Complaint Review: Drivetime

Drivetime
Nationwide United States of America

Drivetime Compounding interest, harassing calls Internet, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: DriveTime Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: All These Calls, Fees and Interest.

Just made the final payment on a 2003 Buick bought originally in Las Vegas, Nv. While I admit some of our credit issues were my fault there was no need for the rude calls and harassment they put us through. Right after our move to Texas in 2008 we were hit by hurricane Ike and were left homeless for over a month and all they wanted was to do a loan modification and of course there was a fee for that.

2 years ago the engine blew and we continued to make payments on a vehicle that we couldn't drive. In May of this year I mistakenly thought I had finished paying them. It wasn't until we had a note posted on our door from a tow company and we called to find out what was going on that we realized we were told we still owed them over 1200.00. All of this due to late fees and interest upon interest. When called, the main office hung up on us 6 times. They really weren't interested in taking the final payments. They wanted to repo the vehicle and get at least another 3000.00 from us.

Keep in mind we called them about the engine to see what our options were when it blew and they could have cared less. So to keep our credit report from taking another major hit we continued to pay. On top of this they have a scam going with their payment system. The rep on the phone couldn't take the whole amount of 850.00 and some change. She had to do it in 2 payments which means we were charged double the payment fee. So not only are they charging interest they are getting excess fees for paying over the phone, online etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2012 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime/nationwide/Drivetime-Compounding-interest-harassing-calls-Internet-Nationwide-932821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime

DriveTime Customer Service

AUTHOR: DriveTime Customer Service - (United States of America)

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and allowing us to address your concerns.  We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused.  The actions described are not aligned with DriveTimes standard of customer service and support.

Matthew

DriveTime

Customer Service

Toll Free 888-290-0148

All These Calls, Fees and Interest.

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

I'm just a little curious about this.  If you would have made all your payments on-time, there would have been no phone calls, no extra interest and no late fees, right.  Then, there would have been no complaining about phone calls, extra interest and late fees.  I think that's how it works!  Well, don't mind me, I had some time on my hands and was just thinking out loud.