained the situation , They asked me to fax over the receipts which I did , they told me everything was fine , but did remind me that this was my first payment , They continue to call me every day , I told them that I could make the payment on 04/30 I got paid twice a month at the time , when I call them to make the payment they told me that they did not want my business and that I had to return the car , I pleaded with them I had the money to pay I actually was going to pay two payments , I called talked to some very rude people , I told them that I would return the car if they gave me my 1700.00 back they told me that they could not that I had wear and tear on the vehicle , yeah right had it less than 30 days . I called every second of the day, they still would not budge, I finally got a rep on the phone and she advised me to re-fax them over again for review which I did, that night those bastards repoed my car.

I definitely want to join in this suit even though I might not get any money back I would get the satisfaction to see this company out of business , hell they have already closed down several locations and re-structured so much I surprised they are in business

Please contact me so I might give you my information

The Facts of Financial Life

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

The ONLY reason you are messing around with this dealership is because you have bad credit.  Because of this, you have limited yourself to subprime dealerships which sell tired, worn out high mileage cars.  You have a car with problems.  There's nothing you can do now unless you have a warranty which covers the cause of these problems.  The price and the interest rate were made available to you during the buying process.  The time to complain about their amounts is right then and there by declining the transaction.

Keeping one's creditworthiness high opens many doors as a consumer.  You develope good credit by paying your bills on time.

DriveTime Customer Service

AUTHOR: DriveTime Customer Service - (United States of America)

Thank you for your feed back.

Please be assured that at DriveTime we are committed to providing excellent service to all our customers.

We would like an opportunity to address you concerns directly at 888-290-0148.

Matthew

DriveTime Customer Service

Several typos in my report (I was using my iphone0

AUTHOR: alice - (United States of America)

corrections:

. I was told that the chastise need greased and he did it and told me to drive it for a while to let it puberty properly,( I was told that the chasis needed greased and he did it and told me to drive it for a while to let the grease soak in properly.)  he said that he had mus diagnosed it , (misdiagnosed) Dix not curd the problem. (did not cure the problem) get a carfzx that it appears  (carfax)
because the car gears off to the right (veers off to the right)

I apologize for the typos, how embarrassing.  I won't use the iphone to type something this long again.

A vehicle's awkward age

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"told me to drive it for a while to let it puberty properly"

A 2006 vehicle has probably already reached puberty.

threatened